• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
I've found this too, I whiff combos I've practiced offline over and over when I go up against online opponents so often. I do enjoy matches with people of equal skill regardless though.

Akuma, Amaterasu and Wolverine, in that order are the most annoying characters to play online.

Played so many variations of Wolverine/Akuma/Ryu/Iron Man teams today. Berserker barrage + Tatsu + Beam spam is so damn annoying.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
*looks at avatar*

Oh Q.... why....

I love well written children shows :p I watch animated movies all the time too. Plus I love the art style/voice acting. :p

I never want to grow up :p
Plus I still look like I'm 15 or 16. tons of people mistake my age..... or gender....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Infinite Justice said:
While i'm super late to this how are you guys liking the new Sentinel?
Puts him more in-line with the rest of the cast, actually not a huge deal, and is righfully just.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Puts him more in-line with the rest of the cast, actually not a huge deal, and is righfully just.
Umm, actually it did the opposite, it made about 70% of the cast better than him now :p where only like maybe 40% were before.
His hp had nothing to do with him touch of deathing people in xfactor mode.

Is Marn still the only one constantly charging Zero? I haven't seen anyone else do it. I'm testing Zero in the same slot as Dante, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks Wong, I've been saying HsienKo is the worst character in the game since before it came out. Maybe people will believe me now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
Umm, actually it did the opposite, it made about 70% of the cast better than him now :p where only like maybe 40% were before.
His hp had nothing to do with him touch of deathing people in xfactor mode.
Hush, you. I'm just saying he was very overpowered when combined with a certain mechanic that shall not be named in the game, and now has had a small vulnerability amplified that actually doesn't drastically change things THAT much. He's still viable, just not as viable and go-to all round anymore.

Is Marn still the only one constantly charging Zero? I haven't seen anyone else do it. I'm testing Zero in the same slot as Dante, so we'll see what happens.
After seeing Marn charge his zero constantly, I've seen all but 1 other Zero do it as well. Kinda tough to do on my controller so I never do it.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
I love well written children shows :p I watch animated movies all the time too. Plus I love the art style/voice acting. :p

I never want to grow up :p
Plus I still look like I'm 15 or 16. tons of people mistake my age..... or gender....

wtf I didn't even recognize you without your taskmaster troll avatar.

shaowebb

Hurray! More pony fans are playing this besides me. Maybe someday I won't be the only one with a custom My Little Pony arcade stick.

Neki

shaowebb said:
Hurray! More pony fans are playing this besides me. Maybe someday I won't be the only one with a custom My Little Pony arcade stick.
I was a pony fan before q you jerk. :mad:

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
I've seen your stick show up on 4chan multiple times to many equally trollish replies.

Unless that was you, yourself trolling.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
I was a pony fan before q you jerk. :mad:

Yay! More fans! Friendship is truly magical.

Is laying it on thick, while waiting for the new episode to load.

enzo_gt said:
I've seen your stick show up on 4chan multiple times to many equally trollish replies.

Unless that was you, yourself trolling.

*blink* *blink*

Um...no. Holy crap, my stick pic is now floating on 4chan. Well, if it gets well known enough I'll save the trolling for microphone moments against guys that act like jerks that I beat online. I hope the next guy who starts F-bombing me gets mad salty before I tell him this.

The salt explosion from such news would be great since I would likely post more pics with their gamertags taped to the stick and crossed out to show off when I beat someone who was a jerk.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:

I can't play on an arcade stick, and if I did it's reserved for Ky or Makoto. :p

Rorschach said:
Do you cruise middle schools?

No but getting hit on by older dudes who are clearly pedo rapist is fucking hilarious. Works same way with girls actually...
Avoided getting molested like 3 times last night

Ultimoo said:
wtf I didn't even recognize you without your taskmaster troll avatar.

Technically this is a troll avatar as well due to what scene it's from

Ferrio said:
*sigh* poor Lei Lei
Super MvC3 is gonna be gonna be a fun time for Lei Lei. Just you watch.

>:)
NinajHeartless said:
;) It is ok, thanks to you I can...kinda almost.... put up with dat Ammy pressure. Doesn't make it any less annoying ;D
Until weapon change combos and strats become common place. Then it's back to step one.

;)

kirblar

Here's what people don't understand about the Sentinel Nerf- it was done because his risk/reward ratio was completely out of line with the rest of the cast. If your opponent screwed up once, they probabably had a dead character. But Sentinel could screw up multiple times, and still live, get a random hit and kill you out of nowhere.

Characters with low mobility get higher HP, on average, to compensate for the fact that they have a more difficult time getting in. Sentinel was a big character, but he certainly wasn't a character with low mobility.

It's amazing to see Justin making Thor work, make the Hsien-Ko assist not just a cute griefing trick, and manage to use MIGHTY SPEECH to build meter. Awesome.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
kirblar said:
But Sentinel could screw up multiple times, and still live, get a random hit and kill you out of nowhere.

Characters with low mobility get higher HP
Sent only got to screw up twice, same as thor, hulk, haggar, she hulk, and tron and even then sometimes he only got to screw up once and it's way way easier to get sent to screw up vs most of the characters in the game.

As far as good mobility and high hp? Wesker, Thor, Tron, Taskmaster?

shaowebb

Okay this goes out to God's Beard.

I got Thor on team with She-hulk because the Randy Savage is easy to time with Torpedo to create a bitchin unblockable. She hulk is on anchor for this reason even though when I played her before on various teams she was point.

Who should I add to this team in your opinion since I want to roll Thor on point and She-Hulk on anchor. For battery I could try Haggar and get high health high damage with lariat coverage on guys or maybe MODOK...or hell maybe anyone.

Too excited over creating my first really easy to time unblockable ( the rest are too damned tricky or well known by now)

Thoughts?

Justin's doing a good job of using his Marvel foundation to put Thor to work, even if he's obviously not super familiar with the character. I'd really like to see more air mighty strike M after the hammer dive to start the mixup. It's something I never see Thors do, probably because they aren't familiar with much frame data.

shaowebb said:
Okay this goes out to God's Beard.

I got Thor on team with She-hulk because the Randy Savage is easy to time with Torpedo to create a bitchin unblockable. She hulk is on anchor for this reason even though when I played her before on various teams she was point.

Who should I add to this team in your opinion since I want to roll Thor on point and She-Hulk on anchor. For battery I could try Haggar and get high health high damage with lariat coverage on guys or maybe MODOK...or hell maybe anyone.

Too excited over creating my first really easy to time unblockable ( the rest are too damned tricky or well known by now)

Thoughts?

Choose someone with an assist that doesn't hit people, but still locks them down. MODOK, Trish, Magneto are good choices, as is Deadpool. All of them take advantage of the She Hulk Assist as well. Anything that sits out in front of the opponent and makes them less likely to want to move is what you're going to want, because you can do your tick throw mixup without blockstun fucking things up. Deadpool's air guns in particular are good because people are going to start jumping after you hit them with this setup once or twice. Never forget that unblockables are a gimmick.

Dahbomb

Spider Man UWT 100% Wesker edition

Yeah I have known about this set up for quite some time now, but it's supposedly escapable by some cast members (ie. Sentinel with Hard Drive).

Still this is a very powerful set up and can kill anyone upto Wesker using just 1 meter and if you tag in a Maximum Spider to the end of the combo you can kill She Hulk/Thor with it too.

For those wondering how to do it, it's just BnB, OTG with Wesker's gun (or Deadpool's Katanarama) with L version of Web Shot into UWT. UWT by itself does unscaled 300,000 damage.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Spider Man UWT 100% Wesker edition

Yeah I have known about this set up for quite some time now, but it's supposedly escapable by some cast members (ie. Sentinel with Hard Drive).

Still this is a very powerful set up and can kill anyone upto Wesker using just 1 meter and if you tag in a Maximum Spider to the end of the combo you can kill She Hulk/Thor with it too.

For those wondering how to do it, it's just BnB, OTG with Wesker's gun (or Deadpool's Katanarama) with L version of Web Shot into UWT. UWT by itself does unscaled 300,000 damage.

That was the point of my spiderman/hulk/wesker team. Thing is spidey's mobility is so awkward, and even when I'd get in with a j.S he has this small ass limbs that'd whiff.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I just learned a new term from the Southern Impact Grand Finals stream: RAN.

Guess the majority of you guys are familiar, but I was choking on my cereal hearing the commentators refer to the likes of Ryu, Captain America, Chris and Haggar as RANs...

For those of you not in the know, and for the sake of good manners, let's elaborate on this term as Regular-Ass Guys.

I suck at Marvel, but god damn I love the community!

Dahbomb

JWong really made Spidey's mobility work, he was opening people up and was using the Iron Man Beam assist to get in.

I have the same problems, even when I get the opening I would wiff the combo because of hit box issues.

My latest waste of time: moves that whiff/hit on characters of varying height
Are you going to go through all the normals, too? If so, intense!

IIRC there was a podcast before launch that even mentioned character tweaking was happening up to the last moment, such as a bunch of adjustments to Thor. Wholly believable that they would have reconsidered Sentinel over the *months* that they were still holding event tournaments and internal QA... I mean come on.
You're right, it's just a coincidence that in all that time spent balance testing up to the release of the game, Sentinel's health was the only balance change they found necessary, and by a 30% drop, and it just happens to coincide with the most complained about character in the game.

I'm the conspiracy theorist though, right?

Oh, the flipside of the situation is that Capcom has turned into a complete black hole after the game shipped. That's no good either.

To be fair, it's a company and their marketing and PR staff have to go to work planning the next hype festival down the road. (Like Captivate.) But the degree to which they "shipped it and forgot it" was pretty conspicuous.
I'll hold off until Captivate to judge. It would make sense for them to hold all their goodies for their big event to increase the number of spectators. There has been the bug patch already, and Capcom has said they are aware of our concerns about the matchmaking system, so it hasn't been all dark and silent.

Fuck man... I am rehearsing Doom combos in my head in real life. :/

DAT MAHVEL CRACK!
Erm, don't we all do this all day? I thought that was normal!

I got matched with this guy beat him twice in player match and then he send me a message saying "Get a life"

We get matched again he beats me once and he says "PWNED, YOU SALTY NOW" and leaves. I never trashed talked or anything i just sent him a message saying "GG"

Why even act like that? People act like babies online. Call me a loser without a life because i beat you in two matches and then trash talk me when you win one match and then leave?
XBL? My PSN experiences are pretty good. Last night I played a guy for 3 matches, and he stomped me the first two and I stomped him the third, then I left because I realized it was past 10PM and I need sleep for work. I started typing him a message apologizing for skipping out after a win (I feel this is poor sportsmanship), only to find out he already messaged me "GGs, we should play again sometime".

Most of my messages from people are usually in pretty good spirits. The people I face off evenly with tend to wish me GGs and want to play in the future, the people I slaughter tend to compliment my play, and the people that slaughter me usually don't say anything.

In other news, just dropped nearly $500 in production equipment and other things for a future episode of The Online Warrior. Really hope it's well received when all's said and done.
I watch all of your episodes just for the gameplay - sound is always off. Keep them semi-short; the length of Marvelous Adventures deters me from watching it.

I wish Dormmamu could stock spells and use Liberation in the air. His runaway game would be so godlike.
While this would be awesome, I would be just be happy with aerial Dark Hole not making him defenseless for his entire trip down, and for him having some way to hitconfirm on crouching characters.

kirblar

Capcom really needs to get someone like Seth on point for Patch changes and stuff to help communicate what the devs are thinking to the players. The black hole of communication isn't helping anyone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kirblar said:
Capcom really needs to get someone like Seth on point for Patch changes and stuff to help communicate what the devs are thinking to the players. The black hole of communication isn't helping anyone.
Seth is underused by Capcom. He is a good voice of reason when he's not in marketing mode.

It's not like a fucking bullet pointed list of changes would've been hard to do if they actually have an internal changelog. Capcom still can't get online right in 2011, goddamnit.

Axis

i know i ask in here a lot and it's probably annoying but hey, i like playing.

anyone wanna play? GT: vexco

east coast/midwest preferable...i really hate lag :(

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
God's Beard, what ground combo leading into an air combo would you recommend for Dante? Right now I'm doing the standard L-> M-> H-> S, but Dante has so many moves I know I can improve it.

EDIT: Added you Axis. I can't play right now, but I'll hit you up the next time I'm on.

This game has really clicked for me after going from stick to pad. Wavedashing on pad is really hard for me, but otherwise, i'm better with it.

I've also found that when you're searching matches on Ranked, if you change "Language" from "Any" to "English" your searches go faster and connect to other players more.

Ferrio said:
That was the point of my spiderman/hulk/wesker team. Thing is spidey's mobility is so awkward, and even when I'd get in with a j.S he has this small ass limbs that'd whiff.

YOU BETTER BE SCARED!! I CAN PULL OFF VIPER COMBOS... 50% of the time.

FEAR ME.

Dahbomb

A Human Becoming said:
God's Beard, what ground combo leading into an air combo would you recommend for Dante? Right now I'm doing the standard L-> M-> H-> S, but Dante has so many moves I know I can improve it.

EDIT: Added you Axis. I can't play right now, but I'll hit you up the next time I'm on.
LOL that depends on your execution barrier.

Start Bold cancelling that Volcano move (DP+M). Right now I have been trying to master ground series -> Volcano -> Bold cancel -> j. MM Air Guitar Play M, air dash M Killer Bee, Devil Trigger on landing, S into air combo of choice. I like to do Air Raid if I want to go for pure damage. You can probably do Vortex in the corner into double jump -> S which leads to Dante's trademark OTG crazyness (Cold Shower, Volcano -> Beehive, Reverb Shock -> Fireworks). Bold cancel is S + any attack button.

Dante has insane reset game too, I haven't even begun to start on that shit yet. Dante's Bold cancelling means that he is going to be mixing you up all day long with specials and cancelling shit into shit. He can even Teleport after his launcher, which has a weird input to it because you are cancelling the Jump (it's d,d u+S to Teleport after the launcher) but if you do it you can open up to some real combos. Then of course the Stinger into Grapple into DHC Trick.

Or you can go for the easy mode day 1 Dante combo (regular ground series, launcher, M, M, Killer Bee, relauncher, M, Sky Dance into Hyper or if you are near corner you can do Reverb Shock into Fireworks then Hyper). It's not bad at all, does decent damage and you can easily link to his hyper and make adjustments to it if you need. You just will not get respect for using it.

Christ, I only just remembered Wesker has a command grab. This means if your opponent manages to guess right on a tatsu/beam with telepot 50/50 for 70% damage you immediately get another 50/50 mix-up with the command grab for around 50% damage. Also if either hit you'll carry your opponent to the wall, and Wesker can still port behind them at that point.

So good.

dankir

Can anybody point me to where I read about Magneto's MvC3 "ROM" combo and / or it's variations?

Want to pick him up as a lead character.

Thanks

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
YOU BETTER BE SCARED!! I CAN PULL OFF VIPER COMBOS... 50% of the time.

FEAR ME.

Then you must face my new troll team! Arthur/Task/Dante!

I'm sure viper would eat arthur alive.

shaowebb

Thor/Magneto/She-hulk team works out so well. I occasionally swap mag for Deadpool and it works good too God's Beard.

Thanks for this. Ya wanna know the best part? So far no one's ammy can deal with this team. After the first one or two unblockables into combos with Thor (my combos are small but getting good enough damage till I get them practiced enough to last) they start jumping into my beams as I'm flying around.

No one seems able to get in with ammy now. Closest they got was using the whip weapon since it can pin you at half screen, but they couldn't turn it into anything. I eventually had someone using ammy on cold star for anchor and it turned into an anchor fight but Ammy vs She-Hulk is not a good matchup for the dog given she can in and out a lot and all her combos start crouching.

Not certain if this beats my main team of Wolverine/Ryu/Taskmaster but it's looking like with practice it could definitely do it if I get enough time off from school to keep practicing them up together.

Thanks beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom