• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
haunts said:
magneto is the best character in the game. i would pay $5 so i could have two magnetos on my team.
Thank you for keeping it real

I played mags in marvel 2 before it was found out he was top tier as a character mag is fucking cool and in marvel 2 the mofo sounded like half man half robot and he will fuck your shit up

Fuck the haters I'm loving M3 Mag nothing better than seeing Mag spank the life away of other characters with the most fucking boss loops in the game. Plus his lp beam is too godlike for words

Real talk I'd buy the game for $70 day 1 no problem if Mag was the only character in it he is that godlike of a mutant being

God's Beard said:
Hulk - gamma wave assist is good, raises team average health
Hulk - gamma wave assist is good, raises team average health, DHC is ???, Meter build is ???

Anyone with good ideas let me know. This is really disheartening, knowing that this team I was planning around doesn't work as well as I thought.

Out of the above, only Trish/Dormammu/Shuma, Trish/Shuma/Storm and Trish/Shuma/Hulk seem good.

Hulk is the only one on both lists for you.
This means learning one more character, not two.
Hulk's super armor is really aggravating for people to deal with.

Go green, my friend.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When Shuma beats Shuma: AN EYE.. FOR AN EYE!

:lol <3

Shuma is so fucking awesome, however Jill is not. What the fuck is the point of a level 3 that makes my character less mobile and more open to getting comboed through jabs if I get close and teleport to the wrong side?

dralla

if you tiger knee L Mystic Smash it's an overhead. you can combo after it with c.L into whatever BnB. I think this will be the key to shuma's game. it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between the grounded version and air version. basically mix up all day with it, even better with a low assist

QisTopTier said:
I like to point out how much BULLSHIT this post is. Just on the costume part alone.

Yup. Then add in that it was $40 and they removed modes as well...

Just wait until the AE disc is $40 with the "un"balancing and only 4 new characters. :lol

Ferrio

Banned
corrosivefrost said:
Hulk is the only one on both lists for you.
This means learning one more character, not two.
Hulk's super armor is really aggravating for people to deal with.

Go green, my friend.

Hulk leaves himself so wide open after those though, worse than sent for sure. So far I haven't found a hulk to give me any trouble unless i'm being totally retarded.

hitsugi

GeoNeo said:
Thank you for keeping it real

I played mags in marvel 2 before it was found out he was top tier as a character mag is fucking cool and in marvel 2 the mofo sounded like half man half robot and he will fuck your shit up

Fuck the haters I'm loving M3 Mag nothing better than seeing Mag spank the life away of other characters with the most fucking boss loops in the game. Plus his lp beam is too godlike for words

Real talk I'd buy the game for $70 day 1 no problem if Mag was the only character in it he is that godlike of a mutant being
...I agree with everything you've said. I was also playing mag back when air dashing straight with assists were his mix ups in mvc2 :lol

Looks like I got an extra code, go to MarvelvsCapcom3.com/Redeem and try m3s002w45c5 you have to have (or make) a Capcom Unity account. 360 version.

Mit-

Is it really confirmed that the March 1st patch added the rest of Jill/Shuma? Because I call bullshit.

That previous game hack was the complete deal, I think. The movesets were complete. The only doubt they had was that Jill's gun hyper was not complete, but it was. It's just that sucky and is not really meant to add a lot of damage to combos. Jill and Shuma are FULLY FEATURED in the Bradygames guide, I don't think you get much more complete than that.

On the missing voice clips, they were hacking the characters over other characters, it's quite possible everything didn't go completely as planned...

I'm fairly confident they had the entire first round of DLC complete before the game shipped. First batch of costumes, shadow mode, and the characters were all on disc. I believe it was either Niitsuma or Seth who said that a large majority of the entire dev team went on a fairly lengthy vacation once the game went gold. They weren't hard at work finishing up characters.

Although don't get me wrong, I don't fault them for it at all. I gladly bought the special edition and paid my five bucks for the costumes. It's DLC. The problems I have with it are independent of whether or not the stuff is on disc or off disc (I don't like using it in competitive games, where tournament organizers have to worry about all their setups having DLC purchased and loaded ahead of time. I'd take Super Street Fighter IV over having to download all that new content every day of the week).

I'm glad we're done with on-disc DLC though. I'm really looking forward to seeing new costumes and new characters, although I have a strong feeling that Frank West and Doctor Octopus will be the next round of characters.

BiggNife

Mit- said:
Is it really confirmed that the March 1st patch added the rest of Jill/Shuma? Because I call bullshit.

That previous game hack was the complete deal, I think. The movesets were complete. The only doubt they had was that Jill's gun hyper was not complete, but it was. It's just that sucky and is not really meant to add a lot of damage to combos. Jill and Shuma are FULLY FEATURED in the Bradygames guide, I don't think you get much more complete than that.

On the missing voice clips, they were hacking the characters over other characters, it's quite possible everything didn't go completely as planned...

I'm fairly confident they had the entire first round of DLC complete before the game shipped. First batch of costumes, shadow mode, and the characters were all on disc. I believe it was either Niitsuma or Seth who said that a large majority of the entire dev team went on a fairly lengthy vacation once the game went gold. They weren't hard at work finishing up characters.

Although don't get me wrong, I don't fault them for it at all. I gladly bought the special edition and paid my five bucks for the costumes. It's DLC. The problems I have with it are independent of whether or not the stuff is on disc or off disc (I don't like using it in competitive games, where tournament organizers have to worry about all their setups having DLC purchased and loaded ahead of time. I'd take Super Street Fighter IV over having to download all that new content every day of the week).

I'm glad we're done with on-disc DLC though. I'm really looking forward to seeing new costumes and new characters, although I have a strong feeling that Frank West and Doctor Octopus will be the next round of characters.

Speaking of which, has anyone tested the Jill infinite in the BradyGames guide to see if it still works?

I'd do it myself but i'm pretty busy today and I've only used her for like ten minutes so far.

webrunner

Mit- said:

There were some moves Jill didn't have in the original, from what I hear.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mit- said:

Oh so jill still has her brain dead infinites that are in the guide? nice to know they didnt change anything! OH WAIT LOL

Delriach

Banned
QisTopTier said:
I never understood why everyone said spencer was bad LOL

lol, I've been trolling online with BIIIOOONIIICCCC AAAAARRRM since the game was released. I love it when some players would just randomly do a team hyper combo. I can't even imagine how salty they felt after getting hit twice XD

I also found that if you're playing someone that doesn't use an assist often, they'll do one almost immediately after they see you doing it. Good for some BIIIOOOONNIICCC AAAARRRMM punishes. Of course, that doesn't work against people that know what they're doing. >_>

GeoNeo

I disagree.
haunts said:

lol Fucking loving it

Magnetism how does it work?

haunts said:
uh was this posted? BIONIC AAAAAAAAARMMMMMMMMMMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDH0Ylp7bc

You know what the best thing of all is? The fighting game community is fucking showing some real love for this Rad Spencer while that was not the case with his official new game. Hahaha. I bet Capcom is sending internal emails around showing the crowd getting hype as fuck over dat bionic arm. :D

dralla

ok, with Shuma it's all about tiger knee Mystic Smash. L version works as an overheard, M works as an IAD and H version is a cross up. you can combo out of them as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
dralla said:
ok, with Shuma it's all about tiger knee Mystic Smash. L version works as an overheard, M works as an IAD and H version is a cross up. you can combo out of them as well.
Shhhh don't give away annoying tips! :D

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
It's sad I can pull of the z motion on my iPod touch playing Street Fighter IV (got it for 99 cents) but not on my 360.

EDIT: And after I say this, I seemed to have finally been able to do it consecutively.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. :(

Teknoman

GeoNeo said:
lol Fucking loving it

Magnetism how does it work?

You know what the best thing of all is? The fighting game community is fucking showing some real love for this Rad Spencer while that was not the case with his official new game. Hahaha. I bet Capcom is sending internal emails around showing the crowd getting hype as fuck over dat bionic arm. :D

Rad has always been awesome...just would be even more awesome if he had his shades/spiky red hair.

Also I must be really LTTP since last I heard, Shuma and Jill were delayed...yet here they are on the marketplace.

Mit-

QisTopTier said:
Oh so jill still has her brain dead infinites that are in the guide? nice to know they didnt change anything! OH WAIT LOL
She has two infinites, and if I'm reading this correct, they both require continuous 1 frame links. Wtf is brain dead about that?

"Linking after Position Change requires you to perform a 1 frame link into standing L."

"H must be pressed after the [tiger knee] on the exact frame Jill leaves the ground for the jump."

The first one is harder than any other infinite, and the second one is no easier than Akuma's infinite. And has anyone actually confirmed that either of these are not in the game?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm so proud of myself. After a month of being released, I finally have a strong grasp on the z-motion. Downside is it's another move at my disposal or with Dante, three more moves.

Riou

Is anyone else having problems getting shuma and jill from the CE edition for the 360? I input the code that i got from capcom-unity but it tells me its invalid.

Neki

ICallItFutile said:
It's sad I can pull of the z motion on my iPod touch playing Street Fighter IV (got it for 99 cents) but not on my 360.

EDIT: And after I say this, I seemed to have finally been able to do it consecutively.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. :(

try pressing diagonal forward twice ( aka, press down and forward at the same time) to perform a DP. I think that might work.

h3ro

Ultimoo said:
try pressing diagonal forward twice ( aka, press down and forward at the same time) to perform a DP. I think that might work.

No shortcut motions in MvC3. Not even DF,D,DF works for a DP.

hitsugi

Mit- said:
She has two infinites, and if I'm reading this correct, they both require continuous 1 frame links. Wtf is brain dead about that?

"Linking after Position Change requires you to perform a 1 frame link into standing L."

"H must be pressed after the [tiger knee] on the exact frame Jill leaves the ground for the jump."

The first one is harder than any other infinite, and the second one is no easier than Akuma's infinite. And has anyone actually confirmed that either of these are not in the game?
You forget that for Q, single frame execution combos are his Tuesday thing.

dralla

QisTopTier said:
but that's not his bnb *I do almost that much with no dhc or assist x.x* and yeah I was doing that last night in training lol I end it all off with doom :p
i know, I just wanted a small video so it was quicker to upload.

Mit-

h3ro said:
No shortcut motions in MvC3. Not even DF,D,DF works for a DP.
Double quarter circles do dragon punches, not sure if that's a shortcut though.

And I got a few reps of Jill's down + down + S > L loop/infinite to work. Not sure how long it could go. Can't get the tiger knee one to combo, but I suck as jump loops like that. Could never get Akuma's infinite to work.

zlatko

Banned
Not sure if I'll find any takers in here, but I'm trading both my Shuma and Jill code/s for a Halo: Reach Noble Map Pack code or $10.00 via PayPal.

So if anyone was planning to buy them both today why not do it through me? :)

Uzumaki Goku

Really annoying that I had to sign up for Capcom Unity... then submit my code.. and now I'm waiting for their email.. I mean, why not just give me the code on Xbox? Ridiculous! They did that for PS3 owners.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
haunts said:
magneto is the best character in the game. i would pay $5 so i could have two magnetos on my team.
Nah, just unlock it with Player Points. They must have put those in there for some reason...

USD

haunts said:
uh was this posted? BIONIC AAAAAAAAARMMMMMMMMMMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDH0Ylp7bc
Excuse me?

bionicarmdeie.gif

bionicarm2ydq8.gif

Bionic Arm.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Mit- said:
Double quarter circles do dragon punches, not sure if that's a shortcut though.

If you do qcf from back position quickly you will get a DP, this was also the case in SF2. If you check your inputs closely you'll notice what really is happening is you're input the correct motion for a DP just backwards. If you do a true qcb qcb with no extra input what so ever (so 100% clean input) you won't get a DP.

Anyways, IMO doing proper Z motion is simply faster. :) people that relied too much on SFIV sloppy input shortcut and system sadly have learned really bad habits which marvel should help rectify.

Uzumaki Goku said:
Really annoying that I had to sign up for Capcom Unity... then submit my code.. and now I'm waiting for their email.. I mean, why not just give me the code on Xbox? Ridiculous! They did that for PS3 owners.

I had signed up like half day before and got the code emailed to me early was able to download Shuma and Jill early. :D I'm guessing they had this system in place for XBOX 360 because the unlock was given to MS to upload a week or so before hand it was just a code needed to be used to unlock so they setup a website and email system because they wanted to release content on both platforms at the same day Sony would enable the content for PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom