• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

FromTheFuture said:
Great thread! Absolutely cannot wait! Also, is it bad if I lost my old ME1 save file? I don't want to miss out on anything big with the story.

You'll be able to pick certain story choices in the beginning of ME2, just the big stuff. None of the smaller things like the side quest stuff.

Ashley / Kaidan, Council, Wrex
Are examples.

voltron

Ya know what? Fuck this bullshit of getting exclusive weapons for buying the CE. Fuck it up the fucking arse.

It fucking shits me.

esc said:
I pre-ordered, but I won't be able to play until Thursday because of school work. :(

(I know, backwards priorities!)

I'm sort of in the same boat.
I have classes from M-Tu (W is one from 9-10:45 and 6:15-7:30, then nothing (well reading Law school stuff for the next week and cleaning :)). Still, I'm just planning on not sleeping as much as I normally would. :lol

I am so in day one, hell I bought the Terminus Armour/Gun Code off eBay today. Pre-order at gamestop my ass!

RS4-

NG+ bonus stuff if you start a new character
200k credits
50k minerals
25% bonus xp
+ one power from your party achievements (the Loyal powers that you unlock when you do specific ally missions).

I haven't looked into the NG+ bonuses when you continue your career, aside from keeping your level and credit/mineral stuff.

IoCaster

Thanks Skilotonn for the great job with an awesome OT. I can't wait for my X360 CE copy to arrive and/or unlock my PC version via Steam.

MMaRsu

Not day one I think but very soon after.. But then again maybe day one :(. This game has me in it's pocket so to say :p. Even despite all the elements they took out ;). And the veins. Why the veins :(.

Oh well, this game is still going to kick a whole bunch of ass, and it will have an amazing story I hope. Can't fucking WAIT.

The day I get this I'm going get high as hell and play this all day :lol

Apath

Can't wait, but kind of conflicted considering the first dropped in price so quickly. I'll probably buy it with the first B2G1 free deal to pop up.

MaddenNFL64

So I've missed alot, but now that the game is here, i'm watching recent trailers & crap.

Can you knowledgeable folk fill me in on where the hell
Ashley/Kaiden, Liara, & Wrex are? I saw Garrus :).

Dark Stalkers said:
It looks like he's talking to Lorik Qui'in on Noveria.
Thanks!

After looking at Commander Shepard is a Jerk, I may have to try and plays as a Renegade. I keep forgetting that it doesn't doom you to a bad ending or something in ME1 and I would hope ME2.

Renegade is like being a 1980s action movie badass!

Ephemeris

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Commander Sherpard is a Jerk (ME1 spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy-eRfupYbA

This reel is AMAZING. People need to watch it, especially guys like me who mostly did Paragon.

"Where is I just saved you from a nasty prison shower scene" from?
:lol :lol Need a Fem-Shep version of this.

Dax01: Got your code?
RS4- : I bit the bullet and highlighted your spoiler tag. I don't think that's a big spoiler considering the stuff in the OP.

stupei said:
I doubt it, but does anyone know if Best Buy is getting copies of the CE?
I'm pretty sure both they and Walmart are. Both seem to be the designated unloading place for copies not ordered by Gamestop.

Can't wait, but kind of conflicted considering the first dropped in price so quickly. I'll probably buy it with the first B2G1 free deal to pop up.
I feel similarly, but at the same time I don't think this one will fall nearly as swiftly as ME1 did.

kitzkozan

It's about time that we got the official thread for ME 2. :D Awesome job to the OP.

I really hope the DLC for ME 2 can be on par with what's coming up for Dragon Age.Yes,I expect at least one significant expansion for ME 2 and smaller DLC similar to bring down the sky. :D

Swag

MaddenNFL64 said:
So I've missed alot, but now that the game is here, i'm watching recent trailers & crap.

Can you knowledgeable folk fill me in on where the hell
Ashley/Kaiden, Liara, & Wrex are? I saw Garrus
:).

Spoilers:

Ashley / Kaidan seem to be taken by the Collectors ( Main enemy in ME2 that are collecting Humans. )

Liara is unknown currently, and Wrex is head of the Krogans I believe. Trying to unite them and get a cure for the Geno-phage that is causing their extinction. Garrus has returned.

RS4-

Ephemeris said:
RS4- : I bit the bullet and highlighted your spoiler tag. I don't think that's a big spoiler considering the stuff in the OP.

haha you never know. Might bother someone!

This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 18 hours

the wait is killing me

RS4- said:
200k credits
50k minerals
25% bonus xp
+ one power from your party achievements (the Loyal powers that you unlock when you do specific ally missions).

I haven't looked into the NG+ bonuses when you continue your career, aside from keeping your level and credit/mineral stuff.
Thanks, I wonder what you get for a NG++...+ ;) I'll be playing this multiple times just like ME1

RS4- said:
200k credits
50k minerals
25% bonus xp

Whoa!
You get special powers from Loyal Allies
!?!?!

I GOTTA PLAY WITH EVERYONE!!!

Ephemeris

Dax01 said:
It's just Dax, and yeah, I got the code.
Just making sure. Heard stories of people not getting their cards..

In my case, the cashier threw my box away today. :/ Right after I paid for it too. She thought it was just a display case and was unaware there was something inside. So she got it back, shook it and handed it to me. lol

RS4- said:
haha you never know. Might bother someone!
fair enough. Btw, I haven't watched the Launch Trailer due to spoilers. :lol

MaddenNFL64

Sebulon3k said:
Spoilers:

Ashley / Kaidan seem to be taken by the Collectors ( Main enemy in ME2 that are collecting Humans. )

Liara is unknown currently, and Wrex is head of the Krogans I believe. Trying to unite them and get a cure for the Geno-phage that is causing their extinction. Garrus has returned.

Thanks for the info :).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thanks again to all those who appreciate the OP and again, sorry it was late - my head is killing me right now so I'm gonna hit the sack, I'll update the media section with the avatars when I'm online again - anything else you all want to add, feel free to ask...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Skilotonn said:
Thanks again to all those who appreciate the OP and again, sorry it was late - my head is killing me right now so I'm gonna hit the sack, I'll update the media section with the avatars when I'm online again - anything else you all want to add, feel free to ask...

It was well worth the wait :D.

Kabouter

Sebulon3k said:
Spoilers:

Major spoilers:
Ashley/Kaidan shows up during a mission, not taken by collectors.
Liara works on Illium as a competitor to the Shadow Broker.
Wrex leads the Urdnot clan on the Krogan home world.
Garrus returns after you help him take out three clans.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Whoa!
You get special powers from Loyal Allies
!?!?!

I GOTTA PLAY WITH EVERYONE!!!

You unlock them from completing each character's quest. You can then research an upgrade that lets Shepherd use one of those unlocked abilities. You can also respec Shepherd.

bulovski

Neo Member
Nice clean OT. Glad to hear about continuation of side quests after game finish. Towards end game I tend to get impatient about the ending and usually end up skipping side quests or rushing through them (FO3, DA:O, ME).

Sebulon3k said:
You'll be able to pick certain story choices in the beginning of ME2, just the big stuff. None of the smaller things like the side quest stuff.

Ashley / Kaidan, Council, Wrex
Are examples.
I see. But the small stuff has an effect if you use an ME1 save file?

Kabouter

FromTheFuture said:
I see. But the small stuff has an effect if you use an ME1 save file?
Yes, sometimes extra quests, most often just an extra message. For instance, minor spoiler:
Scanning the keepers in ME1 for Chorban will have Chorban send you a message on your personal channel with his results, confirming what you already knew about the keepers and you also find out about a small new part of the history of the citadel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom