• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

HK-47 said:
I never get when low or mid tier characters get nerfs. Like why? They were already not that great. What was imba about them?
When has a low/mid tier MVC3 character gotten a nerf? Unless you are talking about some other game. Only one I could think about was the Captain America infinite although removing that doesn't make much of a difference in his tier ratings.

Marvelous

I gave this game another shot and I couldn't hit up any of my Doom combos online because of the lag. :(
No idea why I thought things would be different this time, lol.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dahbomb said:
When has a low/mid tier MVC3 character gotten a nerf? Unless you are talking about some other game. Only one I could think about was the Captain America infinite although removing that doesn't make much of a difference in his tier ratings.

Im talking about the general way they have done things for SF.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Next episode of MVC3: The Online Warrior coming soon...sneak peek below

hghdeadpoolbth7.gif

Hey guys, is anyone in GAF going to NCR this weekend? I just move out here to San Francisco and I don't have access to my own car yet. If anyone from the area is heading out there and willing to pick up a hitchhiker, PM me and maybe we can arrange something. (I'll buy lunch, or pay for a game entrance fee.)
I don't live in California, but if you look anything like your avatar, I would totally let you come with me if I were going.

I am no Marvel player, but watching Revelations makes me wonder why ANYONE has Amaterasu on their team. Every person outside of ChrisG got their Ammy blown up almost immediately, and it was almost useless against Tokido. Ammy was really only good for her Slow Hyper, outside of that...

It was just really frustrating to watch. I thought the American scene was better. Combofiend seems to be the only one to be on point. Wong was embarrassing to watch once Tokido figured him out. It was obvious that Wong's Tron was solely there for the assist.

Just... ugh. Hopefully those matches woke up the American scene.
The game is only a few months old. People seem to forget this quite frequently. Amaterasu is amazing.

Justin Wong played excellently but his Ammy/Tron were way out of practice. He effectively came up with a counter team to Tokido's and took him for a ride including one perfect. Once Tokido figured out that J Wong's team was hella front loaded, he turned the momentum.
A lot of teams are becoming more and more front-loaded...

Anyone play Seth K's shadow mode? It has a 20 star difficulty and uses Dante/C Viper/Sentinel (all on Alpha assists).
I think it's odd that he uses that team in his Shadow, because he said he mained Thor/Skrull/Sentinel at release, and I know he hasn't been playing frequently since.

Very very few people use ammy 100% She's sorta like dante actually, strong basics that get people through. But the people that master her all the way are fucking amazing.
+1

I should doodle some of there for other stuff sometime. Tron's junk and Sentinel stuff would be fun to do.
Will you take requests? I have an image I've been wanting to post for some time.

You don't use Phoenix if you happen to have a Phoenix team. There has to be a full plan behind it and the teammates are just as essential. You can't just throw in Phoenix with 2 good characters and be like "I am good to go".
Competitive consensus disagrees with you.

I am fucking hyped for NorCal Regionals. Can't wait for the inevitable Justin Wong vs Daigo SHOWDOWN in MVC3. :D
Ditto. My wife is visiting her family this weekend, so I'm going to stream it all day.

I never get when low or mid tier characters get nerfs. Like why? They were already not that great. What was imba about them?
IDK, developers tend to get enclosed in their own world. I remember when I played World of Warcraft, people bitched about how ridiculous Warriors were in PvP for a long time. When it was discovered that the head developer for WoW played a PvP Warrior, the forums exploded. Developers main characters too. As a Dormammu player, I laugh at a lot of characters that others think are ridiculously hard to fight against. How I would balance this game is completely different from how, say, a Chris player might.

I gave this game another shot and I couldn't hit up any of my Doom combos online because of the lag. :(
No idea why I thought things would be different this time, lol.
I do Doom relaunches all the time online; they're really not that precise. You just have to find people to play within your region.

ROFL, nice!

Damn, Iron Man's startup on that must be slow as molasses.

(not that I'd know cause no one plays him lol)
The beam comes out slow for a beam, but the gun comes in at 3 frames and has a hitbox, making it the fastest hyper in the game at close ranges.

Karsticles said:
I think it's odd that he uses that team in his Shadow, because he said he mained Thor/Skrull/Sentinel at release, and I know he hasn't been playing frequently since.

He didn't main Thor, he just wanted to prove that he's a good character, but for some reason or another he was never able to release his Thor tutorial video.

Dahbomb

IDK, developers tend to get enclosed in their own world. I remember when I played World of Warcraft, people bitched about how ridiculous Warriors were in PvP for a long time. When it was discovered that the head developer for WoW played a PvP Warrior, the forums exploded. Developers main characters too. As a Dormammu player, I laugh at a lot of characters that others think are ridiculously hard to fight against. How I would balance this game is completely different from how, say, a Chris player might.
That's a good point. I guess there are A LOT of Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix players in Capcom's dev team. :D Seriously though Capcom REALLY loves Dante to give him all that.

Damn, Iron Man's startup on that must be slow as molasses.

(not that I'd know cause no one plays him lol)
The beam part has slow start up (unless you DHC or THC it in which case it comes pretty much instant) but at close range when the Proton Cannon comes down the opponent can actually be hit by the Cannon because it has a hit box (it's 3 frame). Proton Cannon oddly enough is a great anti-air punisher at close range.

I wonder if that could've set off the counter... I am away from my PS3 so I can't test stuff in the lab for quite some time.

Dahbomb said:
You forgot the She Hulk bandwagon.

Here is the compiled list of Winners/Runner Ups teams for all majors in MVC3:

Winter Brawl: W - She Hulk/Amaterasu/Tron Bonne
R - Magneto/Haggar/Sentinel

Final Round: W - She Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer
R - She Hulk/Amaterasu/Tron Bonne

PowerUp: W - She Hulk/Dante/Dormammu
R - Dormammu/Sentinel/Dr Doom

UFGT: W - She Hulk/Wolverine/Akuma
R - Magneto/Wolverine/Sentinel

CEO: W - Wolverine/Sentinel/Phoenix
R - Wolverine/Amaterasu/Tron

Revelations: W - Wesker/Iron Man/Phoenix
R - Dormammu/Magneto/Phoenix

this list doesn't make any sense. that isn't an example of she hulk bandwagoning, that is an example of Justin Wong playing She-Hulk a lot. how can you possibly think this is even remotely real evidence?

Grecco

bangbang i'm a timpani said:
this list doesn't make any sense. that isn't an example of she hulk bandwagoning, that is an example of Justin Wong playing She-Hulk a lot. how can you possibly think this is even remotely real evidence?

He means that people (Johny Pot Monster, other pros) jumped on the She Hulk bandwagon after both Justin and Combofiend got to the finals with She Hulk, not that Justin got on a She Hulk band wagon.

The reality is when a character does well the forums, other players, johny stream monster and pot monster talk about how they will use the character, which is what we were saying. That people saying "EVERYONE WILL USE PHOENIX NAO" need to chill.

A Non Phoenix team will win NCR this weekend bank on it.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
the funny thing is, i swear im the only She Hulk online.

She's only easy to use with Tron assist :p

I use her too! She-Hulk / Task / Akuma FTW. You're right though I rarely encounter other people using her online.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Tokido on his blog:
My strategy for this tournament worked well.
Player will make countermeasure against this strategy.(屮゚Д゚)屮
But I have two more secret which I don't use in this tournament,
I gonna show it in EVO 2011 (゚∀゚)

Dahbomb

HiResDes said:
Man I learned so much watching CEO, my Justin/Tokkido hybrid Wolverine/Tron/Sent team really has benefited...I'm so hyped
That team is totally front loaded. You are semi-fucked when you lose Wolverine. Tron is sort of better with Sentinel drone assist but that team is basically Wolverine with 2 good assists.

Anyone know where I can find the matches that were between top 16 Day 2 and top 8 of Day 3 for MVC3. There are like 8 parts to the Team Spooky archives, anyone wanna narrow it down for me? Like where MarlinPie/FlashMetroid get eliminated.

Tokido with dat secret MVC3 tech. USA put on NOTICE.

Chavelo

Aruarian Reflection said:
Tokido on his blog:

Calling it: M.O.D.O.K. and Hsien-Ko are gonna be blowing up the Mahvel players. :3

Grecco

Dahbomb said:
That team is totally front loaded. You are semi-fucked when you lose Wolverine. Tron is sort of better with Sentinel drone assist but that team is basically Wolverine with 2 good assists.

Anyone know where I can find the matches that were between top 16 Day 2 and top 8 of Day 3 for MVC3. There are like 8 parts to the Team Spooky archives, anyone wanna narrow it down for me? Like where MarlinPie/FlashMetroid get eliminated.

Top 16 Marvel wasnt shown because they took too long with other tourneys. Sucks cause i wanted to see more of Marns new zero tech

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I need help please. I need to know how to do the Air Combo Counter. My cousin mashes buttons and fucks up my air combos all the time. I don't want to mash though.

Tashi0106 said:
I need help please. I need to know how to do the Air Combo Counter. My cousin mashes buttons and fucks up my air combos all the time. I don't want to mash though.
team aerial counter? spin the stick around and mash S. 50% chance I if I'm not mistaken

Chavelo

_dementia said:
team aerial counter? spin the stick around and mash S. 50% chance I if I'm not mistaken

Hmmm, wouldn't it be 33%? Up, Forward and Down are ways your opponent can send you, if I'm not mistaken.

But yeah... You're gonna have to spin the stick around and mash that S. Mahvel encourages mashing, tho. Not mashing for combos, but for stuff like this and when supers are being done (I think you get a damage bonus if you mash buttons during beam supers like iron man or ryu... unless that was only on MVC2).

Chavelo said:
Hmmm, wouldn't it be 33%? Up, Forward and Down are ways your opponent can send you, if I'm not mistaken.

But yeah... You're gonna have to spin the stick around and mash that S. Mahvel encourages mashing, tho. Not mashing for combos, but for stuff like this and when supers are being done (I think you get a damage bonus if you mash buttons during beam supers like iron man or ryu... unless that was only on MVC2).
Sorry, I thought I had heard up and down could be countered together. I guess I was mistaken.

He didn't main Thor, he just wanted to prove that he's a good character, but for some reason or another he was never able to release his Thor tutorial video.
I'm not talking about the video with Li Joe. Seth, in an interview, said that his main team is Thor/Skrull/Sentinel.

That's a good point. I guess there are A LOT of Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix players in Capcom's dev team. :D Seriously though Capcom REALLY loves Dante to give him all that.
Indeed. I mean, it's not intentional, but when you love a character, you just tend to want to give them cooler stuff.

Then there are the haters who nerfed Dormammu from his pre-release build in a variety of ways. I want to know who they are...

the funny thing is, i swear im the only She Hulk online.

She's only easy to use with Tron assist :p
There are a few She-Hulk mains on GFAQs.

Lewl @ him being Justin Wong with his alt team.

There is a 15-frame window to input a Team Aerial Counter. You only get one input. It does not matter how hard you mash, only the first input registers. So, your cousin is just making himself look stupid, it's not actually helping him.

That's just MvC2.

Chavelo

Karsticles said:
That's just MvC2.

In my heart, I think I do 50% more damage, thank you very much... Now I'm gonna play some Mario Kart. BYE.

/plays and moves his controller left/right when doing a turn.

kirblar

There are most definitely mashable throws and supers in this game - Haggar's punches and Hulk's command grab are two of them.

edit- beaten!

Man, the game is evolving faster than we expected it to! Can't wait to see some Daigo technology this weekend!

The Chis G VS Justin Wong match was fucking HYPE!! Tokido leveled up A LOT. I wonder what his two secrets are?

EVO IS GOING TO BE BALLER!

MvC3 still retains some of those vestiges.
Haggar's super and Hulk's command grab for example, benefit from mashing during the animation. You get more damage.
There are most definitely mashable throws and supers in this game - Haggar's punches and Hulk's command grab are two of them.

edit- beaten!
I didn't say MvC3 has none of that; I'm aware of all of the above. He asked about beam hypers though, and that's what I responded about.

AFAIK, Haggar's is the only hyper that gets more damage, and it's more of a choice of options you have than anything else. You don't always want the "more hits" version due to hitstun decay.

In my heart, I think I do 50% more damage, thank you very much... Now I'm gonna play some Mario Kart. BYE.

/plays and moves his controller left/right when doing a turn.
My mom jumps every time her character does in Mario. -_-

Chavelo

Karsticles said:
My mom jumps every time her character does in Mario. -_-

Nintendo in 1989 - What the hell is wrong with people that do that?
Nintendo in 2005 - SO BEAUTIFUL! Iwata! GET ON THIS ASAP!

Dahbomb

Tashi0106 said:
Pro tip. If someone is mashing aerial exchange then just hold forward and mash S. It will work for sure.

Calling it: M.O.D.O.K. and Hsien-Ko are gonna be blowing up the Mahvel players. :3
Daigo has a secret MODOK team. MODOK/Jill/Taskmaster.

Doubtful about Hsien Ko lulz unless it's as an assist character.

Azure J

LeMaximilian said:

hghdeadpoolbth7.gif

Oh God, this is easily the most amazing shit ever. :lol

I need to start saving a bunch of these Marvel gifs soon.

Ferrio

Banned
_dementia said:
MvC3 still retains some of those vestiges.
Haggar's super and Hulk's command grab for example, benefit from mashing during the animation. You get more damage.

You can mash Tron's drill too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom