• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

EA said:
Which controllers does the PC demo support?
There is no official support for controllers beyond the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.
lol, you fucks. even that isnt included. in 2012 for a 360 centric game.

Guesong

Wasn't the middle one totally Neutral though? I only used that option once in 2 games when I was trying to decide what to do with the Geth on Legion's mission and didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

Yes it was. I don't think anyone used it much either, but it gave the illusion of (more) choice. That's why that now that it is removed, you are seeing "complaints" popping on the Internet.

ace3skoot

Hey guys, i keep hearing people saying they can't import there sheperds face? I will soon be receiveing the PS3 version(well on friday), is this right that importing your character and choices you have to redo your character creation? because that would serioulsy suck

I won't see my n7 edition until friday but at least I only have 5ish hours of work that day, and an entire weekend! going to be so good.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's not GFWL otherwise it would work out of the box.

Still, it's better to use a m/kb for this game instead anyways, if you ask me.

People will still reply to you saying they play their PC games on a couch, so a controller is more comfortable in that case(true), or that they use m/kb all day at work and they dont want to continue using it at home. Although i dont get that last one, my work is basically in front of a computer all day, and i still use my computer a lot for gaming with m/kb only. Doesn't bother me at all.

Hey guys, i keep hearing people saying they can't import there sheperds face? I will soon be receiveing the PS3 version(well on friday), is this right that importing your character and choices you have to redo your character creation? because that would serioulsy suck
The face doesn't import at the start for some reason but if you go to custom faces again and enter your ME2 code, it'll work. It's a weird error.

Samara

Oh yeah, Mama's on her way to picking up her copy. See ya in a few hours----or days.

Oh and careful on those who have "Gameplay" centric suscription on Youtube. I got spoiled on an inner ME joke. Not big, but still be careful.

Solo

Got my 360 copy! Kind of a bittersweet moment, knowing it is the last time I buy a game with Bioware's logo on it.

Tess3ract

Banned
Anyone like me who likes playing on their plasma t.v. and couch??

If the demo is any judge (it should be), if you want to do that get the 360 or PS3 version.

The PC ui is way too fucking small to deal with anything more than arm's length away.

Also it's very obviously designed to be used with a kb/m, though if an xpadder profile works more power to you.

GSR

Also, did anyone else laugh at (about two hours in)
the Heavy Rain-esque nightmare Shepard has of the kid?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Enjoy US gaffers. I'm bailing out, 3 days to wait. Gonna be impossible to avoid someone spoiling the ending.

Feel sorry for you, EatChildren. Having to read & edit all the ending spoilers before you even play the game.

G17

I bought the Collector's Edition but I didn't get the Normandy Avatar Prop (checked the avatar customization for props/awards and even the marketplace) when I redeemed both codes shortly after midnight. Am I doing somethign wrong?

Hambone

I hope you are joking. It is a collector's edition. Maybe one of the first to ever actually be limited as they are intended to be.

I didn't find his rage too far off as I walked into Target on launch day for Mass Effect 2 and pulled the Collector's Edition straight off the shelf. "Collector's Edition" does not actually imply "Limited Edition", but from what I have read EA may have actually produced a limited supply.

X-Frame

Does anyone have access to an N7 Warfare pack code (360) from GameStop?

You'd be a space god/godess among men if you could. Thanks!

Feel sorry for you, EatChildren. Having to read & edit all the ending spoilers before you even play the game.

This. Probably the biggest ME fan on the board and hes forced to jump on spoiler grenades for the sake of the rest of us :/

This man needs a raise!

graywolf323

okay that's it I'm going to bed now, been fun staying up playing some but I need sleep before a mid-term this afternoon (probably not the best idea I've had...)

definitely looking forward to playing more later today :)

Does anyone have access to an N7 Warfare pack code from GameStop?

You'd be a space god/godess among men if you could. Thanks!

I'd greatly appreciate one for PC >_>

Arucardo

Got a question for anyone playing this on PC. Can you still have multiple profiles and is multiplayer locked to a single profile? I mean can my dad or my brother play on my account with their own profiles for the story mode benefits? (just found out about this from PCG today :| )

I'm expecting EA to be jerks about it like they were with BF3, my brother had to buy his own copy to play mp on the same computer back home. All the earlier BF games had the option of making multiple soldier IDs.

Got a question for anyone playing this on PC. Can you still have multiple profiles and is multiplayer locked to a single profile? I mean can my dad or my brother play on my account with their own profiles for the story mode benefits? (just found out about this from PCG today :| )

I'm expecting EA to be jerks about it like they were with BF3, my brother had to buy his own copy to play mp on the same computer back home. All the earlier BF games had the option of making multiple soldier IDs.

Huh that is an interesting question, I wonder how Multiplayer would work when I do my Renegade Shepard run

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm getting the 360 version, but I'm curious if there are any PS3 impressions.

The demo was absolutely atrocious on PS3 with a framerate that routinely dropped to 20 fps or lower.

Kem0sabe

What weapons are you ADEPTS rolling around with?

Pistol for long range pew pew and SMG for close range pew pew. Having imported my save from ME1/ME2, i started out at 30, soon leveled to 31, so that means i managed to fully upgrade singularity and warp to awesome effect :D

Little to no need of guns so far.

X-Frame

What weapons are you ADEPTS rolling around with?

As little weapons as possible on most missions. If the MP demo is anything to go by, a heavy pistol with a scope is all you'd need and then you'd receive 150-200% cool downs. Biotics everywhere!

Dany

Banned
Pistol for long range pew pew and SMG for close range pew pew. Having imported my save from ME1/ME2, i started out at 30, soon leveled to 31, so that means i managed to fully upgrade singularity and warp to awesome effect :D

Little to no need of guns so far.

Was my plan all along!

Glad to hear it!

I cant for class to be over:( 10-3 I came close to skipping but thought otherwise, I'll be skipping tomorrow though as that class is only 50 min:D

When I start playing today after class there will be no stopping me...

One thing I like is how events are being mentioned in the game world and conveying a sense of scale for what is occurring. Things feel like a sense of apocalyptic dread is hanging over the galaxy. Disconnect from gamewide events are often an issue with many games so it's nice to see Mass Effect 3 handling the issue quite well.

The demo was absolutely atrocious on PS3 with a framerate that routinely dropped to 20 fps or lower.

Cutscene framerate is still kind of iffy when a lot of stuff is going on, but in battle its stable mostly. Its definitely improved from the demo.

I just played the PS3 demo to compare and the framerate didn't really bother me at all. Probably because I'm used to 10 times worse from playing ME2 on my crappy PC. If the demo represents the worst of it, then I'll be buying the PS3 version.

I'd also like to see more impressions though.

Rengoku

I finished the game on PS3, I say stick with the 360 version, I would rather put up with having to switch discs a couple times than having to deal with framerate drops, cutscenes that look like slideshows and awful texture pop in.

Bowdz

Here are my impressions from my first play session. No story spoilers, just gameplay aspects and impressions of the product:

Well I just played 8 straight hours worth of ME3 and overall, it is awesome. Yes, the writing can be cheesy. Yes, the animations are pretty bad. Yes, there is more auto dialogue in the beginning than in the other two games, but if you were able to look past the multitude of flaws with both ME1 and ME2 and see them as being greater than the sum of their parts, than you will love this game.

I'm playing it with an imported level 30 Soldier on Insanity and the AI is pretty impressive (there have been numerous spots where I have had a legitimately hard time progressing. It is the same as the MP demo, but it is worth noting that the headshots in ME3 are probably the most satisfying I have experienced this generation since Gears of War. For people who are concerned about the auto dialogue, don't be. There aren't a lot of options dialogue-wise until you get to the third mission or the
Citadel
which took me about 2 hours to get to. Honestly, the auto dialogue fits nicely in the beginning because they are able to keep a somewhat frantic, desperate pace before getting back to the good, old ME style.

The animation team at Bioware really is the weakest link and Bioware should make it a priority to get their animations up to par in the future. It is really such a mixed bag where some of the facial animations are very subtle and well done (the eyes have been improved quite a bit) and others (general lip animations, the walking/running animation for everyone) look notably worse than ME2. It is distracting at first, but I (unfortunately) have gotten used to.

The art design is fantastic and really plays off all of the emotions and themes of the setting. The second mission of the game is AWESOME both stylistically, musically, and design-wise. It took me about an hour and a half, but it was definitely one of the highlights thus far IMO.

There is SO MUCH fanservice in here. I honestly don't know how new players will be able to pick it up and play because there is not a lot of backstory provided and yet characters, locations, and events from the expanded universe are all present and accounted for.

Minor spoilers concerning ME2 squadmemebers:
I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but don't expect to have a whole lot of time with the ME2 squad members. Thus far, none of the older teammates have been part of your squad. They all play an ancillary role.

Overall, if you could look past the flaws of ME1 and ME2 and enjoy the overall experience (the characters, the universe, the locations), than you are in for a treat. It definitely has some major flaws, but from my brief time with it, it seems like the best of the three games and and good are currently outweighing the bad.

Moaradin

About 8 hours in and I feel like I have so much shit to do. I've done maybe 2 "main" missions, but I've picked up so many side quest. A lot of them actually seem pretty important. Will definitely start working on them later. Need a rest after that marathon lol.

Top Bottom