• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
ReiGun said:
Yeah I think so too. It's just the third that I always get stuck on. With these two, far as I could tell, Dorm, Iron Man, Ammy, and Trish all seemed to work well. Gonna test them all out for a while.

X / Tron / Chun is a nice trio. Good team synergy, fun to play.

I will master C.Viper if every tendon in my hands snap. As shitty as my execution is, the combos I construct are so much fun. They just don't stop bouncing :)

Grifter

RiderKairuu said:
Yet ANOTHER reason Im sad that I can't go to PAX :( whats the prize if there's any?
according to my buddy, a medallion saying you took (1st-3rd) at pax. just a chance to get some games in if that's the case but it should be fun.

Playing ranked tonight, I was using my Ammy/Iron Man/Dormaamu team and I managed to get on a 4 win streak. I'm finally managing to get the hang of the game and excited I may get the 5 win achievement. Then my fifth match, I get matched with a fucking Lord with 75 wins and 10 losses who proceeds to wipe the floor with me. I'm a Fighter with 7 total wins. What the fuck, game. What the fuck.

jdub03

God's Beard said:
Trish hopscotch assist + Focus attack in corner: What you gonna do son?

Have you tested Vipers focus attack with akuma tatsu assist? I'm wondering if it gives you enough time to get level 3 focus attack out.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
jdub03 said:
Have you tested Vipers focus attack with akuma tatsu assist? I'm wondering if it gives you enough time to get level 3 focus attack out.

Just use Amaterasu's Cold Star as their next character is coming in. Unblockable if you set it up right. I think Chun Li's Lightning Legs may work too. Not sure about akumas tatsu though...they might be able to push block and jump out or something

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Could really use that replay function. I'll get messages saying how much "like a girl" I played like but I usually can't remember the match.

haunts said:
Just use Amaterasu's Cold Star as their next character is coming in. Unblockable if you set it up right. I think Chun Li's Lightning Legs may work too. Not sure about akumas tatsu though...they might be able to push block and jump out or something

Chun's works, I'm gonna test it on Dante's ice and Dorm's Dark hole too. Trish's is the best though, since she's actually on my team :)

Next week, C.Viper/Trish/Shuma unlocks. I've already thought out a ton of setups and general strategies, as well as DHC synergy :D

C.Viper's assists aren't that good though T_T I wish her hammers hit low and burn kick wasn't an overhead. Then she'd be perfect.

By the way, Tron should have had the H drill as an assist.

jdub03

haunts said:

I'm starting to hate this game, not because I think it sucks but because I keep switching between different characters. Every time I get settled with a team some other character comes along to grab my attention. I need discipline to stay on a team until I can at least get familiar with the game.

Kadey said:
Thanks for that. Just a repost from that thread as well.

I'm one of the guys who helps put on Final Round every year. Been doing it since Final Round 3. We are really excited to have a record number of people coming down to the ATL this year. I hope some of you guys will come join us. We always get it hype. Marvel is going to be VERY interesting this year.

Nobody pull the Zero Happy Meal glitch. That shit ain't cool.

See you guys there.

jdub03 said:
I'm starting to hate this game, not because I think it sucks but because I keep switching between different characters. Every time I get settled with a team some other character comes along to grab my attention. I need discipline to stay on a team until I can at least get familiar with the game.

I have that problem when I play for longer than 5 or so matches. When I was playing with friends, I tried sticking with my main team but I just got bored and started doing random. Switching around is good, though, because you'll find what you can work with. I don't think I would have ever consciously chosen Ammy as my favorite point character when I first started playing, but after screwing around with her I got used to her moves and do pretty well.

Neki

lol, I played someone like 35 times today, it was a good time. We were pretty evenly matched. New team is Zero + Ammy + C.Viper, even though my C.Viper is still useless. But Zero is a beast, too bad he has terrible health, lol.

Semblance

ReiGun said:
Really? Haven't really given Tron a shot, but I'll try her out.

Yeah, X and Tron mesh together very well, actually. I use those two for all my teams. Chun's legs assist is a great tool to annoy with either of them on point too, I actually made a guy ragequit the other day with Tron j.H and lightning legs spam lol.

Tron j.H all day, erryday. Learn it, love it, abuse it. She's awesome.

SoulFist

Any Magneto players have any tips for using him. I just put him in my team of Wolverine and Dante, and am at a loss for what his major gameplan is. I can hit his bread and butter some, but I'm finding that doing it outside of training mode is difficult because of his less then stellar normals. Maybe I'm just not used to him yet. Can any Magneto masters drop knowledge on me.

jdub03

Incendiary said:
I have that problem when I play for longer than 5 or so matches. When I was playing with friends, I tried sticking with my main team but I just got bored and started doing random. Switching around is good, though, because you'll find what you can work with. I don't think I would have ever consciously chosen Ammy as my favorite point character when I first started playing, but after screwing around with her I got used to her moves and do pretty well.

I also find that learning more then 3 characters in the cast helps you when you fight against them. It just takes longer for me to perfect my team. It annoys me sometimes. I think I might add Ammy to my team though. She's a perfect rush down addition to Felicia/Wesker.

Semblance

OK, I finally tried out ClakeyD's X / Tron / Morrigan team.

Goddamnnnnnnn. 23 - 0 win streak tonight. Morrigan + XFC3 + Astral Vision spamming is some funny fucking stuff.

Ferrio

Banned
Starting to get upset at this game, which usually is my descent in stop playing just like all other online fighting games. Lag has always been an issue, especially with my location... but fuck this game really sucks with it

-I can't hit confirm my tron opener, so I eat it a lot of the time if they pushblock me.
-SHehulk is all about resets, but due to lag I don't have enough time to react to how they move after the reset. It becomes just a guessing game
-Teleporters/rushdown characters are maddening. I can't hit confirm a stupid j.H in the lag, how the hell am I suppose to react accordingly to these bastard.
-Dropped combos. Least other people drop them too, so doesn't piss me off as much. But missing an OTG with shehulk then watching myself eat something big is always infuriating.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Stumping on scrubs has never been this fun ;)!

Check list :

-Block : check
-Bate and punish assists : check
-Xfactor and demon super on opponent arrival after defeated char : Check
-Beam punish spamming : check

You really have to level up, but destroying beginners who spam is very easy... even with sentinel ;)!

Lothars

I'm completely dissapointed in myself, I modded my arcade stick to have the octagon gate, which I find is incredible I noticed a difference in being able to pull off moves alot easier now and than started playing online again, I went 4 wins in a row and got promoted to fighter than because it would never find me another match to try to get my achievement, I put it on rank:any and got a guy that had a 130 wins, I didn't do to bad against his team of sentinel, Magneto and Doom, got sentinel down to no health and killed doom but he beat me which is no big deal. I just hate Sentinel and wish he was never included in the game.

I should have been patient and waited because I still need that achievement for 5 wins in a row and I really wish they would fix the multiplayer because I want to play against guys of my own rank but I will get this achievement just drives me crazy that I haven't yet, I am loving the game though and will keep playing, if you guys are wondering the teams I have been using are Akuma, Amaterasu and Wolverine but I switched it out for Skull and sometimes I will use Magneto, I am trying to find a stable team, so far no luck at the moment, anyone have a suggestion for who I could use or any recommendations?

Neki

rofl, Sentinel drones assist is so op. It basically wins me games because I control space so well with Zero and Ammy, the drones synergize so well with them. Too bad I can't use Sentinel worth crap, but his assist is more useful that my C.Viper who can never get in (who ironically would love the drones assist.) I was playing someone on GAF and the drones basically almost let me beat him even though I was getting raped, lol.

edit: also, none of you guys are ever in chat anymore. :(

Morris

Disco Devil
Ultimoo said:
rofl, Sentinel drones assist is so op. It basically wins me games because I control space so well with Zero and Ammy, the drones synergize so well with them. Too bad I can't use Sentinel worth crap, but his assist is more useful that my C.Viper who can never get in (who ironically would love the drones assist.) I was playing someone on GAF and the drones basically almost let me beat him even though I was getting raped, lol.

Floyd here, and yeah, ammy's pressure with sent drones is bs lol. Also you need to use zero's command dashes a lot more combined with ammy's ice assist or sent's drones, I noticed you only use his air normal dash into C, try mixing it up with cmd dash m or h, he's all about dem mixups.

I was trying to learn dormammu tonight, I don't even know his moves so I was playing like shit :(

Neki

Morro! said:
Floyd here, and yeah, ammy's pressure with sent drones is bs lol. Also you need to use zero's command dashes a lot more combined with ammy's ice assist or sent's drones, I noticed you only use his air normal dash into C, try mixing it up with cmd dash m or h, he's all about dem mixups.

I was trying to learn dormammu tonight, I don't even know his moves so I was playing like shit :(

yeah, I just added Zero to my team yesterday after X-23 wasn't really feeling good. My only problem with your team was Dorm, he'd eat everyone alive after one combo, couldn't get past all that crap he throws. Cold star doesn't work as well as drones for mix ups either, so I was having a hard time using them. Hidden missiles is also BS. :O

My cousin may be selling his 360 copy of the game tomorrow and that just makes me feel terrible. Someone we play against regularly decided it would be a good idea to just run away from Phoenix if she has five bars and a bit of health even if there are fifty seconds left in the match.

Now I'm the only one in my circle of friends who plays MvC3. We used to rush and make eight player lobbies for MvC2 just two months ago and we can barely get 1v1 games going now. It really sucks that I'm seeing some improvement while others are just dropping like flies(people who've played thousands of matches if you combine all three entries). This is breaking my heart.

:(
Ultimoo said:

I never really see any new faces on it and most gaffers seem to prefer 1v1 lobbies. It's the same way on the 360 and it definitely makes it so I spend less time on my system.

Cels

SolarPowered said:
My cousin may be selling his 360 copy of the game tomorrow and that just makes me feel terrible. Someone we play against regularly decided it would be a good idea to just run away from Phoenix if she has five bars and a bit of health even if there are fifty seconds left in the match.

Wait a second. Did your cousin quit b/c of that match where the other player played keep-away for 50s? (roughly a minute and a half in real time)

I'd probably run away too, especially if I was playing someone who was real good at it like Spencer, and if I had a huge vitality advantage.

bardia

Ultimoo said:
yeah, I just added Zero to my team yesterday after X-23 wasn't really feeling good. My only problem with your team was Dorm, he'd eat everyone alive after one combo, couldn't get past all that crap he throws. Cold star doesn't work as well as drones for mix ups either, so I was having a hard time using them. Hidden missiles is also BS. :O

gg's today, I'm still not decided on my team yet, only char I'm 100% on and combo's I know are Wolverines. Been switching in magneto, storm, ammy, akuma, ryu and dante trying to figure out what I want my final team to be

I really hate that most of my posts in this thread are of a negative nature. Most of the praise I shower on the game is used in real life when I'm trying to combat the perception that this game has as being "completely barebones" or "broken".

I just want to let that be known because I'd like to avoid being labelled as a troll or a poster with a slant.
Cels said:
Wait a second. Did your cousin quit b/c of that match where the other player played keep-away for 50s? (roughly a minute and a half in real time)

I'd probably run away too, especially if I was playing someone who was real good at it like Spencer, and if I had a huge vitality advantage.
I believe it was a little less than that, but I can't remember number. I'm not going to be idiotic about it and say that you have to fight no matter what, but something like this could have been avoided with a simple infinite time setting.

The guy who ran out the clock even mentioned yesterday that he hates it and prefers the infinite time setting. I'm not hating on the mechanics of the game like Phoenix or Sentinel, but the lack of options. My cousin and many other people I played with regularly have played all of the entries in the series to death and back(we're not pros or anything) and it says a lot that features are the thing pushing people away from the game as opposed to character quirks.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
SolarPowered said:
Now I'm the only one in my circle of friends who plays MvC3. We used to rush and make eight player lobbies for MvC2 just two months ago and we can barely get 1v1 games going now. It really sucks that I'm seeing some improvement while others are just dropping like flies(people who've played thousands of matches if you combine all three entries). This is breaking my heart.

:(

The problem is a lot of the "bullshit or broken stuff" is very easy to do... well easy for mid level/top level players... a lot of the people who just play for fun are really going to get salty at some of the bullshit other people can do for free. Take X23 3 level super with xfactor unblockable on char arrival or akuma's demon/ x factor on arrival. Some people are just going to get mad salty.

With Mcv2 it was more difficult to use those tactics so unless you were playing some good players you probably would never be on the receiving end...

Personally don't mind it, but I know I lot of low level players will quit because of this.

DarkoMaledictus said:
The problem is a lot of the "bullshit or broken stuff" is very easy to do... well easy for mid level/top level players... a lot of the people who just play for fun are really going to get salty at some of the bullshit other people can do for free. Take X23 3 level super with xfactor unblockable on char arrival or akuma's demon/ x factor on arrival. Some people are just going to get mad salty.

With Mcv2 it was more difficult to use those tactics so unless you were playing some good players you probably would never be on the receiving end...

Personally don't mind it, but I know I lot of low level players will quit because of this.
I guess it is somewhat easier, but it can be avoided if you play well enough. I can see how Capcom's new "everyone is OP" approach could backfire instead.
QisTopTier said:
It's ok, capcom already got their money
Yeah, they definitely got it.

NPD sales for those who are curious...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424071&page=7

noneofexion said:
For those who are interested in subtle conversion differences read below. If you're sensitive to this type of thing, or it upsets you or makes you feel defensive or angry or tingly in a bad way, skip this and be merry.

tl;dr: As has been documented before, both versions are about the same, even more so than the (360 2xAA) vs (PS3 no AA) in SSFIV. Not news in itself, but there are little technical differences between platforms which are noted.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox360-vs-ps3-round-29-face-off?page=2

More about PS3's v-sync versus 360's different frame buffer method in the article (page 1).
Just went back a page and checked this out. It confirms some of the lag problems I've been having when I play on the PS3, but it doesn't answer some of the game breaking lag that lasts 5-10 seconds instead. I assume that my connection with PS3 players is also worse on the PS3 than it is on the 360 and the small lag on the PS3 makes it even worse.

Good find

I hate these missions, my fingers just aren't fast enough to input the moves quick enough =/
You'll get it eventually. Day one, I stumbled at 6-7 with every character. Now I'm at 88%. It just takes some practice.

I want my Vs CPU Mode Capcom!!!

:mad:
1) Training mode.
2) Set Dummy to AI.
3) Turn off lifebar regeneration.
4) Enjoy.

Gootecks seriously just lost to some guy who is 2-69. LOL

No one is that bad in the game and keeps playing.
I actually fought something like a 11-200 last week in ranked and OCVed him with Sentienl. No hatemail, he just went about his business - respect to him for having so much patience.

Awesome. Now I just need to find the schedule so I don't waste time watching SSFIV and Tekken.

Maybe he should stop getting his first two characters bodied in the first 49 seconds and then rejoicing once Dark Phoenix comes out to cover his poor play. Even then, Phoenix is one of the hardest characters to run away from in the game; a good Phoenix will seriously make you pay hard for trying to run, because she has no reason to protect herself if you have Dark Phoenix plus a level 3 X-Factor waiting for you. It's really hard to run from a character who has both tracking fireballs and an opponent-based teleport, plus 3 different traps that cover different angles of the screen. Against a bad Phoenix that relies on filling the screen with feathers and chip damage with level 3 X-Factor, I'll run all day without getting hit though, and my opponent has only himself to blame.

It's ok, capcom already got their money
Yeah, but they still have to combat the used game market - every person who sells their game back to the store is lost profit for Capcom once the late comers decide they want to pick it up.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Karsticles said:
1) Training mode.
2) Set Dummy to AI.
3) Turn off lifebar regeneration.
4) Enjoy.

Im aware of that, but its too cumbersome for my tastes.
I just a want a Vs CPU option.. its not that hard to do.

Incendiary said:
Playing ranked tonight, I was using my Ammy/Iron Man/Dormaamu team and I managed to get on a 4 win streak. I'm finally managing to get the hang of the game and excited I may get the 5 win achievement. Then my fifth match, I get matched with a fucking Lord with 75 wins and 10 losses who proceeds to wipe the floor with me. I'm a Fighter with 7 total wins. What the fuck, game. What the fuck.

Pretty much the same happened to me, fucking matchmaking, fucking Crapcom

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
I wanna pick up doom for the team but for some odd reason getting in for me is the biggest task. <3 hidden missiles assist

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
Am I the only one who is madly in love with She-Hulk's theme, like seriously it's amazing ^_^

Nah, I really love it. I looked it up on Youtube as soon as I heard it on her reveal trailer and added it to my playlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom