• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Snookie

Going to listen to the entire Mass Effect 1 OST today, and I just got my email saying my game will be ready for pickup tomorrw. I'm wondering if my best buy will have a midnight launch?

zonezeus

Sorry, I didn't have a ME1 or 2 save carried over, I started from scratch. I've played the series on 3 separate systems, so there was really no chance for me to port my saves.

My case exactly, I played ME1 on X360, then ME2 on PC and now I'm buying ME3 for PS3. I was curious whether ME3 gives you any way to influence past events from ME1 and 2, for example via some in-game dialogues or during character creation?

Derrick01

Banned
This confusion on the game modes could have been prevented if Bioware just made the normal game and stopped pandering to action bros.

Glad to hear it's around 40 hours though. That's about the same time it took me to beat the first 2, but I spent about 5 hours scanning in ME2 so it was actually a little shorter than 1.

Rengoku

My case exactly, I played ME1 on X360, then ME2 on PC and now I'm buying ME3 for PS3. I was curious whether ME3 gives you any way to influence past events from ME1 and 2, for example via some in-game dialogues or during character creation?

There was only one menu after character creation that gives you the option to preset past events. You get 3 choices - You saved Kaiden, You saved Ashley, and Various (I forget exactly what this option was). From what I understand for ME2 on PS3 there was some kind of comic book that you could download from the cerberus network that would allow you to recap ME1 and set your choices there before starting the game. I couldn't find such a thing in ME3.

Autofokus

Hopefully, there will be a detailed breakdown of the story/action/rpg option before I can start the game by the end of the week.

Combat was never the reason why I loved the franchise, so whatever gives me the most dialog/decision options will be the way I go.

hqvJI.png

46059504-rage-gif-.gif

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall, when, during the development process, it was brought up that characters imported from ME 2 with appearances originating from ME 1 may be complicated. I'd love to have heard how they eventually deemed it to be acceptable to just leave it out.

Massa

Hopefully, there will be a detailed breakdown of the story/action/rpg option before I can start the game by the end of the week.

Combat was never the reason why I loved the franchise, so whatever gives me the most dialog/decision options will be the way I go.

Story mode makes the combat extra easy but it's the same encounters as RPG mode. Action mode is also the same game but it will pick certain dialog options instead of showing you the option.

Unless you want to be bored out of your mind during combat just pick the RPG option and play it like ME2 and ME1.

Feature

Banned
Can someone tell me if there's a quick recap / explanation of the previous games? Because I've probably forgotten some stuff + I'll have to start from zero as I played nr2 on the PS3 and going for a PC version this time.

Dave_6

My PS3 CE is showing 'shipping soon' from Amazon. Bad thing is I'm still going to try to find one for the 360 tomorrow.

If I walk into Best Buy tomorrow, what are the odds I'm going to be able to score a CE?

:/

If you get there as soon as they open, there's a possibility. Just go straight to the gaming area and ask someone or they may have them already on the shelf. Way better chance than if you tried a Gamestop or something.

LosDaddie

Banned
Anybody have an idea of how much the MP affects the SP? I want to get ME3, and have it preordered, but I'm seriously considering holding off for a couple months while I clear out a few backlog games.

But if the MP affects the SP story, then I'll just stick with my preorder and get the game tomorrow. (X360 version for me)

rakhir

Anybody have an idea of how much the MP affects the SP? I want to get ME3, and have it preordered, but I'm seriously considering holding off for a couple months while I clear out a few backlog games.

But if the MP affects the SP story, then I'll just stick with my preorder and get the game tomorrow. (X360 version for me)

IIRC it doesn't at all - it just helps you with arming the galaxy and you can do that by just playing SP, it's just a little bit easier with mp.

Reclaimer

If I walk into Best Buy tomorrow, what are the odds I'm going to be able to score a CE?

:/

Not sure, the Best Buy over here in the Bay Area said they weren't getting any more CEs, and all their preorders are booked.

I had ordered 2 CEs for 360 on Amazon, and....drumroll.... Just sold one on EBay for $145. Cue maniacal laughter.

Rengoku

The MP does affect the "Galactic Readiness" rating. This rating is determined by a bunch of other online components such as Co-op play, Facebook mini games, the iOS game etc. If you're a completionist, you don't need it. I was able to fill up the rating to about 95% without having to touch the online component at all.

Megasoum

Banned
So is there an actual offline mode in Origin? Similar to the Steam one? I never checked and I'm curious to see since it would be useful for tonight.

Derrick01

Banned
So is there an actual offline mode in Origin? Similar to the Steam one? I never checked and I'm curious to see since it would be useful for tonight.

You can play most of the games with Origin turned completely off, but I'm not sure how it works with games that require Origin like ME3 and BF3. I would imagine that wouldn't work with them, and I'm not aware of an actual offline mode.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've decided to buy some blue cheese, maybe some dip, and crackers to go with my beer for when I pick up ME3.

That's all I have to contribute.

Oh wait, one last thing.

To hell with everyone about to unlock it.

LosDaddie

Banned
IIRC it doesn't at all - it just helps you with arming the galaxy and you can do that by just playing SP, it's just a little bit easier with mp.

The MP does affect the "Galactic Readiness" rating. This rating is determined by a bunch of other online components such as Co-op play, Facebook mini games, the iOS game etc. If you're a completionist, you don't need it. I was able to fill up the rating to about 95% without having to touch the online component at all.

OK, thanks. I have been enjoying the MP demo (on XBL) so far. I'm a big fan of co-op gaming.

Still debating whether or not to get the game tomorrrow....:( Stupid backlog games.

I've decided to buy some blue cheese, maybe some dip, and crackers to go with my beer for when I pick up ME3.

That's all I have to contribute.

Oh wait, one last thing.

To hell with everyone about to unlock it.

To the murky depths of Hell, where you shall forever be trapped within the Bioware Social Network.

Top Bottom