• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Moaradin

FFFFFFFFF!!! I think I just got spoiled in regards to one of the side characters' plot point. The thing is, I wasn't even in that side character's topic. This is what I get for wandering into Bioware's Social Forum.

Don't go anywhere near Bioware forums. Spoiler galore there.

Mindlog

Mass Effect OST spinoffs?
Bryan El - Solaris XL (in space!)

I don't plan on selling my CE stuff. I'm not pressed for cash or anything, but goddamn. The opportunity cost creeps into my head. I am paying way too much to hold onto the DLC.

Bowdz

Maybe I'm an evil asshole, but I would much rather work with Ceberus than the Alliance. Gonna be pretty ticked off if I don't at least have the option to align with them in some way in ME3.

Their technology and attitude is just that much cooler. And I dig the Illusive Man's style.

One of my biggest gripes about ME2 was the fact that at the final choice
you never got the option to hand the Collector base over to the Alliance.
Despite playing Paragon for almost all of my play-throughs, I hate the fact that Shepard seems to want to throw away research that was obtained in an unethical manner.
Yes, the Collector base was a mass graveyard for humanity, but the Illusive Man was correct in that it is utterly foolish to throw it away before the Reapers arrive. I would never give it over to a xenocentric terrorist organization, but in a scenario with more options, I would phone up Hackett and pass the base over to the Alliance for research.

Mass Effect OST spinoffs?
Bryan El - Solaris XL (in space!)

I don't plan on selling my CE stuff. I'm not pressed for cash or anything, but goddamn. The opportunity cost creeps into my head. I am paying way too much to hold onto the DLC.

DAT MILKYWAY. I have to admit, as far as galaxies go, we are pretty damn aesthetic.

hlhbk

This wait is killing me. I have the game sitting on my HDD from the origin preload and I want to play it so bad. Luckily outside of the first level of the demo 0% of the game has been spoiled for me! :D

ShaneB

Dammit, I want to avoid this thread until I'm finished my playthrough, but if there's going to be posts of Mass Effect-esque music, I'll be checking things out more than I'd like.
KuGsj.gif

i-Lo

FFFFFFFFF!!! I think I just got spoiled in regards to one of the side characters' plot point. The thing is, I wasn't even in that side character's topic. This is what I get for wandering into Bioware's Social Forum.

It's mine field of spoiler out there. I am so paranoid, I am blacking out the surrounding screen on youtube vids pertaining to ME in general (incl. soundtracks). Those trolls in comment section can fuck things up real fast.

Bowdz

This is a little off topic, but I have always felt like ME has a very Blade Runner-esque feel to it in certain parts (Omega, some of the Nightclubs, Illium) and the music manages to hit some of the same notes as Vangelis. In the spirit of posting awesome sci-fi/Mass Effect music, this is one of the best scenes of all time and one that I am sure the ME art team took inspiration from (at least in terms of color palette and tone):

Blade Runner: Zhora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBUgk3wm1hg

rozay

Banned
This is a little off topic, but I have always felt like ME has a very Blade Runner-esque feel to it in certain parts (Omega, some of the Nightclubs, Illium) and the music manages to hit some of the same notes as Vangelis. In the spirit of posting awesome sci-fi/Mass Effect music, this is one of the best scenes of all time and one that I am sure the ME art team took inspiration from (at least in terms of color palette and tone):

Blade Runner: Zhora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBUgk3wm1hg
I never got this kind of a vibe from ME2 unfortunately, and I'm entirely sure I won't find it in ME3 as well.

Who else is going to hunt for links to the ME3 DLC on xbox.com tonight? I'll probably be searching from 12AM-5AM but I at least have a reason to be up lol

LuchaShaq

Banned
You're not a professional reviewer (I'm assuming). I expect reviewers to be extremely knowledgeable of the genre if they're going to make statements like that and I'd like to see how he can defend that crazy statement when there's probably a dozen RPGs that have better stories and writing than any of the ME games, other than throwing out a lame "uhh..it's just my opinion!" statement and letting it rest.

I'll take the universe/characters in ME over basically anything except maybe Persona 4.

Just because the plot in 2 isn't strong doesn't mean the writing for the individual characters/universe as a whole isn't great.

