• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptoadam

Banned
We'll have to see. It isn't exactly slowing down, and they won't test you unless you have like a fever of 37.5+ for 4 days straight. A couple days ago they only tested 181 people and over 50 were positive, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me.
I think numbers are suppressed because they are worried about the Olympics etc, so I am taking a wait and see approach.

Just keep hitomi tanaka safe.

But you guys only have 20 deaths even though you were one of the first countries to have it.

Because he changes his answers for the same questions daily. The only way to get anything out of this retard is to keep pushing until he slips and says what he actually means.

no doubt but they make Trump look good all yelling over each other right now. they need to calm down lol

They made dude look like a Champ, and I am not a Trump fan. Got to give props when he makes sense handshaking is a hard human habit to break and he nailed that answer.

no doubt but they make Trump look good all yelling over each other right now. they need to calm down lol

They made dude look like a Champ, and I am not a Trump fan. Got to give props when he makes sense handshaking is a hard human habit to break and he nailed that answer.

Like look at this

He didn't defend shaking hands he said it's a habit that's hard to break. I think that's an incredibly honest answer because it's damn true.

We've even seen the scientists talk about not doing something like touch your face and then immediately touch their faces.

Habits are hard to break there is no reason to try and get a cheap gotcha.

Like look at this

He didn't defend shaking hands he said it's a habit that's hard to break. I think that's an incredibly honest answer because it's damn true.

We've even seen the scientists talk about not doing something like touch your face and then immediately touch their faces.

Habits are hard to break there is no reason to try and get a cheap gotcha.

Yes totally media bullshit. He was the most human about that handshakes thing he called it a habit made it very clear it is not something we should be doing right now.

I almost want to wear that blue USA 45 hat lol such bullshit pisses me off

So its airborne ?

Why no one post on GAF ? Believe it or not i trust GAF to give good information.

Dr. Campbell the dude I post a video of every day has been saying might be airborne in 80% of his videos, it was always something he pointed at he just waited for more studies and research. If China is reporting it as a result of a study I would trust it.

So if you watched and followed Dr. Campbell's videos this would not be a new thinking.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
No France, Germany or Italy #s yet huh.

*edit* Sorry, no German deaths today? That large of a case load should be reporting...

Last edited:

llien

Still months away, even if effective:

nlAX98u.png

it could be helpful against future mutations though.

*edit* Sorry, no German deaths today? That large of a case load should be reporting...

Germany
4,181+506

France and Italy to come

Germany has always been weird about deaths. total is still 8 deaths with 4k cases no new deaths reported so far today

Last edited:

moniker

This "immunity herd" stuff (eg UK) I hear about seems like a huge gamble. There are no guarantees it will work. We have no knowledge of how long immunity will last after recovery, or the mutation rate of the virus. And there are already reports of different strains of covid-19. I feel like this could backfire.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It's been known for a long time now.
Apparently the term “airborne” is being misunderstood though. When I listen to the experts that doesn’t mean it just floats around in the air. It just just means it can be ejected in aerosol form.

I thought a handful of days ago that when they said “it can be airborne for hours” that means if you walk into a room an hour after someone who had it did and breathe in that air you’ll get it. The people I’ve heard since say that is not the case or this would be historic level contagiousness rating. It’s really just respiratory droplets

cryptoadam

Banned
This isn't new. The virus can only travel about 10 feet before it falls to the ground which is why they say social separation is the way to go.

Ok so I should only buy 20 rolls of TP then I guess :messenger_squinting_tongue:

My GF shared it with me like it was something new, but if this was a big thing I know GAF would of been on this like white on rice.

We can't say Italy is not testing. I would not take any bets that the USA could not beat Italy's numbers if we tested that much. So even if I am reacting to Italy's numbers as they spike. I still think we might be sleeping on USA.

cryptoadam

Banned
At the moment 5 deaths in Germany, 3k confirmed infected:

UK gov dashboard, similar to above:

Need to see what Germany is doing to keep deaths down. Cases to deaths very good. Most likely they protected their old. Worldometers says only 9 in serious condition. If thats the case they shouldn't be having any issues at their hospitals.

llien

What the hell is going on in Italy?

They are on lockdown, yet they are still the worst affected :/
Those measures take time to yield results.

Need to see what Germany is doing to keep deaths down. Cases to deaths very good. Most likely they protected their old. Worldometers says only 9 in serious condition. If thats the case they shouldn't be having any issues at their hospitals.

Well, my entire family is staying home starting Monday.
Elder kid will have remote learning of sorts, for the younger, we'll get some materials from school.
Schools are closed until mid April (and nobody knows what then).

Both employees let/or even asked us to work from home. (which in my case means that I'm more, not less effective)

PS
A teacher in school is confirmed to be infected. =/

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
What the hell is going on in Italy?

They are on lockdown, yet they are still the worst affected :/

Everyone who caught it before lockdown coming to roost.

Also old people. only 2 out of the 1300 cases are under the age of 40 and one had cancer and the other obese/diabetes. 75% cases are in one city. Almost everyone who died in Italy is over 60.

My wife is pissed cuz her brother came home for the weekend back to his elderly parents as usual from his job in the capital city working for an international company. Just so he could get his laundry done. He's over 40 years old. This is why Italy burns. This European live with your folks till you get married approach to life. It is extremely common for the grandparents to live with the kids/grandkids.

We're taking steps to do our bit, and he comes and does this. We even told him not to come lol.

Last edited:
Done as president I mean. Impeachment level incompetence.

I read it on FB so it’strue.

Oh yes, FB facts. Wait until they see the truth bite them on the ass.

I would predict that Trump tests comes back as Positive and he carries the virus like a Champ and more people love him for being one of the people. He becomes more popular we crown him King of USA for life.

That is more real than impeachment fanfics lol

cryptoadam

Banned
Those measures take time to yield results.

Well, my entire family is staying home starting Monday.
Elder kid will have remote learning of sorts, for the younger, we'll get some materials from school.
Schools are closed until mid April (and nobody knows what then).

Both employees let/or even asked us to work from home. (which in my case means that I'm more, not less effective)

PS
A teacher in school is confirmed to be infected. =/

but what was Germany doing the last month/month and a half to keep their deaths so low? They have the sixth most cases in the world, 5th outside of China but their deaths are way down on the list.

So what did you guys do? Round up all your old people and hide them in the basement? And do you happen to have any data on the age of the 9 dead? I have a sneaking feeling that they are all over 60 or at most 1 is under 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom