• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Welp.

Copied in someone else's GamerSetting.ini, still not saving.

I do not want to call tech support. Urge to kill rising. I found out that it actually is deleting files in the Save folder.

Zeliard

No, these are the same councilors as ME1. I'm just trying to pretend that they were replaced by very similar looking members of their own race. hahaha

Haha well if you actually did let them die that's pretty much exactly what happens, except for the fact that
the Salarian Councillor is now a female
, which is pretty neat. They still seem like bureaucratic asses, though. Haven't had much interaction with them yet.

Haha well if you actually did let them die that's pretty much exactly what happens, except for the fact that
the Salarian Councillor is now a female
, which is pretty neat. They still seem like bureaucratic asses, though. Haven't had much interaction with them yet.

I want my "Reapers" moment so badly. So much so that I went and edited my save file to keep the Council alive. I better get that.

Question about squadmate with spoilers. I'm only 9 hours in:

When do you actually get Ashley back on your squad? She was recovering in the hospital, I got the email saying Udina asked her to be a Spectre, went to talk, then I got the next email saying she accepted and to meet her at the hospital. She is nowhere to be found in the hospital or anywhere. Am I missing something or does she just go awol?
Keep playing. She'll be available after a point in the main quest.

I bought all the DLC for ME2 but never played it (you're welcome BioWare.) Is any of it necessary prior to jumping into ME3?

Without having played ME3 to know the exact ramifications, I'm guessing there probably isn't any essential ME2 DLC.

That being said, Shadow Broker is very good DLC, and I'm guessing there should be some consequences that come out of it for ME3. Arrival might be the most important to ME3, although it's merely an average piece of DLC. Kasumi and Overlord can likely be skipped, as they didn't seem to have a notable impact on the Mass Effect universe.

Gartikker

I'm sorry, if it's been answered many times already, but if anyone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately i don't have my previous saves anymore due to my harddrive breaking, are there options to choose from what happened previously or am i skrewed?

Anyone? By the way, it's the 360 version.

Xamdou

Ready!

MassEffect3CollectorsEdition.jpg

Dling the From Ashes dlc right now...

How do I access the Game sountrack? (C.E)

Megasoum

Banned
Question about the "From Ashes" DLC...minor DLC spoiler I guess

Is the From Ashes mission the one on Eden Prime? Origin says it's installed but I can't find any indications in-game that its actually activated. I got the mail to go to Eden Prime and it's talking about Protheans so I guess that's it?

Ah Derp I'm an idiot. So the From Ashes DLC code you get from the collector's edition is supposed to be redeemed on Origin, not BSN. Sigh, 5 minutes of my life I'm not getting back lol

CrazyDude

Is the From Ashes mission the one on Eden Prime? Origin says it's installed but I can't find any indications in-game that its actually activated. I got the mail to go to Eden Prime and it's talking about Protheans so I guess that's it?

That is the one.

Can anyone who has the 360 or ps3 version say if the text is the same size as ME2 or is it bigger?

Derrick01

Banned

Yes.

First time at Citadel right now

Question: did Udina take over being couselor from Anderson or is my save file fucked up? I got a save from ME2saves.com that said the person chose Anderson for human counselor but there's Udina in his place.

Also, Jessica Chobot's face is even worse in motion...but that body is still killer. Hell, all the women's bodies are killer in this game. I didn't want to kill that Miranda-like chick on Mars because she was fun to look at. ha.

About the counselor,
the codex explains that Anderson got sick & tired of the political bullshit and quit. Udina was promoted to replace Anderson.

I know, I was surprised too. But his actions showed that, secretly, he's not a doucher.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
How do I access the Game sountrack? (C.E)
At social.bioware.com, there's a Games tab on the top. Under that, go to ME3 => Soundtrack.

For all you CE owners out there, under your registered game promos, is there an entry for the CE? I only have an entry for the soundtrack, From Ashes, and the online pass. I assume since I can download the soundtrack, the system knows I have the CE, but you can never be sure. When do I get the special CE goodies to confirm that the game recognizes that I have bought the CE? Thanks!

GSR

At social.bioware.com, there's a Games tab on the top. Under that, go to ME3 => Soundtrack.

For all you CE owners out there, under your registered game promos, is there an entry for the CE? I only have an entry for the soundtrack, From Ashes, and the online pass. I assume since I can download the soundtrack, the system knows I have the CE, but you can never be sure. When do I get the special CE goodies to confirm that the game recognizes that I have bought the CE? Thanks!

You'll get the CE goodies when you get the chance to move around the Normandy freely; they'll be automatically added to your inventory.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wow that trick for getting our ME1 face do not work at all. Now my redhair ponytail femshep is bald with white eyebrows.

Zeliard

No, I am pretty sure that it is led by Udina. There still three others beside him.

I let the Council die and in my game it's just 3 different people from the same races - Turian, Salarian and Asari, though still human-led. In ME2 I think they don't even bother to speak with you if you let the original ones die. Dunno how you get an all-human council. Doesn't even make much sense. Humans are the hot diggity due to Jesus Shep, but giving them every seat on the Council seems kinda dumb.

CrazyDude

I let the Council die and in my game it's just 3 different people from the same races - Turian, Salarian and Asari, though still human-led. In ME2 I think they don't even bother to speak with you if you let the original ones die. Dunno how you get an all-human council. Doesn't even make much sense. Humans are the hot diggity due to Jesus Shep, but giving them every seat on the Council seems kinda dumb.

You have to be renegade in the first one and let the council die in the first. You were paragon and let the council die.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You have to be renegade in the first one and let the council die in the first. You were paragon and let the council die.

I wonder how that will be decided in the PS3 version. I let the council die but being paragon/renegade doesn't mean anything since it was in the motion comic. I was paragon in ME2 so maybe that'll shape it.

Zeliard

I definitely wasn't paragon, but I haven't played ME1 in ages, so I don't recall what happened exactly.

I remember some inkling about an all-human council but I don't remember any indication of that in ME2. Did Bioware just get rid of that possibility?

i-Lo

I just changed the male shep to female shep using the gibbed editor. My question is whether I can change the last save game instead of having to do it for all of the save games?

TekDragon

Banned
Just read the stories on Rock Paper Shotgun, IGN, and Kotaku on Bioware's money grab tactics for this game, including forcing people to experience a shitty single player ending unless they grind multiplayer or spend money.

WTF Bioware?

Grakl

Played ME1 and ME2, loved ME1 but not especially ME2. Should I bite the bullet and finish the story by buying ME3? Are the hyperboles in reviews somewhat correct?

Top Bottom