• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
all this talk about iron man, hulk and ryu...ran with spencer/hulk/im day 1. switched to spencer/hulk/ryu for a few weeks, but I've since switched my order to ryu/hulk/spencer. For me, I usually like pretty defensively with ryu, zoning, and throwing in some air tatsu mixup action. i play a pretty lame hulk though. keep you out with gamma waves and wait to punish a telegraphed jump-in or low attack. who has a pretty solid hulk that would be good to study from?
I was inspired to move spencer to my anchor based on watching Combofiend. His bnb and otg bionic arm madness is crazy good with xfactor.
thinking about picking up taskmaster and dropping ryu though. my execution isn't the best which is why i've stuck with ryu so long. is taskmaster pretty complex compared to ryu?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ferrio said:
Thing is her assist is godlike and I loved using it. But then I have Tron's assist which... fuck is pretty damn godlike too. No it doesn't berserk through people, but it's pretty damn beastly and doesn't require a ton of a gotchas. And when Tron is on point I'm not as fucked as hsein. Hsein's mobility, her lack of mixups, and really really low damage output really sucks.
If you don't think Hsien-Ko has mix-ups, you're doing something really wrong. Plus you aren't restricted in DHCs at all if she's in 3rd position.

Either a mobility or damage buff would do her a lot of good, but as-is she's a decent early-game point character, a godlike assist, and a lousy anchor.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
dralla said:
why couldn't they give tron some sort of mix up game. i'd gladly sacrifice 100K health for more offensive options. plus her damage output kinda sucks because all of her normals are multi-hits [scaling]. ugh :[

I use Magneto/Trish/Tron and if I land a combo with Tron and hit my air throw reset, I can kill almost any character in the game even if I start out with 0 bars.

I do think she has problems getting her offense started though. But once she does, she does a ton of damage and builds a lot of meter at the same time.

Ferrio

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
I do think she has problems getting her offense started though. But once she does, she does a ton of damage and builds a lot of meter at the same time.

My big problem with tron is her c.A sucks. That and hit confirming her j.H online is pretty much impossible. But ya no problems with her damage output, or meter generation for me. She can combo someone pretty much across the screen, use 2 of her hypers then dhc into someone else in a single go.

Oh and fighting ammy with her absolutely sucks.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
TheSeks said:
You must be new here. Community is the gaming ghetto. Where all popular threads too big for the news er-"gaming" section go to die.

Also: New patch? Better be spectator or replays. *Corgi "let's ride a bicycle hype train made of dreams spectator and replay modes for online into friendship dismal disappointing, goddamn it capcom, and wishing I never bought the game".jpg*
yea i dont like the new system so much :(

shaowebb

This sucks. My hand got lacerated at work so I cant MVC3 for awhile and I still haven't had time to put in my lab work on Jill yet.
4 stitches and a lacerated thumb sucks when theres so much left to discover and SOOO much more that I still haven't gotten to click yet with my combos.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay tested some new combos out witht tron, should be able to mix it up a bit better with her. It still works with my shehulk OTG extension too even with the added hits.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
corrosivefrost said:
1st rank or higher.
Unless it counts if you fight people who hit 1st rank and ranked down.
I fought a 2nd lord and it didn't pop. Luckily, I was put up against a high lord soon afterwards.

Maybe I'm thinking High Lord. I know I got it without a total number title like three weeks back.

Yeah, our other games were relatively smooth, but that last one was horrible...

Your Taskmaster is serious business. This is the kind of match I was looking for on the 360 as well. Something that would push me a bit. The Morrigan astral vision stuff was surprising too. I never would have guessed that Soul fist would be so effective.

Sixfortyfive

SolarPowered said:
Yeah, our other games were relatively smooth, but that last one was horrible...

Your Taskmaster is serious business. This is the kind of match I was looking for on the 360 as well. Something that would push me a bit. The Morrigan astral vision stuff was surprising too. I never would have guessed that Soul fist would be so effective.
The other matches were "okay" quality as far as Live goes, I guess, but still not so hot. Pretty sure my connection just flat out sucks. GGs regardless.

I've comboed 13 Soul Fists in a row before in XF3 AV. Flash Metroid has done 20+ I think.

I'm still looking for a third to pair with Dante and Wesker -- I'm not sure Dormammu quite cuts it... was thinking of picking up taskmaster, but I'm not quite sure what to do besides standard combo launcher > air combo > webswing > ground bounce > air super -- that doesn't seem to do quite enough either.

Any suggestions on learning taskmaster, or a better fit than Dormammu for Dante + Wesker. And don't pull a Mike Ross up in here. As much as that damn robot's assist is awesome, I really don't like using him. :\

shaowebb

Tried to play just now. I cant do any Z inputs at ALL with these stitches in my left thumb. I figured "sure whatever I'll just play fireball motion characters and tricks based on only using simple inputs."

About my 3rd wire grapple with Spencer I feel a nice flare of anger from my thumb, and get blood on my MLP stick and lose.

I'm out. This sucks but I can't play any MVC3 until this shit heals some more. If it's this bad trying to palm play a stick then there is no hope for me. Stupid ass lacerated thumb.

Sixfortyfive

corrosivefrost said:
I'm still looking for a third to pair with Dante and Wesker -- I'm not sure Dormammu quite cuts it... was thinking of picking up taskmaster, but I'm not quite sure what to do besides standard combo launcher > air combo > webswing > ground bounce > air super -- that doesn't seem to do quite enough either.

Any suggestions on learning taskmaster, or a better fit than Dormammu for Dante + Wesker. And don't pull a Mike Ross up in here. As much as that damn robot's assist is awesome, I really don't like using him. :\
Simple high-damage Taskmaster combo:

stand Spidey Swing > air M M Spidey Swing > air M M S > stand Shield Skill > launch > air M M Spidey Swing > air M M S > jump forward (unless in corner) Legion Arrow L+H

Basically up to you on how to lead into the opening Spidey Swing. I go for an air H in tandem with a low assist, land, start a short normal string and then go into it from there. The only part of this combo that is difficult to time IMO is the hit after air Spidey Swing after launch. Get a feel for it and don't mash. One thing Combofiend was doing that I'm trying to X-Copy is cutting the aerial part at the end short with Legion Arrow MH and DHCing to something that can continue from the ground.

Check trag13's channel for ideas. Some of his combos are difficult to get down consistently but they'll show you some neat examples of relaunches and other stuff.

I think I'm going to give Tron a shot at a spot on my team. Her gustav flame is good stuff and her health is really high. I also love the way her moves string together. She could definitely gain a spot on one of my preset teams if I get used to her. I'm not letting go of Hsien-Ko that easily.

I'll probably play with her on the PS3 for a while before I try her on the 360.
Sixfortyfive said:
The other matches were "okay" quality as far as Live goes, I guess, but still not so hot. Pretty sure my connection just flat out sucks. GGs regardless.

I've comboed 13 Soul Fists in a row before in XF3 AV. Flash Metroid has done 20+ I think.
That is pretty insane. I guess everyone has some tricks up their sleeve in this game.

Solune

corrosivefrost said:

I run Dante and Wesker with Akuma, but with overhead assist as opposed to tatsu. Tatsu is definitely better for locking down and rushdown though, might want to look into him. Or maybe even Wolverine.

Sixfortyfive said:

stand Spidey Swing > air M M Spidey Swing > air M M S > stand Shield Skill > launch > air M M Spidey Swing > air M M S > jump forward (unless in corner) Legion Arrow L+H

Basically up to you on how to lead into the opening Spidey Swing. I go for an air H in tandem with a low assist, land, start a short normal string and then go into it from there. The only part of this combo that is difficult to time IMO is the hit after air Spidey Swing after launch. Get a feel for it and don't mash. One thing Combofiend was doing that I'm trying to X-Copy is cutting the aerial part at the end short with Legion Arrow MH and DHCing to something that can continue from the ground.

Check trag13's channel for ideas. Some of his combos are difficult to get down consistently but they'll show you some neat examples of relaunches and other stuff.

Trag13's combos make my head spin.

But thanks for the heads up. I'll give that "basic" one a try -- I'm sure I could pair it with Wesker's low samurai edge to mix up the standing spidey swing. Not sure how that would work with Jam Session...

What assist do people who use Taskmaster recommend? I'd assume the shot or tilt up, not straight up?
If I end up using Taskmaster and they release the Udon costume, I'd be all over it. :)

Solune said:
I run Dante and Wesker with Akuma, but with overhead assist as opposed to tatsu. Tatsu is definitely better for locking down and rushdown though, might want to look into him. Or maybe even Wolverine.

I originally ran Dante with Dormammu and either Akuma or Morrigan. Akuma's sucktackular health usually got me in trouble... that 800k is basically just about "one hit and he's done". :(

I kind of let them slide off as I started playing with Wesker. At one point I tried running Wesker with Dante and Sent (because of Sent's assist), but I really don't like Sent. I was currently running Dante + Wesker + Doom, but Doom hasn't really clicked for me, so I was looking at other options like Taskmaster.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Iron Man will be on my team till the bitter end, determined to make him work through lack of options, lack of launcher range, worthless standing heavy, lack of damage, retarded swap of smart bomb and repulsor blast inputs and all.

His air game is alright though.

Azure J

Sixfortyfive said:
If you don't think Hsien-Ko has mix-ups, you're doing something really wrong. Plus you aren't restricted in DHCs at all if she's in 3rd position.

Either a mobility or damage buff would do her a lot of good, but as-is she's a decent early-game point character, a godlike assist, and a lousy anchor.

All she really needs funnily enough is for her air dash to have the speed and (most importantly) forward falling momentum it does in Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Saviour. Giving her that much will at least give her some hint of maneuverability as opposed tofeeling like you just committed suicide for a funny "dash" animation.

On the plus side, she has one of my favorite theme mixes in the entire game.

dralla

Sixfortyfive said:

is there any way to consistently do this? this is the only way to DHC into Tron and it seems kind of random to me.

Sixfortyfive

dralla said:
is there any way to consistently do this? this is the only way to DHC into Tron and it seems kind of random to me.
As far as I can tell, it's just timing. You have to DHC such that your 2nd character hits them just before the opponent touches the ground. Once they hit the ground it's too late unless your 2nd hyper is OTG capable. Too early and they seem to just fall out of it.

It's particularly hard to DHC into Felicia's Dancing Flash because Felicia DHCs into the stage far away from the opponent for some reason. I have a hard time connecting it outside of the corner.

Ferrio

Banned
So free with my new team. Thor/Spiderman/Storm. Just get beat up on all day, don't know how to get in using these chars.

HiResDes

Ferrio said:
So free with my new team. Thor/Spiderman/Storm. Just get beat up on all day, don't know how to get in using these chars.
Dump Thor unless you really know what you're doing...I'd pick up a character with a really good assist to offset Spidey and Storm's air game.

Ferrio

Banned
HiResDes said:
Dump Thor unless you really know what you're doing...I'd pick up a character with a really good assist to offset Spidey and Storm's air game.

Naw, this team isn't for ranked play so I don't care.

jdub03

Ferrio said:
Naw, this team isn't for ranked play so I don't care.

I need to play more player matches. Every few days I switch teams and I take them in ranked battles. I've ranked down to fighter twice doing this.

Sixfortyfive

Everyone who uses teleport characters online deserves to be punched in the mouth.

Man... you know you need a break when you're raging during a win streak.

Sixfortyfive said:
Everyone who uses teleport characters online deserves to be punched in the mouth.

Soooo... since I use Dante and Wesker with maybe Dormammu, I should lock my door tonight, right?

Ferrio

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:

Teleports suuck online, teleports with beam assist backup even worse!

Played on the PS3. The slowdown is really noticable while watching, but not so much playing. Shame though it slows down with even one assist on screen. The fuck.

Deadpool/Arthur/Chris is my team. I feel like it's an original team that no one is using right now. I switch Dante for Arthur sometimes if I'm feeling it. There's about 3/1/2 hours of play footage on SRK right now. I will watch, all of it. A nice replacement for Saturday morning cartoons.

-edit- slowdown is not the correct term I think. The framerate lowers substantially and it gets choppy, but actual slowdown would interfere with the game. At least it's acceptible because it does not interupt gameplay. Is it frameskipping? It's an eyesore, but like I said doesn't effect the game too much so I didn't mind it. Still prefer playing on 360 for this reason.

Arpharmd B said:
Played on the PS3. The slowdown is really noticable while watching, but not so much playing. Shame though it slows down with even one assist on screen. The fuck.

Deadpool/Arthur/Chris is my team. I feel like it's an original team that no one is using right now. I switch Dante for Arthur sometimes if I'm feeling it. There's about 3/1/2 hours of play footage on SRK right now. I will watch, all of it. A nice replacement for Saturday morning cartoons.

-edit- slowdown is not the correct term I think. The framerate lowers substantially and it gets choppy, but actual slowdown would interfere with the game. At least it's acceptible because it does not interupt gameplay. Is it frameskipping? It's an eyesore, but like I said doesn't effect the game too much so I didn't mind it. Still prefer playing on 360 for this reason.
Yep, this more or less the kind of stuff I was experiencing. It just didn't feel like network lag to me. It's a shame that the game couldn't get the extra month or two in the oven. It probably would have fixed a lot of issues that people are complaining about now. That is completely on Capcom though. The PS3 is a real powerhouse of a system and it should run this game as well as the 360.

SolarPowered said:
Yep, this more or less the kind of stuff I was experiencing. It just didn't feel like network lag to me. It's a shame that the game couldn't get the extra month or two in the oven. It probably would have fixed a lot of issues that people are complaining about now. That is completely on Capcom though. The PS3 is a real powerhouse of a system and it should run this game as well as the 360.

It's partially MT Framework 2.0. The engine just runs better on 360. See Lost Planet 2, Resident Evil 5, and now MVC3.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
corrosivefrost said:
What assist do people who use Taskmaster recommend? I'd assume the shot or tilt up, not straight up?

I roll with taskermaster/dorm/wesker, with taskermaster as my point and wesker as my anchor.

I really like using samurai edge with taskmaster, it's good for starting offense: Since you look for some combo starters with ground web swing -> m m, if you call wesker just as you web swing you can make some hard to block things happen against not-tiny characters. Obviously also good for relaunch combos, you just do w/e in the air into S, call wesker, shield, relaunch.

I use the horizontal shot assist with tasky to help out dorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom