• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Culinary

Man, I just played against GT: CrossCounter101 for around 20 games. Are those the crosscounter guys or do they use a different GT?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
haunts said:
i know you feel me when i say tyram needs to drop magneto. lmao
Hahaha yes. I'm sure he wishes he could have 3 sents on his team.

Lmao CJ is blowing tyrams game plan up too funny

Also the chick on the mic is blowing him up too

Edit: Tyram out lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
GeoNeo said:
Hahaha yes. I'm sure he wishes he could have 3 sents on his team.

Lmao CJ is blowing his game plan up too funny

RAM DRIVE.

lmaooo holy shit.

its like magnetos only move is disruptor.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Tyram: "ima get top 3 this week too..fuck you CJ"

Reality: gets taken out

I want another after stream match between tyram and cj the salt will flow

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Oh shit CJ bets Tyram he has a week to get top 3 without sent hahahaha

Tyram turns down the bet lol shit is heating up

Hahahahaha too good

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Damn...Taskmaster is no joke! Finally found my third player :)! Love the shield... you can even dash shield up against dooms uber beam and even his arrows beat his beam lol :)! So my final team is Zero, Taskmaster and Akuma :)! Love it!

Mit-

DarkoMaledictus said:
Damn...Taskmaster is no joke! Finally found my third player :)! Love the shield... you can even dash shield up against dooms uber beam and even his arrows beat his beam lol :)! So my final team is Zero, Taskmaster and Akuma :)! Love it!
DHC Zero's pillar hyper (hits them up) into Taskmaster's vertical arrow hyper (hits them back down) into Akuma's shoryuken hyper (big damage) ;)

I just beat Devil May Cry for the first time. The "jackpot" line gave me goosebumps :D

smurfx

get some go again
damn finally got around to playing again after taking like 2 weeks off and man was i getting my ass kicked. i forgot how much i freaking hate dante. that motherfuckers combos never end. finally bought ssf4 and got around to playing it today and i did not like it one bit. maybe i'm now used to mvc3 but it just seems slow.i much prefer street fighter 3 to it. i don't know maybe i have to play it more but my first impressions weren't good.

LordAlu

Bleepey said:
My bionic arm OTG timing is shit, any tips?
I always find getting the super to go off the instant you land works for me - doing the motion in the air and hitting the two buttons on contact with the ground scores me a hit 95% of the time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
To buy Shuma or not to buy, thats the question.

Kimosabae

Banned
Fersis said:

Only if you truly like the character.

I bought them both out of what I felt was some kind of necessity and I hate them both. Haven't even spent more than 5 minutes in training mode with them.

A roster update in a fighter is akin to a gameplay patch in a FPS. They shouldn't be sold, let alone for 5 dollars per character.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:

Don't buy. Send Capcom the message they can't give us rushed products that lack modes (say... Spectator and Replays) that it's predecessor/grandfather fucking has in it's fourth entry. >:|

sleepykyo

Fersis said:

Check some video and then decide. I just took for granted that they finished Jill, boy was I wrong. Shoutouts to reusing the jumping H animation as jumping S.

xero273

This probably the best place to ask this. I tried streaming an online match last night and this is the result.

http://www.justin.tv/xero273/b/281853742

Game looks fine when nothing happens, but when action starts it gets real ugly and starts skipping a lot. Is this a result of it being online? My settings in FMLE are the following:

Format: H.264
FPS: 30
Input size: 1280x720
bitrate: 1000
output size 1280x720
audio: mp3 128 @ 44100

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
It might be She Hulk's, but I am not 100% on that.

Pretty sure it is.

I can use it even when my opponent is really far away for an OTG into lunch rush for tron. Pretty sure you could use her to OTG into any projectile/beam super that you can't OTG normally after an air combo.

Fersis said:

Don't! His hitbox blows, hate fighting him. He doesn't seem particularly strong either, just unorthodox.

Ferrio

Banned
jdub03 said:
Who has the best tron bonne. Is it justin or somebody else?

Justin doesn't look like he still hasn't tapped into her as much as he could I think. He doesn't do anything special with her that I haven't seen someone do before him.

Dahbomb

ClakyD's Tron is solid too. I have rarely seen him drop combos with Tron. His team has insane synergy too: X-23 on point with Ankle Slicer used to set up extended combos for Tron, Tron 2nd with Flame assist, Morrigan anchor with assist set to meter building.

V_Arnold

Okay, guys, I would appreciate a little help :)

My main team looks like this now:
Wesker (damage dealer, gunshot assist)
Spencer (Armor breaker assist, BIONIC ARM!!!!!!)
Deadpool (I zone the shit out of my opponents with him, also my strongest char so far)

I also can play with the following at a "beginner" level (nothing too fancy yet):
-Trish
-X23
-C.Viper

What is supposed to be a good assist to Deadpool? Something to extend his combos? And what is his best assist also? Anti-air aside, I found that his moves can be rather useless at times, when it comes to assisting. Thank you :)

(Also, told my "comfortable with" list so if someone fills one of my mains should be replaced with it for better team synergy, that is what I can choose from :D)

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Mit- said:
DHC Zero's pillar hyper (hits them up) into Taskmaster's vertical arrow hyper (hits them back down) into Akuma's shoryuken hyper (big damage) ;)

I just beat Devil May Cry for the first time. The "jackpot" line gave me goosebumps :D

Nice thanks for the tip, was using akuma's fireball super... shoryuken makes much more sense :)!

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
ClakyD's Tron is solid too. I have rarely seen him drop combos with Tron. His team has insane synergy too: X-23 on point with Ankle Slicer used to set up extended combos for Tron, Tron 2nd with Flame assist, Morrigan anchor with assist set to meter building.

Ya I use shehulk in the same way for my extension. Builds up 1 1/2 meter, and can chain up to 4 hypers into each other.

V_Arnold said:
And what is his best assist also? Anti-air aside, I found that his moves can be rather useless at times, when it comes to assisting. Thank you :)

I'd wager his OTG assist would be, but that'd matter on your team make up. Since you already have wesker for that it might be redundant.

Dahbomb

I don't know about that team ordering though. You are going to have troubling DHCing from Wesker's Maximum Wesker into Bionic Arm. You might as well go for the DHC trick with that team, play Bionic Commando on point with Wesker 2nd to set up unblockables. When you get the 2 meters, do that other hyper with Bionic Commando and DHC into Wesker's Counter hyper and just do a regular old combo with Wesker. This will do absurd damage and will most likely kill the character if you do it right. You can also DHC glitch from Deadpool but you have him as anchor and that team serves him better as anchor (because really those other assists aren't meant for Deadpool).

Deadpool needs assists that keep him away from opponent and just generally help with his zoning.

Wesker needs assists that pin down opponent across the screen so he can do cross ups. Beam assists work really well with Wesker.

Bionic Commando needs assists that cover his approach towards the target or hit low so he can set up some unblockable situations (his overhead can be cancelled).

Not much you can do with Deadpool's assists with that team but the anti-air assist will help you defend your characters from the skies at least. If you can though, try playing Dormammu as he goes really well with Deadpool's play style. He meshes well with Wesker too as Wesker builds him meter and Dormy's Black Hole assists creates extra combos for Wesker. The meter that Wesker/Deadpool build can be burnt to great efficacy by Dormammu. He is a very solid anchor character and with 5 bars plus X Factor he is Godly.

Or you can swap Bionic Commando with Trish and move Deadpool up the order and zone with him while setting up traps with Trish. You can also do his Quick Works hyper and DHC into Trish's Round Harvest for some sick damage and set ups with Wesker if you raw tag during the Round Harvest. Trish benefits from both DP and Wesker's assists as she can switch gears with her play style. Use Deadpool's assist to help her zone and Wesker's to rushdown and create mix ups. You can also use Trish's projectile which will help out both Wesker and Deadpool but her trap assists are just too good.

jdub03

_dementia said:

Oh yeah. I forgot about him.

Dahbomb said:

Nice! I'm gonna watch some videos to try and level up my tron. I think I found a team that works well. Two combo heavy characters(Ammy and Tron) and Spencer as my heavy hitter. With this team I'll have tons of meter for Spencer to Bionic ARRRRRM fools to death.

Yay, just made a 50/50 mixup with Thor that works anywhere on screen on all characters, does 520,000+ damage either way, takes no meter and no x-factor and ends on a reset that loops into itself :)

V_Arnold

Dahbomb said:
I don't know about that team ordering though. You are going to have troubling DHCing from Wesker's Maximum Wesker into Bionic Arm. You might as well go for the DHC trick with that team, play Bionic Commando on point with Wesker 2nd to set up unblockables. When you get the 2 meters, do that other hyper with Bionic Commando and DHC into Wesker's Counter hyper and just do a regular old combo with Wesker. This will do absurd damage and will most likely kill the character if you do it right. You can also DHC glitch from Deadpool but you have him as anchor and that team serves him better as anchor (because really those other assists aren't meant for Deadpool).

Deadpool needs assists that keep him away from opponent and just generally help with his zoning.

Wesker needs assists that pin down opponent across the screen so he can do cross ups. Beam assists work really well with Wesker.

Bionic Commando needs assists that cover his approach towards the target or hit low so he can set up some unblockable situations (his overhead can be cancelled).

Not much you can do with Deadpool's assists with that team but the anti-air assist will help you defend your characters from the skies at least. If you can though, try playing Dormammu as he goes really well with Deadpool's play style. He meshes well with Wesker too as Wesker builds him meter and Dormy's Black Hole assists creates extra combos for Wesker. The meter that Wesker/Deadpool build can be burnt to great efficacy by Dormammu. He is a very solid anchor character and with 5 bars plus X Factor he is Godly.

Or you can swap Bionic Commando with Trish and move Deadpool up the order and zone with him while setting up traps with Trish. You can also do his Quick Works hyper and DHC into Trish's Round Harvest for some sick damage and set ups with Wesker if you raw tag during the Round Harvest. Trish benefits from both DP and Wesker's assists as she can switch gears with her play style. Use Deadpool's assist to help her zone and Wesker's to rushdown and create mix ups. You can also use Trish's projectile which will help out both Wesker and Deadpool but her trap assists are just too good.

Wow, thank you! Time to hit the lab, huh :D

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Yay, just made a 50/50 mixup with Thor that works anywhere on screen on all characters, does 520,000+ damage either way, takes no meter and no x-factor and ends on a reset that loops into itself :)
It's the reset off of the Might Smash ender right? You just jump up after the move and throw with Mighty Hurricane and they have to guess which way to go. I think I know what it is and I have been working on it ever since I saw that Tragic video.

My two teams are now finalized:

MODOK/Trish/Thor and Arthur/MODOK/Thor

I feel really confident in these teams and I'm suddenly less frustrated with the game than I've been the last few weeks scrapping together characters. Especially the first team, really feels like I'm playing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure again :)

Dahbomb said:
It's the reset off of the Might Smash ender right? You just jump up after the move and throw with Mighty Hurricane and they have to guess which way to go. I think I know what it is and I have been working on it ever since I saw that Tragic video.

Yeah, that's one of his best resets, really clean.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
My two teams are now finalized:

MODOK/Trish/Thor and Arthur/MODOK/Thor

I feel really confident in these teams and I'm suddenly less frustrated with the game than I've been the last few weeks scrapping together characters. Especially the first team, really feels like I'm playing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure again :)

Yeah, that's one of his best resets, really clean.
Someone's missing in these two teams, hmm.

Dahbomb

Man you have Thor as anchor in those teams? I don't know how you can close in with Thor without cover of assists, it's really tough (doable but hard). But if someone could make him work as anchor, he would be one scary mutha fucker.

I haven't finalized a team with Thor yet but Dormammu is going to be in it. They make a good pair. Thor will start though. Ironic, these two were featured facing off against each other in Trailer#4...

Dahbomb said:
Man you have Thor as anchor in those teams? I don't know how you can close in with Thor without cover of assists, it's really tough (doable but hard). But if someone could make him work as anchor, he would be one scary mutha fucker.

I haven't finalized a team with Thor yet but Dormammu is going to be in it. They make a good pair. Thor will start though. Ironic, these two were featured facing off against each other in Trailer#4...

I don't really consider him an anchor because I DHC a lot, but he's only the anchor in my first team. Arthur is the anchor in my second, but I gold him up first.

That said, I'm fairly confident in my ability to get in with Thor, his movement is way better than people think. Thor/Dormammu is 8/2 in Thor's favor, with the 2 being flame carpet. The main problem is versus Magneto, his air game is so good, and his beam is so hard to react to. I try to deal with mags using MODOK and Trish if all possible.

MODOK is just straight up a monster. I call my team Gods, Demons, and the Hubris of Man.

Holy shit, Jill is awkward to use. I couldn't get past mission 4. :(
Shuma is easier, to an extent, but having both charge back and charge down moves make him pretty wonky at times too. always getting mystic rays or stares when you want something else.

Need to pop in the lab later and try out that BnB simple Taskmaster combo.

jdub03

I just did clakey d's 30 minute combo to a 6th lord online. He proceded to leave after he got his first win. Feels good.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
xero273 said:
This probably the best place to ask this. I tried streaming an online match last night and this is the result.

http://www.justin.tv/xero273/b/281853742

Game looks fine when nothing happens, but when action starts it gets real ugly and starts skipping a lot. Is this a result of it being online? My settings in FMLE are the following:

Format: H.264
FPS: 30
Input size: 1280x720
bitrate: 1000
output size 1280x720
audio: mp3 128 @ 44100

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Your resolution is too high for the bitrate. the output size should be 640x360

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
Don't! His hitbox blows, hate fighting him. He doesn't seem particularly strong either, just unorthodox.

I found some resets that straight up let him kill characters if he drags you to the corner.... :D

In one reset

smurfx

get some go again
bought jill and didn't like. i played against gorath and didn't like what i saw. i'll wait to see what other dlc characters are announced before i buy anything.

Cels

i just realized that one of the librarians at my law school has the name "hagar" which is pronounced just like "haggar" haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom