• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

kingkaiser

yeah, that mars track is fantastic and reminds me of the awesome synthesizer sound from ME 1

but nothing will ever beat my two favourite tracks from the first game namely:

Wards

Noveria

oh and just found Noveria Ambiance, that wasn't on the ost either, what a shame

Noveria Ambiance

jonah777

Xpadder + Razer Onza is a go... thanks to whoever suggested that to me. Difference is night and day for me... huge improvement in my play. I do miss auto-aim on zoom though. >_>

26 hours guys!

1414555.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Except it is just his opinion. Why is your opinion more valid then his anyways? I wasn't aware that reviewers aren't allowed to have a favorite series. If X says the ME series is his favorite, why is that opinion wrong? Because you don't agree therefore you're right and he's wrong?

it's amazing how you dismiss a review simply because he likes what you don't like. Serious. You people complain when reviewers have a hivemind and rate COD high, yet, demand them to give your favorite games perfect scores or else they're wrong/

He's allowed to have an opinion but since his scores count and he works for the biggest game site around he has more influence on people (and the industry, they love their metacritic scores) and since he ya know, writes for a living, I'm assuming he can back a statement like that up.

I'm of the belief that it's unlikely for a veteran of the wrpg genre to believe that the ME series has the best story. And he even went further since he didn't say best RPG story, he said best game story ever. But who knows maybe 3 makes up for the solid ME1 story and non-existant ME2 story, so much so that it pulls it into best ever category (extremely unlikely with Mac Walters as the lead writer).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Hey folks.

I've pretty much been on blackout for ME3 up until this point. Sorry if this question has been answered, but do we know how much in-depth they're going to go when it comes to what carries over from ME2 (and to a lesser extent, ME1...)? Is it going to be game-changing if I don't have anything to carry over?

Hey folks.

I've pretty much been on blackout for ME3 up until this point. Sorry if this question has been answered, but do we know how much in-depth they're going to go when it comes to what carries over from ME2 (and to a lesser extent, ME1...)? Is it going to be game-changing if I don't have anything to carry over?

Define game-changing.

Pollux

So is the only difference, content wise, between the regular edition and collectors edition of ME3 the day one DLC is included in the collector's edition?

Dresden

The wait is going to kill me.

I might just cancel my amazon preorder and go preorder at gamestop for the midnight launch.

zmoney said:
So is the only difference, content wise, between the regular edition and collectors edition of ME3 the day one DLC is included in the collector's edition?
And some other stuff like an in-game hoodie, I believe.

e: "A number of free Downloadable Content packs:
N7 Arsenal Pack: Contains the N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle, N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Eagle Pistol.[4]
A Robotic Dog: A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack: New outfits for Ashley, Kaidan, James Vega, and Liara T'Soni.
N7 Hoodie: Outfit item for Shepard while onboard the Normandy.
From Ashes: An additional downloadable mission and character."

soultron

Banned
Goodness me. The music (ME3 and the old stuff) is giving me a nostalgia blast. Gonna listen to the new soundtrack tonight.

The Mars track is nutty. So good.

Dany

Banned

CE also gets N7 guns, shepard also has a casual hoodie and a robot dog for the normandy.

Plus an artbook, steel case, n7 patch for shirts and the soundtrack

Bowdz

yeah, that mars track is fantastic and reminds me of the awesome synthesiser sound from ME 1

but nothing will ever beat my two favourite tracks from the first game namely:

Wards

Noveria

It's incredible to go between the ME3 soundtrack and these tracks and hear the difference in tone and atmosphere. ME1's soundtrack was such a masterpiece because most of the game had tracks like the two above that were very hypnotic and mysterious and really highlighted the vast unexplored nature of the galaxy. By Virmire, the soundtrack started to coalesce into a more fast paced action track to highlight the urgency of the main quest. Some of my favorite are:

Exit: (I love 0-0:21 because of the memories of the VS choice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54hkP3a2SyQ

Illos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKsCXXQaEA&feature=related

Pollux

You also get a hoodie (I think) and a mechanical dog that runs around the Normandy.

Alright. Pre-Ordered at Gamestop but will swing by Best Buy tuesday morning and try and snag a collector's edition. If not, I just put the 5 dollars down at Gamestop for the regular one, and will get that instead if Best Buy is sold out.

Well, as in...there will be a noticeable difference in the course of how the game is played if I don't have prior game data as opposed to having something to carry over.

I don't think there will be huge differences, that doesn't seem to be how BioWare does things. Things like Wreav for Wrex, probably.

I'm still importing my Mass Genocide run just to see.

jimmy5150

Anyone with amazon orders not have the argus rifle listed in your order details? Will I still get mine?

I have an Argus Rifle code listed underneath the game code. Should be able to see it in your Amazon account page or an HTML document in the bundle of stuff you downloaded from Amazon. It wasn't listed in my e-mail order details either.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I have an Argus Rifle code listed underneath the game code. Should be able to see it in your Amazon account page or an HTML document in the bundle of stuff you downloaded from Amazon.

Just use their online support during whatever hours it is up, it is very quick, at least the one time I used it, spoke with a rep within 5 minutes.

Hawk269

Story Mode or RPG Mode...Whats the difference? Is RPG Mode the Ultimate mode where it is a bit of Action and Story with more RPG elements ala ME1?

Story Mode or RPG Mode...Whats the difference? Is RPG Mode the Ultimate mode where it is a bit of Action and Story with more RPG elements ala ME1?

Story: Full decisions, shitty combat
RPG: Normal mode in regular games
Action: Shitty/auto decision, great combat.

In my opinion, after playing all modes, only RPG Mode is any fun.

Zeal

Banned
Maybe I'm an evil asshole, but I would much rather work with Ceberus than the Alliance. Gonna be pretty ticked off if I don't at least have the option to align with them in some way in ME3.

Their technology and attitude is just that much cooler. And I dig the Illusive Man's style.

Replicant

FFFFFFFFF!!! I think I just got spoiled in regards to one of the side characters' plot point. The thing is, I wasn't even in that side character's topic. This is what I get for wandering into Bioware's Social Forum.

Top Bottom