• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Also dont get in a habit of pushblocking all the time because it adds more frames of recovery :p

That's the joke, also "dont play me" You mean you only have one strat, you cant adapt to a fight and once somone gets around it you get your face slammed into the ground and dragged for like 10 miles tied to the back of a pickup? I LOVE PLAYING PEOPLE LIKE THAT ;D

that's why we play first to one and I win and you lose. :D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
that's why we play first to one and I win and you lose. :D

Yes I'm sure that's why my ranked wins are like 400-20, no I'm not saying ranked means shit or that I'm good, I'm just saying I deal with and beat shit like that all the time already.

On a side note, I wish there was a mvc version of urien that shit would be so fun :O

Axis

just got back from FR not too long ago, didn't know sixfortyfive was gonna be there or i'd have said hi :3

mvc3 was really hype in person and having yipes on the mic on stage doing commentary while the matches were going on was such a great idea...please never put noel brown on the mic again

i didn't enter mvc3 cuz i don't feel like i've played it enough but byron aka kevin bacon(task/sent/doom) repped SC well enough and seeing him actually land the task combo to down arrows hyper and relaunching with the last hit of drones after i'd worked on it with him the night before was fucking great...he's such a good player

congrats sixfortyfive on doing well in your pool

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Yes I'm sure that's why my ranked wins are like 400-20, no I'm not saying ranked means shit or that I'm good, I'm just saying I deal with and beat shit like that all the time already.

On a side note, I wish there was a mvc version of urien that shit would be so fun :O

Fighter > Whatever rank you are. DEAL WITH IT. :O

QisTopTier said:
DONT MAKE ME START POSTING OUR AIM CONVOS :lol

Leave Prototype-03 alone!

leave-britney-alone-02.jpg

Threi

notag
Cerrius said:
Is Ryu as worthless as Keits says he is? :-(

I think I'm going to switch him with Akuma and join the dark side.
Better idea is to use who you have fun with.

I mean you could just switch to whatever characters the player who won the last major was playing like other people, but I don't think that mindset helps as much in MvC3 as it does in something like SSF4.

I don't remember who said it but they had it correct: don't pick your 3 favorite chars, but rather your 1/2 favorite chars and a good assist/backup so they have some support. I think that is the best strategy right now.

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
I'm not even online :lol

Talking about at night! No one responds to my pleas of 1v1!

Though tonight I need to hit the lab alot.

-Need to figure out which shehulk combos leave my opponent in the best position for resets. Extend the combo too much and they recover too high.
-Come up with more tron combos. Try to work up on mixing it up, hard to do with online lag though
-Work on getting Dorm to do something then random hypers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DRE Fei said:
How do you guys feel about Iron Man in this game? I've been using him since release day and I'm just about done. The main problem I have with him is his magic series. Why doesn't he have a normal crouching heavy attack like everyone else? Even when I've managed to get past that awkwardness, his damaging combos also have very strict timing. There just doesn't seem to be much consistency there for me. Now I know why nobody uses him.
I'm still trying to make it work but as far as dealing damage goes, random Unibeams are the only best bet considering his normal magic series has like a 75% chance of failing actually in practice.

Im keeping him on the team in hopes that one day I can figure him out and he'll be functional alongside Skrull and Zero :(

Ferrio said:
Talking about at night! No one responds to my pleas of 1v1!

Though tonight I need to hit the lab alot.

-Need to figure out which shehulk combos leave my opponent in the best position for resets. Extend the combo too much and they recover too high.
-Come up with more tron combos. Try to work up on mixing it up, hard to do with online lag though
-Work on getting Dorm to do something then random hypers.

Real tactic with dorm. Triangle jump, j.l, land, cr.l, cr.M, S, air combo.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:

I usually end up eating something trying that, and he's my anchor so no assists usually to back him up.

Ferrio said:
I usually end up eating something trying that, and he's my anchor so no assists usually to back him up.

He's my anchor too. I make Q rage 'cause it's instant high/low.

edit: Also, his mediums. His mediums have so much range and priority.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
I think you are trying to piss me off, I could be wrong though :lol

Prototype-03 said:
I rage cause of online net code also wack hit boxes :D

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:

edit: Also, his mediums. His mediums have so much range and priority.

So do you go on the offensive with him, or do you play both sides?

Ferrio said:
So do you go on the offensive with him, or do you play both sides?

Both. You play range for people who have good rushdown (Felicia) or rushdown for slower chars. Or you can mix it up and play both (such as going against Task).

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
Both. You play range for people who have good rushdown (Felicia) or rushdown for slower chars. Or you can mix it up and play both (such as going against Task).

Any of the Liberations you particularly use? I see 3 reds, 1 red, 2 blues seem to be the ones people prefer.

Ferrio said:
Any of the Liberations you particularly use? I see 3 reds, 1 red, 2 blues seem to be the ones people prefer.

Those are good. 3 blues are good too 'cause it makes your opponent not able to jump. Actually they're all good.

Prototype-03 said:
Those are good. 3 blues are good too 'cause it makes your opponent not able to jump. Actually they're all good.

I think most people don't see value in the 1 offs. I think the real value starts coming from at least 2 charges, even if it's just 1:1 or 2:0 or 0:2.

Ferrio said:

Power of the destructor (red) X2 is good cause it has insane range and you can f/u with super afterwards.

Power of the creator (blue) X 2 is okay, but sometimes the spike have odd hit boxes and miss inexplicably.

Also, to help the offensive game, you can Super jump, and quickly tri-dash down-forward to use jumping fierce as a cross up setup. Best use when the opponent is locked down with a beam assist. Also with a beam assist (I use Doom)- call assist, teleport behind, then while falling, j. medium, c. light, s. medium, hit confirm into launcher, otherwise, end it with down+forward fierce (flame carpet).

Damn, I'm really missing spectator mode right now. All of the advanced rooms are useless because the only time you can learn anything is limited to matches as opposed to the constant stream of information available to you as a spectator.

I know we've got youtube, guides and the tournaments, but this really eats into the rest of my time...
MMaRsu said:
Many people here above 4th lord?
I am.

In spirit...

SolarPowered said:
Damn, I'm really missing spectator mode right now. All of the advanced rooms are useless because the only time you can learn anything is limited to matches as opposed to the constant stream of information available to you as a spectator.

I know we've got youtube, guides and the tournaments, but this really eats into the rest of my time...

I am.

In spirit...

My lowly ranking ended up back into the Fighter class. :lol

Neki

Whoever put in ranking down is terrible, worst feeling in the world to rank down, LOL. Made me stop playing online till I got better, ha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Incendiary said:
Hey that's me! For now at least, until I get my ass kicked back to Fighter.
HOLY SHIT IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SUCKS AND IS STILL PLAYING THIS GAME? brofist.jpg

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
I'm hearing that if you have the code, you can use it now to get Jill and Shuma-Gorath.
You have no idea how quick I whipped out the CE and put in the code. And then it says it will be emailed to you on the 15th :(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Thor is a slow bitch with no range. I like him but I hate him too.

EDIT - Oh shit, Jill and Shuma are up? Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom