• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Study for the exam and then watch the archive the day after the test.
buh buh buh the hype :(
Guess I will have to do this tomorrow evening.

@Sanford GIF

LOL that shit gets me every time, the look on his face hahaa

Dahbomb said:
Crippled in the sense that they aren't using hypers, DHC trick, down one assist (cause they will never be using Phoenix as assist, just one point and one assist) and X factor with those 2 characters. They can't use Snap backs either. I mean they are easier to take down than a regular team that's for sure because you don't get hit by "touch of death" combos without meter usage... usually.

From what I've seen in the streams, the good Phoenix'es will try to build meter asap and get Phoenix out to force the opponent to make her transform and tag her back out. That way, they can use meter and really save her for last. Otherwise, I've seen a lot of runaways for time outs.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Grecco said:
Still not convinced Phoenix is top 5.
As far as single character match-ups go, there's little doubt in my mind that she's the best individual character in the game. It's the question of whether the handicap she places on the rest of her team makes it worth it or not.

Lost Fragment said:
Predicting that SmoothViper will be on the verge of victory against Noel Brown, then Triforce will sneak up and hit SmoothViper in the back of the head with a steel chair, then Noel will rip off SmoothViper's shirt and spraypaint "EMP" on his back.
Now I'm gonna be sad if this doesn't happen.

Empire Arcadia = new nWo?

Threi

notag
Sixfortyfive said:
As far as single character match-ups go, there's little doubt in my mind that she's the best individual character in the game.
Nah...I'd personally still give that to Wesker.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
You guys might have seen me mention MVC3 at Dragon Lounge in SF. I put together a little wrote up on the session, check it out: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/30/on-the-scene-get-roasted-at-dragon-lounge.html

rivals said:
Haunts - sweet article on ipw on the Dragon Lounge. What time do you guys normally start? I want to check it out some time but I live in the south bay and work full time, and as far as I know there's no good bart access to the sunset.

We usually start up around 9PM PST.. and yeah I think you'd def have to take a bus from BART to get there.

Grifter

my wesker buddy had trouble with this the other night - what do you set up his offense with if the opponent walks under your gunshot?

USD

Yoshichan said:
NEW MARVELOUS ADVENTURES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9KXlQXaH_k&feature=feedu

Sorry if old, this popped on subscription list just now so fuck Youtube if they failed again.
Awkward.

awkward1e3v.gif

Dahbomb

If it's like a true one on one match where both characters have equal hyper meters and XFC on deck meaning the next combo will kill the character then the advantage is definitely with Phoenix against Wesker (or any other character in the game).

In real life match situation it's a different case altogether. Assists come into play as well as other factors. Wesker can still win against Phoenix a lot of times, it's about landing a well timed hyper on reaction or counter on reaction. Phoenix has the upper hand when it comes to landing that combo because of the higher speed, better teleport, projectile mix up shenanigans and much superior air game. Their healths and damage output becomes a non-issue as both can pretty much one touch kill each other, it's all about mobility and mix up.

what do you set up his offense with if the opponent walks under your gunshot
How do you walk under his gun shot (unless you mean characters who are so short you can't even hit them with it)? Use the low gun shot into L teleport I guess and cover your approach/teleports with a beam/projectile assist. Or air gun shot into teleport.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Grifter said:
my wesker buddy had trouble with this the other night - what do you set up his offense with if the opponent walks under your gunshot?
Reminds me that I need to finish working on my height chart. I'm trying to catalog which characters can just stand/crouch/walk under various moves.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Yeah.... I expect to see this stuff from Justin Wong's Spider Man/Deadpool/Iron Man team tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-lEjAG5D4

Freaking cheater using sent! Spidey's combos so much easier on sent.

edit; Ah he does it on the captain too.

Looks like my bnb, but he reverses the order of the swing/sting. Probably be easier that way, long as i don't follow through if it's blocked. That one may not work anywhere either... I'll have to test.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah alright, that trick with comboing into a raw tag with Magneto's hyper grav is pretty sick. Seems youc an continue the combo with pretty much any character that has a fast enough move that puts your opponent into a launch or juggle state. So far I've gotten it to work with Task's charging star (or whatever it's called), Ammy's launcher, and Akuma's heavy dp. And Viper's heavy knuckle of course.

Might switch my team up because of this looool

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fact!
Blazblue: Nu-13 DDDDDDDD combos "OMG THATS SO CHEAP WHAT A SCRUBBY CHARACTER"

mvc3: Magneto, CCCCCCCCCCC combos "OMG THAT'S SO SICK MAD SKILLS"

h3ro

QisTopTier said:
Fact!

Bureibroo doesn't get enough love. FACT.

RS4-

I wonder if I can get the I Got Next docu to screen here in a Toronto theater that is used for indie films and such.

Might have to contact a few people.

QisTopTier said:
Fact!

Ok, doin combos with Nu-13 are substantially easier than Mags! Nu is literally just holding directions while mashing D, whereas with mags you have to aim with superjumps/air dashes.

USD

FindMyFarms said:
Ok, doin combos with Nu-13 are substantially easier than Mags! Nu is literally just holding directions while mashing D, whereas with mags you have to aim with superjumps/air dashes.
Also, v-13 was zoning you out, locking you down, and hit-confirming that shit from half-screen away. Not that I cared much about it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FindMyFarms said:

Technically she has to aim her shit too, but it was sarcasm :p maybe I should of said ammy

h3ro

I have lots of family in India. I'll have Spooky stream my wedding so my Aunts and Uncles in Punjab can watch.

I ain't even joking.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
h3ro said:
I have lots of family in India. I'll have Spooky stream my wedding so my Aunts and Uncles in Punjab can watch.

I ain't even joking.
Agreed.

Also, as a Punjabi I have some strange need to acknowledge another Punjabi on the internet. *respekt knuckles*

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
USD said:
Teknopathetic
Now we can handle this
like some gentlemen, or we
can get into some old
JOUTAI HENKOU shit.

LOL. Word: JOUTAI HENKOU JOUTAI HENKOU JOUTAI HENKOU JOUTAI HENKOU JOUTAI HENKOU JOUTAI HENKOU JOUTAI HENKOU JOUTAI HENKOU JOUTAI HENKOU

That shit was the worst when nobody knew how to play against her when she got unlocked at the arcade.

Dat Spidey 100% been out for a minute. It officially is on the whole cast what with the Sent nerf.

In other Webhead news, that Japanese Spidey video was really good. Web throw to MS midscreen is doable on all characters, not just Sent. Gotta super jump into Air MS, which is insanely faster apparently. Makes my Spidey BnB 815k iirc, 708k if outside of corner. So now there's a great hitconfirm and reset option for him.

I really don't want to drop X-23 for Deadpool (Wesker is not an option for me, hate the character), but unless I get more consistent on the second OTG timing with her, it might have to happen. I've been getting somewhat better at it though.

Still working on that reg web throw loop, got three reps down once and that's about it :/.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ayo Spooky takes care of his viewers, always keeps checking in to see how shit is going. Even though its buttery smooth throughout, I appreciate him checking in on the user-end of things.

USD

USD

It's funny how everyone loves Marn now, when he used to be probably the most hated (most of it undeserving) person in the fighting game community.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Marn playing She-Hulk/Zero/Dormammu now?

As useful as She-Hulk is, damn everyone's using her. Never can get enough of Dorm though.

WTF @ Marn giving sex analogies, shit is too awkward/funny

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Glad to see Yun is still up to his bullshit straight from Third Strike. He doesn't even need his Super. Wtf...

Evil Ryu looks fun to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom