• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

_dementia said:
That non-block was suspect as hell to me.
I'm not at all a conspiracy theorist, and I don't want to call that rigged, but still :/

There were a lot of moments in combofiend and justins match that I thought were suspect. Maybe it was nerves, but I thought those two players were past dropping combos because of nerves.

mileS

_dementia said:
That non-block was suspect as hell to me.
I'm not at all a conspiracy theorist, and I don't want to call that rigged, but still :/

I know what you mean but I think Marn was getting ready to move forward and he didn't expect the range. Justin had almost never used that move up until this point but I guess thats largely due to the fact that his Tron hasn't really been tested until that point.

explodet

517918.jpg

All it took was a 1-42 record to pop this trophy. *thumbsup*
I did my laundry while carrying around a DS3 and letting all comers beat the crap out of me.

hitsugi

Owensboro said:
Yup, as did everyone else who probably went to their store and pre-ordered the game.

I mean, it's a nice gesture.... but damn. I'd rather get thrown a DLC code or something.
Think about it the way Capcom would:

Capcom knows you'll buy the DLC, but you probably wont buy (or already have) the guide.. so here it is anyway!

dankir

jdub03 said:
What is that?

You get it for fighting somebody who has this achievement or actually making it to Rank 13. I have yet to fight somebody who has it though. I'm only rank 6 I think or something though.

explodet

Incendiary said:
I can't keep watching videos of good MvC3 players. It just depresses me that I'm at such a horrible level compared to them.
I haven't been watching too many videos, I wanted to try learning the game through experience, but man do players make that tough. Lots of different strategies just wreck me. Chun-Li kicks, Dante teleports, Sentinel neutralizes, Haggar pipes, Akuma X-factors, and one time even Deadpool chimigangas! Not my proudest moment.

Ferrio

Banned
I had one fight, one guy saw my win record.. and said over the mic he wasn't going to fight me.. and just stood there. Come on man.. try atleast!

MrMephistoX

Karsticles said:

It's more than understandable given the chaos in Japan; however, looks like Christian Svenson updated on the thread saying he wasn't aware of any delays.

"I'll check when I get to the office. As of Friday Japan time (where I was in Japan), I wasn't aware of any delays... however you know what happaned Friday so that may or may not be relevant."

Glix

Ferrio said:
I had one fight, one guy saw my win record.. and said over the mic he wasn't going to fight me.. and just stood there. Come on man.. try atleast!

I'm not very good. I beat a 4th rank guy, I took out two of his dudes, and he barely scratched Akuma. He didn't even move his third guy. He was just chillin there.

I tagged Thor in, its so fucking hard to get in with him, I figured I should take advantage! ;p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ferrio said:

Weird. Usually when someone just stands there for me, I know they're about to rage quit, so I try to kill him before he has a chance to.

explodet

When I just stood there, with my record I would hope my opponent knew I was just looking for 1st lords. :D I think most of them got the hint and flattened me.

Ferrio

Banned
Glix said:
I'm not very good. I beat a 4th rank guy, I took out two of his dudes, and he barely scratched Akuma. He didn't even move his third guy. He was just chillin there.

I tagged Thor in, its so fucking hard to get in with him, I figured I should take advantage! ;p

See there's always a chance, especially online. I died to a "Fighter" the other day, and he wasn't good. I just kept doing stupid shit, like getting caught up in akuma's hurricane kicks and ate some xfactor lvl 3 shit.

Neki

Ferrio said:
I wouldn't fight you either to be honest.

webrunner

Does xbox japan not have the same cert process?

I mean presumably if they were going to launch it on us xbox live it'd already have to have been submitted to cert before last week.

Ferrio

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I wouldn't fight you either to be honest.

It's pretty damn easy to beat me. I do very very unsafe shit, and drop stuff a lot.

My she hulk I do slide way too often, and can't react with runners online. So unless tron is there to bail me out, you can smash her up good.

My tron loves to drop combos, when she does that's free damage since she leads herself wide open. Also I'm very predictable with her (j.H all day).

My dorm is absolutely terrible. The only thing I can do with him I catch people with his hyper, get in on him and I fall to pieces.

explodet said:
I haven't been watching too many videos, I wanted to try learning the game through experience, but man do players make that tough. Lots of different strategies just wreck me. Chun-Li kicks, Dante teleports, Sentinel neutralizes, Haggar pipes, Akuma X-factors, and one time even Deadpool chimigangas! Not my proudest moment.

I'm at that strange in-between level, where if fighting game proficiency were compared to puberty, I would just be discovered hairs in strange places on my body. I've gotten it down where I just cruised through all the Rookie/Fighter level people, but now I'm being paired up against Lords who know what they're doing and I just get crushed all the time.

My biggest problem is I just can't link super-long combos. I drop like crazy because I haven't perfected my reaction time. Also I've been trying to get better at blocking, but every time I try to perfect that I get paired with a douche who spams projectiles, so I have to go on offensive and then get creamed. Bleh.

I think I need to just read the strategy guide from cover to cover and practice in training mode more. I really wish I had more time to dedicate to learning everything.

jdub03

dankir said:
You get it for fighting somebody who has this achievement or actually making it to Rank 13. I have yet to fight somebody who has it though. I'm only rank 6 I think or something though.

Is that a level you get by de ranking

Solune

GuardianE said:
I'm working on stepping up my Dante game. Can you cancel the command jump cancel into another move that would otherwise not combo? Kind of like how Viper's and Ibuki's jump cancels worked in SSFIV?

Command jump cancels into Killer Bee in the corner from Stinger(This is one of his missions), or teleport if you're wall bouncing them to the other side with Stinger.

I can't keep watching videos of good MvC3 players. It just depresses me that I'm at such a horrible level compared to them.
I look at it the opposite way: holy crap, if I practice, I can DO that stuff.

I remember when I first learned Blackheart had an infinite. I practiced for an hour a day to get it down, every day, for 2 weeks. Then, it happened. In a real match, I got to pull it off flawlessly until the character was KOed. It feels great when you actually do it for the first time. And then, every time after that, it still feels great.

Yup, it says "rank down match", like it would say "rank up match" when you're about to go up a notch.
How unfortunate...
I now want to inflict such a wound upon another.

I'm working on stepping up my Dante game. Can you cancel the command jump cancel into another move that would otherwise not combo? Kind of like how Viper's and Ibuki's jump cancels worked in SSFIV?
That is the idea, sir.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Solune said:
Command jump cancels into Killer Bee in the corner from Stinger(This is one of his missions), or teleport if you're wall bouncing them to the other side with Stinger.

I did all of Dante's missions and I already forgot apparently. I didn't realize you could cancel the jump into another special, but it makes perfect sense. How hard is the timing on that? I'll try it out when I get home.

I did all of Dante's missions and I already forgot apparently. I didn't realize you could cancel the jump into another special, but it makes perfect sense. How hard is the timing on that? I'll try it out when I get home.
I found the timing to be pretty easy. All of Dante's missions were pretty easy though, IMO. Unlike some.../glare at Amaterasu.

is the DLC delayed in Japan only? or USA too?
Unknown, Sven is looking into it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
I found the timing to be pretty easy. All of Dante's missions were pretty easy though, IMO. Unlike some.../glare at Amaterasu.

Unknown, Sven is looking into it.

That's good. I thought Dante's were pretty easy, too. Ammy is my lowest completion on the missions. I have 9/10 or 10/10 for pretty much every character except Ammy and Sentinel... and Sentinel only because I don't want to use him any more than necessary.

That's good. I thought Dante's were pretty easy, too. Ammy is my lowest completion on the missions. I have 9/10 or 10/10 for pretty much every character except Ammy and Sentinel... and Sentinel only because I don't want to use him any more than necessary.
I'm at 90% right now. I'm not really stuck, just taking it slow. This weekend I tried Spider-man's Mission 10, thought it was real easy, and then did 9 and 8 too before going back to training mode. If I spend too much time in Mission Mode, I start to get irritable or lose focus. I prefer to just do a mission every other day or so. I think I'm on 7 for Amaterasu, which is also my lowers (I think Chun-li is after that, because I always do Spinning Bird Kick whenever I jump-cancel after a low attack, and it irritates the crap out of me). 6 took me way more attempts than it should have. It's also funny how many more 10s are easier than the 7s 8s and 9s.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone know which comics I need to read to learn the origin story for Deadpool?

I watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine a while back, but I get the feeling they didn't stay true to how it really happens.

zlatko

Banned
JackSmithy said:
new mutants 98 and the first run of deadpool 11-20

Thank you. I'm going to read those later today.

I took some time today to try zero, she hulk, and sent. I normally run Zero, Sent, Deadpool, but getting her into the mix is really good since the DHC possibilities no matter who is on point leads to much bigger damage than what I could do with my other team.

I just wish She Hulks run wasn't down down Special. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
OH NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Marvel will be buried among the dead. :(
None of you guys post in here anyways, where is the hype :(

dralla said:
is the DLC delayed in Japan only? or USA too?
We don't know, Capcom hasn't confirmed, but likely Japan for sure, Internationally it's unclear. Capcom hasn't commented yet, they just put the delay up on the Japanese website but the American one says nothing.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
None of you guys post in here anyways, where is the hype :(

We don't know, Capcom hasn't confirmed, but likely Japan for sure, Internationally it's unclear. Capcom hasn't commented yet, they just put the delay up on the Japanese website but the American one says nothing.

too busy watching streams and then occasionally playing the game, obvious.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I've come to realize I'm not good enough to play as Phoenix. I like her move set, but she's too hard to use as a scrub.

Trying to decide my third with Dorm/Dante. Trish is leading and Akuma is coming in a second. I'd like to have a mixed type so I have one of each. I used Storm in MvC2 but her typhoon moves makes you too vulnerable for my taste.

fubarduck

Sixfortyfive said:

I gotta say when you had me down to Felicia v Sentinel in the match you took, I knew I was in trouble. Solo Sentinel just has a lot of trouble against any decent rushdown character. People don't realize how important assists are to make Sent solid.

Whenever I get down to Sentinel with no assists now, I am scared. When I have Storm or Doom by themselves, I'm not . . .

I still think Sentinel is a top 3 or top 4 character for sure due to his overall value on a team, but individually the only way he can win is if you make a horrible mistake (bad assist call, not blocking, or challenging down+M).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom