• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's up with his shirt?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, I didn't notice either. Anyways:

disney_vs_capcom_by_c_clancy-d3b78lm.jpg

You will never have Disney Vs. Capcom.

Azure J

The only crossovers with MAHVEL level potential in my mind are Nintendo vs. Capcom, Sega vs. Capcom, and Shonen Jump vs. Capcom anyways. :p

I am also now reminded of the silly Hanna-Barbera vs Capcom my friend thought up after TvC came about. XD

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
vocab said:
Gootecks seriously just lost to some guy who is 2-69. LOL
I'm sure it was stat bugged... he was way too good for a 2-69

Cels

AzureJericho said:
The only crossovers with MAHVEL level potential in my mind are Nintendo vs. Capcom, Sega vs. Capcom, and Shonen Jump vs. Capcom anyways. :p

I am also now reminded of the silly Hanna-Barbera vs Capcom my friend thought up after TvC came about. XD

we already have
Scooby Doo team in the game

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
enzo_gt said:
Wow, I didn't notice either. Anyways:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/067/b/c/disney_vs_capcom_by_c_clancy-d3b78lm.jpg[IMG]

[SPOILER]You will never have Disney Vs. Capcom.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Turk is so damn overpowered.

noneofexion said:

DF said:
The implementation of v-sync sees tearing completely removed from the experience, but it comes at a cost. On 360, the framebuffer flips mid-refresh, resulting in screen-tear, but it does ensure that the latest action to be processed internally is displayed as quickly as possible. With PS3, the game waits until the refresh is complete before updating the screen, resulting in the game effectively stalling in the mean time.

360 version = tournament version then. Good job Evo!

schennmu said:
360 version = tournament version then. Good job Evo!
In the past the Cannons and Mr. Wizard said if there is enough support for a system swap and guests provide enough consoles they'd be okay with that. I wonder if they'll honor that this year.

_dementia said:
In the past the Cannons and Mr. Wizard said if there is enough support for a system swap and guests provide enough consoles they'd be okay with that. I wonder if they'll honor that this year.

Yep, Keits complained about the PS3 version at WB as well. But that was probably more because of him lacking skill.

I'm interested in learning Doom.
Dante's a staple in my team...

Wonder who I should pair them with out of the other characters I'm decent with:
Morrigan | Akuma | Doramammu

Also open to learning a second new character... originally I was trying to learn Wesker for use with the Sentinel drones (like Wolvie players do with berserker slash).

Anyway, suggestions welcome.

_dementia said:

You mean provide as in bring a set up and take it back home? If so that seems kind of complicated for a tournament as big as EVO. Wiz also said that if MS got on board with sponsorship it could happen, or someone buys them 30+ 360's.

vocab

Ferrio said:
No one is that bad in the game and keeps playing.

I beg to differ. I know plenty of people who will keep playing games despite being bad at them no matter how bad they get beat. How is one supposed to get better if they don't keep playing?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
vocab said:
I beg to differ. I know plenty of people who will keep playing games despite being bad at them no matter how bad they get beat. How is one supposed to get better if they don't keep playing?
Count me in here. 10 wins to 28 losses. And I still think the game is one of the greatest ever made. I'm not one who spazzes in frustration if my winning or superiority complex isn't filled. You can still lose and look at the places you can improve.

jdub03

corrosivefrost said:

Also open to learning a second new character... originally I was trying to learn Wesker for use with the Sentinel drones (like Wolvie players do with berserker slash).

My team consist of Wesker/Fellicia/Doom. I use doom because Wesker and felicia can combo off of/ setup some crazy mix-ups with all of dooms assist. I might exchange him for Ammy. I rush down a lot and all three of these characters fit perfectly with that style. I'll still use doom as my bench character since his assist are so good. I'll probably add him back to the main mix when I learn how to get in on people instead of sitting back and spamming his projectiles.

jdub03 said:
My team consist of Wesker/Fellicia/Doom. I use doom because Wesker and felicia can combo off of/ setup some crazy mix-ups with all of dooms assist. I might exchange him for Ammy. I rush down a lot and all three of these characters fit perfectly with that style. I'll still use doom as my bench character since his assist are so good. I'll probably add him back to the main mix when I learn how to get in on people instead of sitting back and spamming his projectiles.

Originally, I was looking for someone to replace Sentinel, who I was choosing mostly for the assist to pair with Wesker's or Dante's teleports. Beam assist was high on the list, but none of the characters with one really appealed to me. For some reason, Doom is now showing up on my radar... so I've got an itch to use Dante | xxxx | Doom... I'm just not really sure who to put in that middle slot... I suppose I could use Sentinel until I got the hang of Doom. If I go with Doom's hidden missle assist (instead of beam), I still need an assist to work off with teleports.

I found Zero to be intriguing, but I don't know that he'd work for me... I tried him a few times and got my ass busted like you wouldn't believe.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
CaptainMintMan said:
Final Round attendant for Marvel, here. I hope I don't get bodied. Q___Q
I'll be there late Friday (like midnight-ish) and all day Saturday.

Skinny 5'8" white guy with short brown hair and glasses. Will probably be wearing a blue Shenmue shirt. Track me down for some casuals!

Degen

corrosivefrost said:

follow your heart

ReiGun

Okay, so I like Phoenix, X-23, Ammy, Chun, Iron Man (fuck his crouching H though. I know it's my shitty execution, but still. Fuck that move), Dormmammu, Deadpool, Spider-man, Cap Am, and Trish. Somewhere in this random gaggle of characters is a team with good synergy that I will main. Somewhere...

Yoshichan

Alucrid said:
Man. Watching The Marvelous Adventures just reminds me how much I love Ross.
!

ReiGun

dralla said:
chun and x-23 work really well together.
Yeah I think so too. It's just the third that I always get stuck on. With these two, far as I could tell, Dorm, Iron Man, Ammy, and Trish all seemed to work well. Gonna test them all out for a while.

jdub03

corrosivefrost said:
Originally, I was looking for someone to replace Sentinel, who I was choosing mostly for the assist to pair with Wesker's or Dante's teleports. Beam assist was high on the list, but none of the characters with one really appealed to me. For some reason, Doom is now showing up on my radar... so I've got an itch to use Dante | xxxx | Doom... I'm just not really sure who to put in that middle slot... I suppose I could use Sentinel until I got the hang of Doom. If I go with Doom's hidden missle assist (instead of beam), I still need an assist to work off with teleports.

I found Zero to be intriguing, but I don't know that he'd work for me... I tried him a few times and got my ass busted like you wouldn't believe.

Wesker can combo nicely off of dooms beam assist. You can call it in after a hard knockdown, dash forward, otg, dash again and combo. His rock assist is also good for teleport shenanigans. I usually call it during a combo then teleport behind them. The assist hits on one side while I combo on the other. I haven't had any success trying to get the rocks to combo off of his otg gun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom