• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Grecco said:
So yeah. I replaced the square gate with an octo gate on my te stick. Awesome but now its kinda too sensitive.

For instance when i tried Taskmasters last mission, its Crouching L Crouching M Crouching H Spidey Swing

well i do H Aim Master instead of the spidey swing :(
Let go of the stick then press forward?

Alucrid

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Let go of the stick then press forward?
Pretty much. Let it go back to neutral and then go forward. It's not the trickiest one since there's a lot of lee way with the timing needed.

As for blocking...I fucking suck. Mix some lows and highs and in a second I'm in a combo. :\ Of course in the heat of the moment I forget about advanced guard.

rager

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
The most important thing in this game is blocking, once you learn that watch the patterns and punish the mistakes badly. That's really how you become good at this game... spamming will kill you against a seasoned player.

I see, I need to work on that, in my mind I am blocking like street fighter and he still gets in me and i am like wtf I blocked. I going to work on that. I would like to spar with some good players so I can improve. My friend is pissing me off because he is acting like he is soo good but I know he sucks and is just spamming attacks, if I could block well I know I could beat him, he doesnt even know all the moves.

rager

Banned
kirblar said:
Just got a Saturn Pad, and it is so nice to be able to to SRK motions again. Thanks for the recommendation, thread!

I just got one too, I got so tired of being owned because I could not get the motions right on the DS3. I have a stick but I prefer to play this game on the pad for some reason.

TheFatOne

I want to buy and arcade stick for the PS3, and I have about $100 to spend. What would be the best arcade stick to buy for that price?

dankir

TheFatOne said:
I want to buy and arcade stick for the PS3, and I have about $100 to spend. What would be the best arcade stick to buy for that price?

Save up 40 - 50 bucks more and buy a Madcatz TE Stick totally worth it :)

dankir

BigJonsson said:
Usually I can do mission 5 and then can't get 6+

Ah so where the actual combo's begin lol. Practice practice practice.

Eventually you'll be landing the combos without even thinking about it.

ReiGun

Okay that little streaming experiment went well. Got a few more things to learn though.

Also, this game leaves me so salty. Can't wait for spring break so I can hit the lab hard.

Glix

TheFatOne said:
I would love to, but I don't want to spend 150 on a stick. Would this be a good stick?

Yes (I have an HRAP EX for my 360 and I LOVE it), you may want to look into changing out the buttons at some point, as I think they are just the crappy stock ones, but it has a real Sanawa stick.

someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Glix said:
Yes (I have an HRAP EX for my 360 and I LOVE it), you may want to look into changing out the buttons at some point, as I think they are just the crappy stock ones, but it has a real Sanawa stick.

no, you're right on the money

Boen

Neo Member
LeMaximilian said:
Won 5 lost 2. I believe I tied for top 16? Not entirely sure. Beat Valle and HustlerBrian during the run. Had a blast and played a truck load of casuals. Hardly ever lost during those, was building quite the crowd haha. I don't do well at tournaments as I never go to them usually. But last night was so much fun.

Wanted to play you last night but didn't get a chance to cause I was pretty upset after Floe wrecked me w/ his Mag/Sent/Haggar team on stream :(

TheFatOne

_dementia said:
Yeah that stick is great. Lever is the same kind of JLF deal you'll find in a TE but the buttons are way crappier.

Prototype-03 said:
That's a good solid stick

Thanks for the help.

Glix said:

Yea this was my plan. What is the go to website for buttons, etc.. for fight sticks?

Korosenai

What is everyone elses opinion on Zero? I just tried him out today and was messing around with him and I love him as a point character.

Ferrio

Banned
NubInaTub said:
What is everyone elses opinion on Zero? I just tried him out today and was messing around with him and I love him as a point character.

Extremely frail, but he's a pain in the ass to fight especially online. So happy when i land a hit on him before he does on me.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm messing around with XF3 Astral Vision combos for Morrigan.

Standing HHHHHHH does 710400 damage. lol.

NubInaTub said:
Low damage, low stamina, great mix-up and reset ability when paired with the right assist. Pretty solid overall I think.

TheFatOne said:
Thanks for the help.

Yea this was my plan. What is the go to website for buttons, etc.. for fight sticks?
lizardlick.com
focusattack.com

Both are good, reputable sources I've ordered from in the past.

NubInaTub said:

On top of what everyone else has contributed, Zero also has Guile Handcuffs v2.0.

Mit-

Grecco said:
So yeah. I replaced the square gate with an octo gate on my te stick. Awesome but now its kinda too sensitive.

For instance when i tried Taskmasters last mission, its Crouching L Crouching M Crouching H Spidey Swing

well i do H Aim Master instead of the spidey swing :(
A big part of this game's combos is learning how to return the stick to neutral in order to prevent stuff like that from happening. Add in a step to your thinking process and let the stick spring back to neutral, then hit forward and H. Don't go straight from down to forward, you'll quarter circle almost every time (regardless of the gate on your stick).

Boen

Neo Member
LeMaximilian said:
Dargh! I'll be there next week fo'sho.

Not sure if I can make it next week since my ride can't go for sure. I'll ask clock later if he wants to carpool I guess. It's pretty upsetting losing to someone random in winners and playing so many matches in losers just to get a little shy of top 3 :/

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
TheFightingFish said:
Nice! Were you streamed any more? Your team was pretty fun to watch, plus I'm always looking for more Doom tricks.

I beat Floe earlier one game, then he switched to Magneto and completely rocked me. I also have barely any experience against good Magnetos /GLARE HAUNTS

Also, I hadn't been to a big social/tournament gather for a game in years, so I was rather brutally nervous and thought going in that I'd just get bodied by everyone. What's funny is after playing so many Sentinels online, I find it pretty easy to block his stuff while offline now, haha.

I'm gonna try to see if I can get a file of the whole stream and cut out the segments I played for my YT page later.

TheFatOne said:
Just ordered the Real Arcade Pro. 3 Fighting Stick. What buttons should I buy to replace the stock ones, and where can I buy them? Also is there a good beginners guide to sticks? Sorry for asking so many questions and thanks for the help. I'm so excited I should get the stick on Saturday, and I should have all day to train.

Um, here you go:

_dementia said:
http://www.lizardlick.com/
http://focusattack.com/

Both are good, reputable sources I've ordered from in the past.

Glix

TheFatOne said:
Just ordered the Real Arcade Pro. 3 Fighting Stick. What buttons should I buy to replace the stock ones, and where can I buy them? Also is there a good beginners guide to sticks? Sorry for asking so many questions and thanks for the help. I'm so excited I should get the stick on Saturday, and I should have all day to train.

Just something, that while having already been said, cannot be said enough...

I got a stick right around when ST came out. It was my first stick after years and years of playing Alpha and MVC2 on pads...

It will make you a lot worse at first. You will not be able to do things that you usually do with ease. Its a crappy feeling, and then you start worrying that you blew 100+ bucks on something you will never use.

My advice: STICK (haha, see what I did there) with it!!! After a week or two of serious play, it will start to feel natural. I adore my stick, and now, if I try and play with a pad, it just feels wrong.

After a few months of serious training, I am now able to do things with the stick, that I was not able to do consistently with a pad!

TheFatOne

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Um, here you go:

lol I forgot about that post I bookmarked the sites to. I'm just to damn excited right now.

Glix said:
Just something, that while having already been said, cannot be said enough...

I got a stick right around when ST came out. It was my first stick after years and years of playing Alpha and MVC2 on pads...

It will make you a lot worse at first. You will not be able to do things that you usually do with ease. Its a crappy feeling, and then you start worrying that you blew 100+ bucks on something you will never use.

My advice: STICK (haha, see what I did there) with it!!! After a week or two of serious play, it will start to feel natural. I adore my stick, and now, if I try and play with a pad, it just feels wrong.

After a few months of serious training, I am now able to do things with the stick, that I was not able to do consistently with a pad!

Yea I'm not too worried about sucking since I'm not very good in the first place lol.

TheFatOne said:
lol I forgot about that post I bookmarked the sites to. I'm just to damn excited right now.

Gotcha'. I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago. The only 'modification' (using a SF4 SE Fightstick) I've made thus far was installing a octo-gate I purchased from lizardlick. I plan on buying better push buttons and joystick further down the line/at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom