• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankir

V_Arnold said:
I am going to laugh every time I see someone crying over Sentinel nerf.
Big giant 10 more years deal with it char of yours got nerfed? Deal with it. Plenty of people play normal characters, your favorite Sent does not need to have one of the most hp in the game "just because". His X Factor threat level is still one of the highest, his assist is still cheap (albeit a little more risky now), his moves are still the same. Deal. With. It. It is not a Hero to Zero case.

Just wait until they give Phoenix a 1,000,000 and some instant kill move. Isn't Dark Phoenix like the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe?

Can't she kill anybody just by thinking it or some shit?

kirblar

MThanded said:
getcho logic outta here son thisisneogaf.gif

10 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF BALANCE PATCHES..... DEALWITHIT.
Yeah, pretty much. People who were saying "they won't patch" now have to catch up to the modern age where every game can be patched. If exploits pop up, they'll get pounded down. And if balance problems emerge, they'll get fixed. Not 2 years with "Hyper MvC3", but in a few months. X-Factor probably will get adjusted at some point.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh wow SRK is still down.

Nerf Sentinel
Kill SRK.com

DR2K

Banned
Hitokage said:
He has mobility but not evasive ability. His only real GTFO move is Hard Drive.

Which is the most invincible hyper in the game and can be done off the ground with a TK motion.

hitsugi

V_Arnold said:
Big giant 10 more years deal with it char of yours got nerfed? Deal with it. Plenty of people play normal characters, your favorite Sent does not need to have one of the most hp in the game "just because". His X Factor threat level is still one of the highest, his assist is still cheap (albeit a little more risky now), his moves are still the same. Deal. With. It. It is not a Hero to Zero case.
:lol this whole post

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
God's Beard said:
Increased the damage on my Thor BnB again :)

Up to 579,300 damage on the whole cast, 616,700 on sentinel, no meter or x-factor, ends on a reset :-D
2l8knxt.gif

Neki

V_Arnold said:
The fact of the matter is, I agree Sentinel needed a nerf, but I don't believe health really solved why people thought he was over-powered. Regardless, I'd defend any character that got nerfed for all the wrong reasons, it's not because I LOVE SENTINEL AND I'M SALTY, it's because I believe that it was a stupid nerf. Had they done this to Phoenix, I'd be just as angry even though I don't play her. As easy as it is to say that the only people complaining about the nerfs are the people who play him, that's not true at all.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
shaowebb said:
  • sent's health got nerfed to 905,000
  • akuma's tatsu now has severe hitstun deterioration killing his infinite
  • some glitches were removed
  • sets up event mode on friday
  • hsien ko got a damage buff
  • Spiderman got his new armored outfit from amazing
  • dormammu got a damage buff on air M
  • Hulk was given a dash cancel
  • Kitty helper now hits low
  • Bionic Arm now has an animation startup making it slower
  • Haggar got a better dash
  • Haggar lariat no longer cancels projectiles but reflects them
  • Dante's moves now all cancel into fireworks by accidently touching anything
  • Trish now falls during air portal summoning
  • Ryu got faster
  • Chris Redfield was given the ability to dual wield
  • She Hulk was given The Stone Cold Stunner for an extra Hyper
  • Ammy now has Chibiterasu Helper summon similar to felicia but all it can do is bark and sleep
  • Thor was given magneto's flight dash
  • Viewtiful Joe was given a teleport
  • Wesker now no longer has a walk animation its all done via teleport
  • Shuma Gorath grew an extra eye
  • Jill got a dash
  • Captain America got shot
  • Tron got super armor on every move
  • Doom lost the triangle jump but was given Sentinel's Rocket Punch
  • Morrigan grew a third tit and a second ass for more fan service
  • Felicia shaved
  • X-23 is now always invisible
  • Deadpool has an idle animation of eating tacos

We'll keep you posted when we find anything else.

They also gave Dante 10 new special moves.

I have a feeling they've been stealth patching in new moves for him the whole time because every time I see a Dante video, I see a new special.

DR2K said:
Personally I think Phoenix(650k) should get more health and DP less(less than 200k with no draining).

I was gonna say prevent xfactor from healing her health, take chip away from DP normals, and give her DP teleport a little more recovery, but I like this better.

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
Increased the damage on my Thor BnB again :)

Up to 579,300 damage on the whole cast, 616,700 on sentinel, no meter or x-factor, ends on a reset :-D

We'll see about that!
*patches God's Beard combo out of game*

J/k I really still want to like Thor, but I haven't put any time in on him and you don't casual play Thor. I'd love to see a vid of this thing. I'm mad hype for this combo.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Dartastic said:
Aahahhahaha that was a fun match. :p

With Morrigan I have problems too. I think the best thing I do against her is just have my assist game on point, and get a couple good mixups in. Push block is also really important. If I can do that, I do okay. Her rushdown can be fierce as hell though, especially if she's got that mirrored mode going on.

Thanks for the info... that flying overhead is scary as hell. Wish I had a proper answer to it. Then again I just wiped out Spencer and Tasky... so still have lots to learn with them. Most of the time my Zero still does all the work. Have to level up these two!!

shaowebb

I wanna see somebody do a chip out video of combos against sent now. I'd love to know how good a blocked combo does on him now with certain characters. Several guys could probably zone chip him all day.

I know my Ryu just destroyed a 7th lord still rockin a sent upstairs by testing a few hadokens and beams into his block from across screen. Guy seemed really upset about it and immediately tagged out even though all he did was eat chip.

Things are shakin up.

MoxManiac

Doesn't really bode well for the long term health of the game if Capcom makes bonehead decisions like this.

When I clicked on the SRK link I was thinking, oh they reduced it to 1.2k or 1.1k, then my jaw dropped the floor when I saw 905k. hahahaaha wtf

Sentinel was fine. If I -had- to nerf anything, i'd probably nerf the speed bonus he gets in x-factor.

shaowebb said:
We'll see about that!
*patches God's Beard combo out of game*

J/k I really still want to like Thor, but I haven't put any time in on him and you don't casual play Thor. I'd love to see a vid of this thing. I'm mad hype for this combo.

Maybe I'll make a gif of it, but I'm really scared of SRK stealing it and people starting to use Thor. Right now I'm testing DHC potential. I think i can push it to around 1,150,000 by DHCing into Trish's level 3, I'll have to see what the best option is. Depends on whether mighty smash into thornado does more damage than thornetic shockwave after the extreme damage scaling.

Regardless, I think I can kill any character with one reset only using the meter the combo builds for itself(a little under 3 bars after the reset, so 2 lvl1 hypers). If I'm out of meter, the combo kills every character with lvl 2 x-factor. I think. Maybe not Thor.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
MoxManiac said:
Doesn't really bode well for the long term health of the game if Capcom makes bonehead decisions like this.

When I clicked on the SRK link I was thinking, oh they reduced it to 1.2k or 1.1k, then my jaw dropped the floor when I saw 905k. hahahaaha wtf

Sentinel was fine. If I -had- to nerf anything, i'd probably nerf the speed bonus he gets in x-factor.

Its fine seriously, only difference is you have to play smart with him now... no characters should be brain dead easy period. He still is exactly the same... just have to watch him closely and not do bonehead shenanigans and you will be fine.

RS4-

MThanded said:
Level 3 or his level 1?
Whoops, it's his level 1. It's how I made the Storm hailstorm disappear and be invulnerable to Akuma's ground super beam which went through me until one of the shots hit Akuma

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nerf Sentinel. Buff Chris into a boulder robot punching god.

soawesome.gif

MoxManiac

DarkoMaledictus said:
Its fine seriously, only difference is you have to play smart with him now... no characters should be brain dead easy period. He still is exactly the same... just have to watch him closely and not do bonehead shenanigans and you will be fine.

I don't play sentinel. But if Capcom is going to knee-jerk patch this game every time scrubs whine about something i'm kinda worried what the game will look like in a year.

TheSeks

Anth0ny said:
Woah, a balance patch after one month? The fuck? the FUCK?

Not exactly balance if it only nerfs/buffs a few characters, is it?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TheSeks said:
Not exactly balance if it only nerfs/buffs a few characters, is it?

That's the weirdest thing about it. A random patch that stopped an infinite and some bugs randomly shaves Sentinel's health and messes with the damage of some moves.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Papercuts said:
Wait WAT.

I got 246K with Okami Shuffle on Viper, 258K on Arthur, 290K on Deadpool.
I guess the it has to do with spacing and character size. What were the hit counts on each character.

From da hubz

Alright, I just tried it myself, without comboing beforehand. Okami Shuffle statistics:

BradyGames guide says it does 311,600. Shoryuken Wiki says 316,500. I just tried it myself a few times and got: 255,000 ... 270,400 ... 247,600 ... 268,000 ... 246,500 ... 272,300 ... 262,200 ... 252,100 ... 293,400 ... 271,400.

It seems to vary based on what character I'm doing it to, and whether or not they're airborne when I do it. But if it was reaching over 300k pre-patch, then it's safe to say this patch toned down the damage.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Papercuts said:
Wait WAT.

I got 246K with Okami Shuffle on Viper, 258K on Arthur, 290K on Deadpool.
The damage of this move has always been inconsistent because it's difficult to get all the hits in... Come on people. Don't flip out over every little thing if you can't even test it conclusively.

In other news, I checked the damage, stamina, and XF3 damage boosts for the characters I play (Taskmaster, Morrigan, Felicia, and Hsien-Ko). Nothing seems to have changed there, though I didn't bother testing Task's Sword Master or Guard Master.

shaowebb

If you guys were salty over the twitter post after the patch you should see the memorabilia tie ins they've already landed for this game based on this patch.

Check it out!

2eoeczt.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Chamber said:
Just heard about the patch.

Gatdamn, Sent got worked over.
Character with almost no mixups that is also the easiest to land hits on and mixup against gets below average health.

TheSeks

Does the Nerf Sentinel come with Nerf Drones so I can call him out as an assist against school bullies and not kill them? :(?

So what was the point of the Sentinel nerf? Beginner players lost to him because of hyper armor and damage output. That's still going to happen. Meanwhile, he's going to get wrecked even more in tournament play.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Papercuts said:
That's the weirdest thing about it. A random patch that stopped an infinite and some bugs randomly shaves Sentinel's health and messes with the damage of some moves.

That's why I really think this was a set of "trouble tickets" that were unfixed shortly before the game came out. It's not a "real" balance patch after seeing what the community does with the game. Just niggling issues.

DryEyeRelief said:
So what was the point of the Sentinel nerf? Beginner players lost to him because of hyper armor and damage output. That's still going to happen. Meanwhile, he's going to get wrecked even more in tournament play.

IMHO to tighten him up and make him less of a crutch. Look, even good players laugh at Sentinel and CALL HIM a crutch, and they're not even entirely joking. He promoted a lazy-daisy play style.

Also to keep Sent from dragging stuff out; even after you know how to counter him, he is annoying to take out due to health, and statistics may have favored the Sent player surviving anyway only to get the other guy in the end with a single combo.

The funny part about this is in a way it is the reverse of initial concerns over Phoenix. People immediately argued that she'd be a useless gimmick due to low health and her great aspects wouldn't make up for it. Instead, people have ended up using Phoenix a lot, and good players are starting to recommend actually using her as a point once you're good enough to not get hit a lot. It's just that we've tested Phoenix in the field and know this already.

The Sent situation makes me imagine what it'd be like if say, normal form Phoenix had great health and was suddenly cut to her low health; would people freak out, arguing that she was doomed since now she was too frail and weak? When in reality, it compensates for her scary abilities. (FYI, if Dark Phoenix didn't exist but normal Phoenix still worked as she does now, I suspect she would still have lower health than almost anybody else.)

Darkman M

No surprise people are overeating to this on the internet, Sentinel is pretty much on every high level players team except Justin and Combofiend, Sentinel players will just have to adapt like opponents adapted to playing against him.

kirblar said:
Well, then neither does the claim that he should get high HP because he's a huge robot.

Looks like Sentinel's warranty ran out and owners are finding out what happens when production is outsourced to china. ;)

Now Captain America has more health. America! FUCK YEAH!

shaowebb

TheSeks said:
Does the Nerf Sentinel come with Nerf Drones so I can call him out as an assist against school bullies and not kill them? :(?

No.

He does however come with Nerf Hulk fists that have been painted purple though!

When they hit they make noises but usually every time someone brings them out and another person hears Sentinel's voice it just results in the Sentinel fist kid's playtime getting punished.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sixfortyfive said:
The damage of this move has always been inconsistent because it's difficult to get all the hits in... Come on people. Don't flip out over every little thing if you can't even test it conclusively.

In other news, I checked the damage, stamina, and XF3 damage boosts for the characters I play (Taskmaster, Morrigan, Felicia, and Hsien-Ko). Nothing seems to have changed there, though I didn't bother testing Task's Sword Master or Guard Master.

Yeah, I can't get a conclusive damage on it, though I'm not getting close to the ~316K number above. Even doing it to the same character in the same spot is getting a different amount, even as low as 198K. Though I guess I'd need to clear the cache and be offline if I want to see if it was the same before.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
On the other hand, maybe it does make more sense as a post-development patch because Day 1 Sentinel wasn't so exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom