• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a few good matches tonight, but I kept getting horribly punished by Wesker and his silly teleports+S antics.

How do you guys punish teleport spam?

d0c_zaius

_dementia said:
Yay, I got em urley

yup me too

I like Shuma. Its great to see her(?) animated with the new engine. After messing with Jill, I can see some purpose to her design. It should be interesting to see what people come up with.

Mit-

Kind of have to just get better at reacting to Wesker's teleports. Compared to other characters he's really got some of the worst teleports. The only teleports that don't have significant lag upon reappearance, are his ground to air and air to ground teleports. Everything else he stands there for a fairly significant amount of time, waiting for you to hit him.

If the Wesker is doing tons of ground teleports, you can punish it by just mashing jab and you'll auto-turn-around and hit him before he can do anything. If he likes teleporting after gunshots, just know what's coming. A lot of Wesker's practically ONLY teleport after gun, making it way predictable.

If all they do is air to ground teleport, DP him, or just get good at blocking high, then low when he lands. There's usually a good amount of time to stand block when he teleports high.

However, X-Factor Wesker? I don't know. I use Wesker as anchor, and I feel bad whenever I go level 3 X-Factor and win. His teleports are extremely fast and hard to see/punish. Again, if you know it's coming, try and spam a quick move and hit him out of it, although your window to do so is much, much smaller when he's in X-Factor.

Jill and Shuma both have full missions, which will help me getting the 320 missions trophy that much easier (unless somehow their missions do not count towards the total). ;)

zlatko

Banned
SolarPowered said:
I had a few good matches tonight, but I kept getting horribly punished by Wesker and his silly teleports+S antics.

How do you guys punish teleport spam?

Depends who your team is and what assists you have. I generally try to throw out my sentinel drones, then go in on them, if they try to teleport the drones will hit them usually.

Other options are LEARN TO BLOCK SON! :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HiResDes said:
Need someone to complement my godlike Tron and Sentinel...I'm pretty good with Phoenix, but her low health seems a bit detrimental. Any suggestions?
Probably some rushdown-esque character so you can utilize Tron and Sentinel's very good assists to control space and get in. X-23, Wolverine, or someone built primarily on offense. Putting Phoenix on there might be overkill, and is ofcourse highly risky unless you know what to do in case of a snapback.

Why can't 360 owners get it urley too? ;_;

HiResDes

enzo_gt said:
Probably some rushdown-esque character so you can utilize Tron and Sentinel's very good assists to control space and get in. X-23, Wolverine, or someone built primarily on offense. Putting Phoenix on there might be overkill, and is ofcourse highly risky unless you know what to do in case of a snapback.

Why can't 360 owners get it urley too? ;_;
I like Wolverine a bunch, thanks that seems like a great idea.

Azure J

I wish if I knew how to edit videos sometimes. The Casey/Ritchard thing going on in the OT would really benefit from some of the commentary from the last round of Wong vs. Combofiend (when Fiend ARRRM'd into the Lvl. 3 grab).

On another note, I'm trying to think up a new team synergy between Dante/Morrigan/Dormammu now. Dorm has so much to offer if you get creative with those "Power of" shenanigans.

Dartastic

Ack. How do I redeem them? WANT NOW.

Edit: Just read what was going on. PS3 only, eh? BOO. =(

Edit 2: Just posted on the FB MvC3 page: "Our favorite tournament finals of this season. Maybe you'll have better luck tomorrow Marn when you download Jill and Shuma on PSN and XBL for $4.99 or 400 MS each." ...with a link to Marn losing. LOLZOLZ. DAMN.

So spent some time with Shuma and Jill. Shuma is interesting, but not really my style.

Jill isn't really doing it for me either, I really liked MvC2 Jill and I'm having a hard time reconciling her old look and playstyle from her new incarnation. Doesn't really feel like Jill at all, the more I look at her character model, the more I dislike it, and her moveset is nothing special. (She is crazy fast though.)

The only thing I appreciated about her is that her old personality still tries to break through in some of her dialogue and win quotes. Giving her back her S.T.A.R.S. costume as DLC wouldn't be enough though, they'd have to overhaul the whole character, which I doubt is gonna happen.

Oh well, looking forward to more DLC characters in the future. (Hopefully, anyway.)

Dartastic

I just found out that each character is 5 each. WTF. FUCK that. That's so stupid. Glad I bought the limited edition. I'm not going to be dishing out 5 a character. No way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dartastic said:
Ack. How do I redeem them? WANT NOW.

Edit: Just read what was going on. PS3 only, eh? BOO. =(

Edit 2: Just posted on the FB MvC3 page: "Our favorite tournament finals of this season. Maybe you'll have better luck tomorrow Marn when you download Jill and Shuma on PSN and XBL for $4.99 or 400 MS each." ...with a link to Marn losing. LOLZOLZ. DAMN.
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA

Izzat some Shuma up in here?

sq08a.png

Already finished his trials lol

DR2K

Banned
Shuma is actually fun, Jill is going to take some time to get used. I'm surprised she's harder to use than Shuma.

I finally got my 9th lord title back after a crazy amount of matches. Shit was ridiculous and I had to fight some crazy sons of bitches in the process. I'm officially off ranked matches for life. I wish all of you guys who got ranked down good luck. Ya'll are gonna need it.

Holy crap that was hard.
corrosivefrost said:
I've heard teleports are usually handled by jump up-back and attempt air throw?
Yeah, this is what I was doing until he decided to run away constantly. I have no choice, but to switch in Amateratsu or Morrigan. Hsien-Ko just can't cut it with that constant routine.
Mit- said:
Kind of have to just get better at reacting to Wesker's teleports. Compared to other characters he's really got some of the worst teleports. The only teleports that don't have significant lag upon reappearance, are his ground to air and air to ground teleports. Everything else he stands there for a fairly significant amount of time, waiting for you to hit him.

If the Wesker is doing tons of ground teleports, you can punish it by just mashing jab and you'll auto-turn-around and hit him before he can do anything. If he likes teleporting after gunshots, just know what's coming. A lot of Wesker's practically ONLY teleport after gun, making it way predictable.

If all they do is air to ground teleport, DP him, or just get good at blocking high, then low when he lands. There's usually a good amount of time to stand block when he teleports high.

However, X-Factor Wesker? I don't know. I use Wesker as anchor, and I feel bad whenever I go level 3 X-Factor and win. His teleports are extremely fast and hard to see/punish. Again, if you know it's coming, try and spam a quick move and hit him out of it, although your window to do so is much, much smaller when he's in X-Factor.
This is some really thorough advice. I'm going to try and tighten up my Morrigan's game to see if I can break past that shit. It's still kind of hard because the guy I play against doesn't even use the teleport for offensive measure, he mostly uses it to chip away at my composure and patience. I have to admit that it has worked a few times.

How does a team using Morrigan, Lei Lei and Ammy stand up against wesker? I'm improving, but I'm curious about the matchup.

Thanks for the tips
zlatko said:
Depends who your team is and what assists you have. I generally try to throw out my sentinel drones, then go in on them, if they try to teleport the drones will hit them usually.

Other options are LEARN TO BLOCK SON! :p
I wish I had the Sentinel assist. All I've got is Ammy, Morrigan and Lei Lei. The best I can do is lock them up with good corner games and some pressure traps using Morrigan and Ammy. Lei Lei has to take a backseat while he out.

My blocking has also improved tenfold since I started playing this game too. My problem is finding when and where to poke at the smug bastard.

:p
dankir said:
Still no Jill or Shuma code for 360 yet :(
Don't feel too bad. I decided to get the PS3 CE instead since I anticipated a switch to the PS3 pretty soon.

I've got nearly 800 matches on the 360 and 30 on the PS3. Shuma and Jill are going to be pretty useless there...

:I

j3hg00

Just got my 360 code from Capcom, but it doesn't work?

I get: "Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system." When I try to redeem.

Korigama

Shuma's pretty fun, but I think Jill will likely suit me better. A word of advice for anyone concerned about the usefulness of her machine gun hyper: try canceling into it after connecting with QCF+M --> H (rather than using it on its own).

I turn on the PS3 to see if I can try Shuma and Jill for a few minutes before going to sleep and the damned thing wants to do a system update now. The thing has been there for the last twenty minutes and I can't do a damned thing with it. I'm gonna have to put it on automatic update to avoid this in the future...

:'(

Edit: I just realized I said "thing" too many times. It is definitely pretty late.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
So I entered my CE voucher code to the mvc3.com site and it gives me my XBL code which then says "code is invalid. please enter a valid code." anyone else getting this?

Dartastic

I gotta admit, Sentinel is on my team. But online Sentinel is a dumbfuck retarded character. HOW THE FUCK CAN I FIGHT HIM IF I CAN'T EVEN WEAPON CHANGE WITH AMMY, OR TELEPORT WITH DANTE, OR DO ANYTHING AT ALL BECAUSE HE CAN JUST FUCKING BEAM ME OR SOMETHING AND MY INPUTS DON'T WORK. Fuck.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dartastic said:
I gotta admit, Sentinel is on my team. But online Sentinel is a dumbfuck retarded character. HOW THE FUCK CAN I FIGHT HIM IF I CAN'T EVEN WEAPON CHANGE WITH AMMY, OR TELEPORT WITH DANTE, OR DO ANYTHING AT ALL BECAUSE HE CAN JUST FUCKING BEAM ME OR SOMETHING AND MY INPUTS DON'T WORK. Fuck.

is this a troll post? Ammy roasts sentinel really bad. The beams dont hit her at all.

Dartastic

haunts said:
is this a troll post? Ammy roasts sentinel really bad. The beams dont hit her at all.
Try weapon changing with her, and failing because it's online. One sentinel combo can destroy Ammy, and it can easily happen because of lag. I agree, Ammy can ROAST Sent. It can't happen when you can't easily change styles cause of lag. You stand up, and all of a sudden you're hit, aka, dead. Or you're running away to try and weapon change, and you get hit by ONE FRYING PAN. The situations are endless when it comes to Ammy getting roasted by Sent due to lag.

Edit: Also love the situations where you're comboing the easiest combo in the game (Ammy's f HHHHHHH) and all of a sudden you're on the opposite side of your opponent and your combo is broken, leading to lost super, dhc, air combo opportunities, whatever, which can potentially lead to you getting destroyed. Awesome.

MIMIC

Banned
My brother rented this game the other day.

One button performs those super/hyper (whatever they're called) combos? Yikes. Still looks like fun, though. But I'd prefer to WATCH people play this game, rather than play it myself.

haunts said:
I used that exploit a lot last week at Starbase. The main thing is it resets the damage scaling so you really only need to do it a few time to kill a character. Sent/Storm is really strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrEUUjH_tGM
I loved watching that Morrigan. She made my Morrigan feel so stiff it's not even funny. I almost feel like I've been throwing a rock around when I look at her move so elegantly...

The jokes were amazing as well.

"I think Spain exploded"

LOL

MIMIC said:
My brother rented this game the other day.

One button performs those super/hyper (whatever they're called) combos? Yikes. Still looks like fun, though. But I'd prefer to WATCH people play this game, rather than play it myself.
One button for the triple hypers which are usually impractical. The supers all revolve around three buttons(x,y,b), but they're definitely very simplified.

Mit-

Got damn Jill's 10th mission is tough. She keeps teleporting instead of letting me put in a quarter circle. VesperArcade needs to get some vids up, stat.

I finally found my PS3 CE artbook and put the redeem code in. Shuma is definitely going to get some play time. His standing H is basically like four of Hsien-Ko's H saws. It is going to put the works on Sentinel with that and his S attack in the air(turn into rock and drop straight down). He is definitely going to punish assists hard with that Mystic Ray too.

Jill is someone who will probably need some tinkering. Her melee super does decent damage and her Bang install lvl 3 hyper has potential with the right assist. The game lags if you x-factor while in the lvl 3 too haha.

I think I can live without them on the 360 luckily.

Caj814

Jill Mission 10 PROTIP:
Start the combo from your starting position. If you start it too close with a dash in, the Mad Beast follow up's will whiff.

Nikashi

Banned
400 points EACH? What the fuck Capcom, I'm totally taking a pass on them for now, I'd buy 2 for 400 but not fucking each, jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom