• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Just popping in to say that I got my Collector's Edition in Europe hous ago from my usual hook-up, and the best part about the EU CE is there's no Kinect stripe on the box, which was a pleasant surprise considering I had already given in to getting a purple stripe on my box.

zYwuB.jpg

I'm still not done with my other ME2 playthrough, so I'm only gonna play MP tonight.

But either way, ME3 is HERE!

Where're you at? I'm hoping Game Mania gives me the good stuff tomorrow.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yeah they had to know. Its impossible to have not tested importing a face all the way to ME3.

I spent all of my lunch break trying to create a decent Black FemShepard.
Just found out that my CE isn't registering with the website, so I can't redeem the OST and the other things.

I've had similar experiences with DA:O and (unfortunately) DA2. Glad this wraps up the ME trilogy. Probably won't be purchasing Bioware games anymore after this.
At least not day/month 1

Zeliard

Weight system kicks ass.

I'm carrying a shotty (a Katana that I upgraded to level V immediately on the ship, and also stuck a couple mods on), and a pistol that I modded to reduce weight by 50%. After putting 3 points into Assault Mastery to get the +20 boost to weight limit, I currently have a +162% bonus to my recharge time at just level 6. And I still get to carry around the ol' pistol and shotgun (the max is +200% recharge time).

As it stands, Pull recharges every 1.5 seconds and I haven't even given it a recharge upgrade yet; seems very feasible to get that under 1 second eventually, unless 1 is the minimum limit. Charge recharges every 3.49 seconds at rank 2. Shockwave is also at rank 2 and recharges every 2.79 secs. Vanguard is gonna be fun :p

Dunno how long it keeps up but I've noticed even on Insanity, most of the earlier enemies just have the ol' red health bar, making them ripe for some Vanguard biotic whooping. I assume that's because they wanted you to abuse Liara's Singularity as part of the tutorial. In ME2 on Insanity, even the early enemies had layers of shields on them.

Does the weight system apply to squadmates?

I have them all using the Chakram Launcher assault rifles (Kingdom of Amalongdong demo unlock) since the power on the gun is so damn high.

Dunno how long it keeps up but I've noticed even on Insanity, most of the earlier enemies just have the ol' red health bar, making them ripe for some Vanguard biotic whooping. I assume that's because they wanted you to abuse Liara's Singularity as part of the tutorial. In ME2 on Insanity, even the early enemies had layers of shields on them.

Oh, thank The Maker. The Vanguard biotic powers hardly seemed worth using in ME2, it's nice to hear that they're at least useful at some points in ME3.

SpudBud

Weight system kicks ass.

I'm carrying a shotty (a Katana that I upgraded to level V immediately on the ship, and also stuck a couple mods on), and a pistol that I modded to reduce weight by 50%. After putting 3 points into Assault Mastery to get the +20 boost to weight limit, I currently have a +162% bonus to my recharge time at just level 6. And I still get to carry around the ol' pistol and shotgun (the max is +200% recharge time).

As it stands, Pull recharges every 1.5 seconds and I haven't even given it a recharge upgrade yet; seems very feasible to get that under 1 second eventually, unless 1 is the minimum limit. Charge recharges every 3.49 seconds at rank 2. Shockwave is also at rank 2 and recharges every 2.79 secs. Vanguard is gonna be fun :p

I gotta agree. New system kicks ass. I'm playing a Vanguard with a AR and sniper rifle and it's supremely awesome and works well.

Zeliard

Actually, mistake. It's not a pistol I have equipped, it's an SMG, the Shuriken. They weigh about the same. An SMG is probably a more useful compliment to a shotgun, anyway. :p

Does the weight system apply to squadmates?

I have them all using the Chakram Launcher assault rifles (Kingdom of Amalongdong demo unlock) since the power on the gun is so damn high.

I don't think they're affected by it.

Amir0x

Banned
this game is preeetty good so far

damn it's doing a sweet job of referencing shit I did in the first game, it's like this has just been one long continuous journey. I don't think any other game has done this save transfer/decision transfer as well this generation (or ever)

pakkit

Banned
With each ME iteration, feminism takes another step backwards. It's heading towards loli-fanaticism at this point. Why is everyone's bust bigger? Ashley, Chakwas, and even an AI have all been sexed up.

Frankly, it's at odds which what is otherwise a relatively well-thought out and grounded universe. It reminds me I'm playing out some teenaged fantasy. Let's get back to genophage politics!

Zeliard

Oh, thank The Maker. The Vanguard biotic powers hardly seemed worth using in ME2, it's nice to hear that they're at least useful at some points in ME3.

I think they were worth it, but yeah you had to generally strip enemies of their shields first.

I like the concept here of having enemies carrying around literal physical shields now, making it so you have to flank them. I never played the demo so that stuff was new to me. The heavily increased emphasis on movement around the battlefield is probably one of the best parts of the game so far.

On Insanity at least, enemies are aggressive in moving forward, they flank, and they'll throw grens to squeeze you out. But you're able to move around so much more quickly and smoothly than before, so it works out. Beyond issues with friendly AI, it adds a tactical element to the game that wasn't there as much in the first two.

Realized I really don't know how to play another other class besides Vanguard. :lol I tried the demo as an adept and ended up struggling with what powers I hotkeyed. Embarassing. :p

bengraven

First time at Citadel right now

Question: did Udina take over being couselor from Anderson or is my save file fucked up? I got a save from ME2saves.com that said the person chose Anderson for human counselor but there's Udina in his place.

Also, Jessica Chobot's face is even worse in motion...but that body is still killer. Hell, all the women's bodies are killer in this game. I didn't want to kill that Miranda-like chick on Mars because she was fun to look at. ha.

Carbonox

Ah so the CE box is just that, a box like many other CE's out there?

I would love for everyone to utilise the awesome box design that was used for Deus Ex, FFXIII-2, etc. (not sure what other CE's use it). It's clean, stylish, opens up like a book and at least you don't crease it trying to open it. :lol

Bowdz

Question about squadmate with spoilers. I'm only 9 hours in:

When do you actually get Ashley back on your squad? She was recovering in the hospital, I got the email saying Udina asked her to be a Spectre, went to talk, then I got the next email saying she accepted and to meet her at the hospital. She is nowhere to be found in the hospital or anywhere. Am I missing something or does she just go awol?

GSR

Question: did Udina take over being couselor from Anderson or is my save file fucked up? I got a save from ME2saves.com that said the person chose Anderson for human counselor but there's Udina in his place.

Also, Jessica Chobot's face is even worse in motion...but that body is still killer. Hell, all the women's bodies are killer in this game. I didn't want to kill that Miranda-like chick on Mars because she was fun to look at. ha.

Udina takes over from Anderson in between ME2 and ME3, it's mentioned in some tie-in book or other.

Zeliard

Check his codex entry. He
stepped down in order to go do some real work down on Earth

bengraven

Oh okay, whew. Thanks guys. I already had to accept that in this save game the Council lived, despite me letting them die in ME1.

I was worried when I learned that Jack Wall wasn't doing the soundtrack for ME3, but godDAMN is the music incredible.

This game has really great sound engineering but it really only comes through with a proper 5.1 sound system. It really doesn't have the same punch at all when I'm just wearing my Logitech G35 headset, and those aren't terrible headphones.

Zeliard

Oh okay, whew. Thanks guys. I already had to accept that in this save game the Council lived, despite me letting them die in ME1.

They're different I think, no? When I met them in ME3 they mentioned disapprovingly that I was the guy who "let the Council die for human causes" or something.

Edit: oh nm, thought you meant that your decision didn't carry over

SUCCESS!!!

Man i got the N7 at best buy this morning, they only had two...i jumped in front of some guys who were trying to muscle me out of it even though i had been waiting for two damn hours before the store opened... Got the regular edition and the from ashes dlc at gamestop last night.

Soooo needless to say I have an extra From Ashes DLC...

FREE FROM ASHES DLC CODE goes to the first person to reply with how to show me how to get the code for my mass effect 2 character..I imported from 1, and when i go to the character in 2, it doesn't show me any code, only when i go to create a new face...

so how do i get my original character's code??

SUCCESS!!!

Man i got the N7 at best buy this morning, they only had two...i jumped in front of some guys who were trying to muscle me out of it even though i had been waiting for two damn hours before the store opened... Got the regular edition and the from ashes dlc at gamestop last night.

FREE FROM ASHES DLC CODE goes to the first person to reply with how to show me how to get the code for my mass effect 2 character..I imported from 1, and when i go to the character in 2, it doesn't show me any code, only when i go to create a new face...

You don't.

Free from ashes please.

jett

D-Member
How much does your final choice in ME2(regarding preserving info on the reapers for the Illusive Man) matter in this game?

LegoArmo

SUCCESS!!!

http://fuckyeah-masseffect.tumblr.com/post/18171019818/importing-your-me1-sheps-face-into-me3

?

SUCCESS!!!

http://fuckyeah-masseffect.tumblr.com/post/18171019818/importing-your-me1-sheps-face-into-me3

?

edit: LMAO beaten

bengraven

They're different I think, no? When I met them in ME3 they mentioned disapprovingly that I was the guy who "let the Council die for human causes" or something.

Edit: oh nm, thought you meant that your decision didn't carry over

No, these are the same councilors as ME1. I'm just trying to pretend that they were replaced by very similar looking members of their own race. hahaha

Derrick01

Banned
How much does your final choice in ME2(regarding preserving info on the reapers for the Illusive Man) matter in this game?

So far a few hours in
it doesn't seem like too much but it's hard to tell. I destroyed the base and all that I have noticed is that the Illusive Man mentioned it to me during our brief chat and I think Shepard or Liara brought it up once in a conversation. Nothing major yet.

I'm actually really enjoying this game so far. This whole having 0 expectations thing I started doing is really paying off for me this year.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Got my CE and am downloading everything right now.
3AQmK.gif

Unfortunately I have a family dinner event to attend tonight that got thrown at me last minute.
LLShC.gif

Hopefully I can duck out gracefully with the excuse that I'm opening tomorrow since they know I have to get up at 3:45 AM for that.

I have spent the last two hours doing nothing but exploring, talking and just upgrading stuff. I am losing myself to the world, it is so detailed, so much fun to just listen to stories like this asari in the hospital. I have gone over every inch of the normandy, I love the new changes. I think I am really going to dig the galaxy readiness feature, there seems like there is a lot to do. Anyone that thinks there wont be much customizing options should know there is a ton for the weapons, it is not messy like ME1 but it is far deeper than ME2. I had a really interesting comversation with Vega, maybe he isnt a throw away character.

I absolutely love the way Bioware creates its worlds and fills them with interesting people, ME3 is no different. I never understood the people that beat these games in like 20 hours, it is impossible to see everything the game has to offer on one playthrough if you finish that fast.

But it is time to get back to the shooting, lets go kick some ass.

otakuderek

I hate being stuck at work until 8pm tonight. I just want to continue from last night! I left myself on a cliff hanger. Good thing I am off all day tomorrow!

soldat7

I bought all the DLC for ME2 but never played it (you're welcome BioWare.) Is any of it necessary prior to jumping into ME3?

Top Bottom