Despite playing Paragon for almost all of my play-throughs, I hate the fact that Shepard seems to want to throw away research that was obtained in an unethical manner.
Yes, the Collector base was a mass graveyard for humanity, but the Illusive Man was correct in that it is utterly foolish to throw it away before the Reapers arrive. I would never give it over to a xenocentric terrorist organization, but in a scenario with more options, I would phone up Hackett and pass the base over to the Alliance for research.

I'm not sure how that would work.
Cerberus is well prepared for this moment. They would presumably jump on that shit as soon as possible. Way quicker than you could get any sizable alliance crew there to fend them off, and there's a decent chance the alliance would doubt Shepard at that point (or be too slowed down by bureaucracy).

So nothing short of Shepard bunkering down inside the base and killing everything Cerberus throws at him would work.

Bowdz

I never got this kind of a vibe from ME2 unfortunately, and I'm entirely sure I won't find it in ME3 as well.

I agree about the noir tone of the scene, but the neon color palettes and dreary atmosphere definitely found their way into the ME universe in some capacity. I wish Bioware had been able to capture more of the gritty and aimless feel of Blade Runner in ME, or maybe it is just my incredible desire to see a true videogame version of Blade Runner.

Einbroch

Banned
It seems like interactions with characters don't effect your Renegade/Paragon points. You can be nice to your teammates and stay Renegade, or douchebags if you hate them and stay Paragon.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I agree about the noir tone of the scene, but the neon color palettes and dreary atmosphere definitely found their way into the ME universe in some capacity. I wish Bioware had been able to capture more of the gritty and aimless feel of Blade Runner in ME, or maybe it is just my incredible desire to see a true videogame version of Blade Runner.

The Blade Runner PC game was amazing. Did you never play it?

prwxv3

Has anyone seen any recent threads on /v/ about ME3? Oh my god they are glorious. Full to the brim with hyperbole and rage. Most of the posts are complaining about the most retarded things. I would not go lurking for them if you dont want to get spoiled though.

When the game finally comes out the shit storm on /v/ is going to be glorious. I also expect many ME3 love threads some time after release just like what happened with skyrim (IE hated to high hell before release, hated less loved more after release)

Hawk269

Any estimates on how long the game is suppose to be compared to ME1 or ME2?

And since I have not kept up with the game much since I wanted to be on a blackout...what is the day 1 DLC? How Much is it and is it substantial or something small?

rozay

Banned

And since I have not kept up with the game much since I wanted to be on a blackout...what is the day 1 DLC? How Much is it and is it substantial or something small?
Some people who've already played it say it's substantial but there isn't really a "hole" in the game if you don't have it while others feel it should be in the game. It's $10 and if you have been a fan since ME1 you'll probably want to buy it. Just avoid reading the description and looking at the image for it if you want to stay in the dark because they spell out plainly what the DLC is about.

Bowdz

I've heard that the main plot it roughly 20 hours long or very comparable to the other main story arcs in length (and the amount of sidequests is comparable to the previous games as well).

The main DLC will feature a new squad member. The jury is still out on how important the character is in the main game, but it sounds like the mission and character are more than just a throw away DLC package.

Has anyone seen any recent threads on /v/ about ME3? Oh my god they are glorious. Full to the brim with hyperbole and rage. Most of the posts are complaining about the most retarded things. I would not go lurking for them if you dont want to get spoiled though.

When the game finally comes out the shit storm on /v/ is going to be glorious. I also expect many ME3 love threads some time after release just like what happened with skyrim (IE hated to high hell before release, hated less loved more after release)

/v/ long ago decided to hate ME3 no matter what, so not a surprise at all. I feel sorry for the people so easily influenced.

I was watching a stream, the level design is much improved over ME2

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

From what I'm reading, that will largely depend on one of two things, as well as how this wraps up the Trilogy. Like as not, ME3 can't really be judged solely on its own merit.

Casey Hudson said in an interview 20ish hours for the main storyline, 40ish with all the side missions.

GSR

It seems like interactions with characters don't effect your Renegade/Paragon points. You can be nice to your teammates and stay Renegade, or douchebags if you hate them and stay Paragon.

This actually makes sense; since Paragon/Renegade is now tied to your reputation, it doesn't really make sense to have Shepard being a dick to Ashley improve his ability to intimidate an uncooperative politician into sitting down and shutting up. I mean, it's not like it made sense under the old system either, but it seems like Bioware's recognized that.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Missed reading this thread and already 88 pages.
Has there been any work on import bonuses?

All we know of for sure (I think, not sure if more info has come out) is that if you import from ME2, you start at Level 30.

Other import bonuses depend on your decisions in ME1 and 2.

haikira

Does anyone know exactly when it unlocks via origin for the states? Also I'm guessing here in the UK, it unlocks the same as the street date which is Friday?

Pollux

All we know of for sure (I think, not sure if more info has come out) is that if you import from ME2, you start at Level 30.

Other import bonuses depend on your decisions in ME1 and 2.

Also, did I read correctly that your equipment carries over with you from ME2 to ME3?

Question guys.

I have a North American LIVE account with a NTSC 360. I'm overseas now, if I get a PAL Mass Effect 2 which is region free, will I be able to download the DLC from my American account and play it or does the disc have to be NTSC as well?

Basically is the DLC region locked? I really want to play Lair Of The Shadow Broker before ME3 comes out.

Thanks.

Hawk269

For the PC version, does anyone know if the dialog wheel is going to be bigger? I started playing ME2 on PC and the Dialog Wheel is appropriately sized versus the demo of ME3 where the dialog wheel is really small.

Does anyone know this?

I ordered the combo pack of regular game + the N7 Collectors Strategy Guide from Amazon.

The N7 Strategy guide states that it provides access to the online version, but the way it is stated could also mean it's just the MP-portion of it. Can I access the full e-guide when I buy the N7-guide? Pretty handy because I play with a monitor next to me all the time.

PrimaGames said:
The Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition guide includes the following exclusive content:
• Hardcover with a metallic finish - Protect the quality 80# interior paper
• Behind-the-Scenes at BioWare - Exclusive photos, art, and interviews. Learn how the team created the Mass Effect universe from Cinematics to Characters, Art, Audio, and more
• BONUS Digital Guide Access - With interactive multiplayer maps and video strategy
• See Mass Effect 3 like never before - Discover environments and parts of the game you won't see anywhere else. Panoramic views will leave you amazed

DTKT

For the PC version, does anyone know if the dialog wheel is going to be bigger? I started playing ME2 on PC and the Dialog Wheel is appropriately sized versus the demo of ME3 where the dialog wheel is really small.

No clue. Best guess? Not much will change between the demo and this. Even less so for the PC version.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Anyone else with Origin not have the AT-12 Raider or M-55 Argus show up anywhere? Theyre not in my registered game content on BSN, haven't gotten any email codes, meanwhile the Kingdoms of Amalur stuff is on BSN, but none of it shows up in Origin itself, all thats there is what came with the DDE, ie From Ashes, Sountrack, N7 Pack and ME Artwork.

Im guessing Ill get some kind of email or update when the game is released, but juts checking to make sure Im not missing anything.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Good. I don't have time for 70h+ RPGs anymore.

They don't expire. One 70h+ RPG just lasts you as long as two 35+ hour RPGs, at half the cost.

No rush to complete, no time limits, so how much time you have really doesn't apply. If it takes you a month, 3 months, or 6 months, doesn't matter. :)

Does anyone know exactly when it unlocks via origin for the states? Also I'm guessing here in the UK, it unlocks the same as the street date which is Friday?

http://help.ea.com/article/mass-effect-3-release-schedule

haikira

Fans of the Mars OST track should check out Com Truise, for reals. Also, review copy finished. Video games.

Absolutely love that Com Truise track. I think I've had some of their stuff pop up on Last.fm/Spotify but never paid them much attention. Think I will be now.

Any word on when reviews will be up? With the exception of listening to the first few tracks from the OST, I've been on blackout since the demo. So I won't be reading/watching any of them. But I'm just curious how close to release they're going up.

Absolutely love that Com Truise track. I think I've had some of their stuff pop up on Last.fm/Spotify but never paid them much attention. Think I will be now.

Any word on when reviews will be up? With the exception of listening to the first few tracks from the OST, I've been on blackout since the demo. So I won't be reading/watching any of them. But I'm just curious how close to release they're going up.

My embargo ends at 9AM PST, March 6th.

DAT MILKYWAY. I have to admit, as far as galaxies go, we are pretty damn aesthetic.

Regarding the Final Choice in ME2
The problem with any Reaper based technology is the threat of Indoctrination. In my eyes letting anyone have it, even the Alliance, is too great of a risk. Let the FUCKER burn!

Top Bottom