• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Hawk269

Played about 3 hours worth and am very impressed. Have the PC version, playing at a rock solid 60fps, 1080p and every possible setting set to max. After playing ME2 on PC for the last few days, the imgage quality (IQ) in ME3 is just so much better than ME2. I am actually blown away on how good the game looks. It is unfortunate that we did not get the hi-res texture pack, but what it has is pretty damn impressive overall. Yes, there are some low-res textures for clothes and some other stuff, but overall IQ is impressive as hell.

BobbyPhysics - We need you to post your black magic settings and what you are doing. You always seem to find the right stuff to make games on PC look even better. Please post what you can, what programs etc. We all will appreciate it.

Hawk269

Did run into some issue early in the game where one of the companions would be stuck and not move forward. Since no enemies were around was not sure if they would just teleport if you go into another door or something....but I did manage to fix it by going back and running into the character and finally it followed me like it should.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Some steal me a N7 Warfare Gear code from a retailer, since I seem to have pre-ordered from the only Australian retailer not offering any bonuses.

Sai

Some steal me a N7 Warfare Gear code from a retailer, since I seem to have pre-ordered from the only Australian retailer not offering any bonuses.
I'm headin' back to Gamestop for mine later today. I'll see if I can snag you an extra code.

Which reminds me, who else preordered from Origin? Have you gotten a code for that Shotgun of theirs yet? I got one for The Argus Rifle right after it was shipped, but not the Shotty.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm headin' back to Gamestop for mine later today. I'll see if I can snag you an extra code.

If you manage to snag me a code for PC I'll make you king of all these cretins.

Played about 3-4 hours so far and absolutely loving it. Relatively minor changes to the combat but it makes a world of difference, feels so much crisper.

JambiBum

I've played about 7 hours so far and have had a pretty good time. I have really enjoyed the way they bring in some of the characters
Thane and Kasumi
. It makes me wonder what happens if you don't play some of the DLC. Especially the Shadow Broker stuff because of how much it gets brought up. Have to wait until a friend who didn't play SB plays it to find out what happens.

Kem0sabe

looks like this is turning out to be one of the best rpg/story driven games ever. might have to buy this after all ;/

I wouldn´t go that far. Still think that bioware´s effort´s with BG2 and KotOR are far superior, but as with everything else, everyone has different opinions.

That being said, i´m having fun :)

I miss Kelly, but Traynor is very likable so far. The first few hours were iffy but now that the game is opening up, I'm getting really in to it. Too bad it's so late, I won't be able to play again till tomorrow night :(.

Kind of annoying, since you can butter Kelly up in ME2 I thought that she would have some kind of role in 3, bah.

Anyone mind e-mailing me a copy of their GamerSettings file? I really am at the end of my rope here, and I might as well see if saving works with someone else's file.

I can send you my e-mail address over PM.

Anteater

Ok here are some screens(751.C9K.I33.G8G.JE4.1HT.6KE.411.I56.323.2FB.226):

Nice, the lighting condition made shep looks pretty ugly in the demo, these looks so much better with softer lighting/shadows.

I'm not sure if it's been answered yet, are the fem shep concept hair selectable in the retail game? Someone said Bioware added those hair in that were from the femshep voting event, but none of them were in the demo.

Question for those who already have the game:

If you don't import a save, what are the choices you can make in the beginning to set what happened in the previous games? Anything regarding Rachni, Wrex, love interests, Cerberus? How in-depth do they go with it?

I've played ME1 and 2 on the 360, but will have to get it for PS3 this time.

Pollux

I wouldn´t go that far. Still think that bioware´s effort´s with BG2 and KotOR are far superior, but as with everything else, everyone has different opinions.

That being said, i´m having fun :)

Granted I'm around 5 hours in, but I think the way everything is coming together puts this on par with KOTOR....

Although the fucking "journal" menu annoys the shit out of me.

Micerider

I could not find information for now so I'll ask here :

What is the "default" Sheppard ME1/ME2 back-story if we start the game without any save?

Are therealso anyway to "define" what your previous backstory (still from previous games) is without an imported save?

I am currently re-doing ME 1 et ME2 on 360, as I lost my saves to the demon of RRoD but I am not sure I'll be patient enough and might just jump in on PC anyway.

Edit : oh well, I was just a little slower than MushroomSamba :p

Heh, wow, for once I'm glad I bought the DLC at Gamestop at Midnight. Sweet sweet From Ashes DLC was on my 360 at like 12:07 last night.

Has anyone besides me mentioned how GOOD this game looks??

It looks GOOD.

One thing though?

HATE the new Normandy color scheme. Actually everything in the game seems to veer towards that cobalt blue, which is a huge step down from last game's orangey look (and the perfect black/white/orange Cerberus colors).

YES I CARE ABOUT THESE THINGS.

WHY.

Mr_Zombie

Did I read that right - you can't import your ME1 Shepard's face into ME3?

* where's the turn-over-table gif when you need it? *

Goddamn it.

Moaradin

Really I thought the first 2 on normal were easy,beat en on Insanity. I was thinking of starting on hardcore. DL installing now!

There are a couple reasons for it though. I'm playing on Hardcore and also using a modded ME2 save file to reset my level to 1, but keep all the choices I made. That way I don't start off at level 30 with everything unlocked.

Damn my mood was ruined fast. Fuck you douchebag in the Review thread.

Kaper

Which reminds me, who else preordered from Origin? Have you gotten a code for that Shotgun of theirs yet? I got one for The Argus Rifle right after it was shipped, but not the Shotty.
The codes were in the same email I got informing me of ME3's release.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway

Free Mass Effect 3 M-90 Indra Sniper Rifle from Alienware, just make a junk account. Master Race only. Keys are going fast.

Thanks for the heads up.

I've played about 7 hours so far and have had a pretty good time. I have really enjoyed the way they bring in some of the characters
Thane and Kasumi
. It makes me wonder what happens if you don't play some of the DLC. Especially the Shadow Broker stuff because of how much it gets brought up. Have to wait until a friend who didn't play SB plays it to find out what happens.

So you're telling me I've gotta play Shadow Broker today before I pop in ME3, eh?

Great, I hope ups comes on the later side
I played shadow broker just not on the save I'm importing.

Derrick01

Banned
Looking forward to jumping back in in a little bit since I only did a couple of hours last night (early location spoiler)
I quit as we landed on the Citadel after the Mars mission

Despite it being mostly combat so far with a disappointing amount of dialogue, I kind of liked what was there at least. They really should have had more speech options in certain places though.

gdt

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Something came up, so I didn't have the money to buy it this week (cancelled my CE on amazon). I can definitely pick it up next week though. What are the chances the Collector's Edition will still be available? :(

Wow at the love and the reviews, I was going to hold off and get it later this year but at this rate I will be getting it in the next couple weeks. I wish I could use my save from the 2nd game...but I will be playing it on PC this time.

Top Bottom