• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Derrick01

Banned
Has there ever been a reason put out there for why Reapers need ground troops?

To indoctrinate, to harvest people and I would assume to make sure there's no trace or evidence of what happened for the next group of civilizations to take over the citadel (remember their pattern was originally taking the citadel out first like in ME1).

Reave

I like how she looks like the concept art of FemShep that we got to vote on, but both don't really look anything like the now default FemShep in game.

I have to agree with you on that. This trailer has a somewhat different hairstyle, and neither face looks as "youthy" as the concept art.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I like how she looks like the concept art of FemShep that we got to vote on, but both don't really look anything like the now default FemShep in game.

Blame the shitty engine they've been using the whole time. I can't wait to see what next-gen ME will look like.

Walking into a brick and mortar tomorrow would get you the game faster.

bricknmortar.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Tomorrow, when you're already playing it and no longer give a fuck
Will you guys please think about the EU people...

Edit: just checked my local store homepage. They have it and i can buy it today.

IT'S ON BITCHES!

Anyone pre-order on Amazon with 2 day prime shipping? It says the estimated delivery date is the 9th which is 3-4 days, definitely not acceptable if I'm paying for faster shipping service.

Phinor

At what point were we supposed to choose between RPG-action-story? I imported a character and have not encountered such choice an hour into the game.

d00d3n

Probably super late here, but the game works on pc using a korean dns to pass origin drm (vpn did not work properly at this stage for me, maybe banned ip series at my vpn provider) and vpn to a korean standard time zone ip to pass ea release date check. No vpn is needed after activation.

spekkeh

Banned
Anyone pre-order on Amazon with 2 day prime shipping? It says the estimated delivery date is the 9th which is 3-4 days, definitely not acceptable if I'm paying for faster shipping service.

Not sure where you live, but here in Holland normal shipping usually amounts to 2 days, 3 at most. Prime shipping always seemed like a pretty good way to throw away money to me.

Pc questions

Do you still need to click 'confirm', or can you double click to do shit in menus?

Can you scroll journal/ codex shit with mouse wheel?

Phinor

Did you ever look at the options menu?

Sure did. No such options there. Now there are choices for difficulty and conversations but nowhere in the options does it mention RPG/Action/Story which is quite confusing because that's what they advertised us in the first place. I just want to be 100% sure I have it on RPG.

HI EVERYBODY:

I have never really played a Mass Effect game. I played ME1 for about 20 minutes, stopped playing, and then never played it again. Would it be possible to jump into ME2 without playing through ME1? And then move up to ME3?

Solo

HI EVERYBODY:

I have never really played a Mass Effect game. I played ME1 for about 20 minutes, stopped playing, and then never played it again. Would it be possible to jump into ME2 without playing through ME1? And then move up to ME3?

Play ME1. Its integral to the franchise and its better than ME2.

RetroMG

I can't decide if I want to pick up my preorder for the standard edition at Gamestop tonight or try for the CE at Best Buy when they open tomorrow. Anyone? Thoughts?

HI EVERYBODY:

If you are dead set against playing the original Mass Effect, you definitely can. I think skipping the first game would be unfortunate, though, because it introduces the universe and story incredibly. Also, Mass Effect has, probably, the best game ending of any game released this generation. I personally prefer the game to Mass Effect 2, even with its warts.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

If you have Prime, why didn't you get free release date shipping?

EDIT: Beaten.

From now on, check for release date shipping. Almost every major game release gets release date shipping.

Sai

I can't decide if I want to pick up my preorder for the standard edition at Gamestop tonight or try for the CE at Best Buy when they open tomorrow. Anyone? Thoughts?
Just consider what you'll be waiting for. I personally don't think I need to get the bonus mission, weapons, and alternate outfits right away. 'cause of that, I'll be picking up a standard copy from Gamestop tonight(which I'm actually getting for a friend, but he's letting me play it while I wait for my CE).

Play ME1. Its integral to the franchise and its better than ME2.
There might be a reason why he stopped playing ME1 in the first place. Maybe he couldnt stand the combat and terrible inventory?
Maybe he won't like ME2's small scope and non-story. Who knows?
Lol, y'all ridiculous.

grkazan12

Does anyone to how I can get the game to notice my Mass Effect 2 save? On PC here, I just can't get it to show up in the import screen.

HI EVERYBODY:

According to Bioware you don't even need to do that! Mass Effect 3 is the perfect place to start the trilogy!

Moaradin

Just look up the story of ME1. That way you get the best thing out of it and don't have to deal with the other shit.

it's still a great game and worth playing but the gameplay was never considered good, especially now.

Just look up the story of ME1. That way you get the best thing out of it and don't have to deal with the other shit.

it's still a great game and worth playing but the gameplay was never considered good, especially now.

But to people who hated ME2 it's the best think to fucking happen to video games, period.

Ciastek3214

HI EVERYBODY:

You're missing the only good game in the series.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Watch ME2 go under the same rose-colored treatment after people are disappointed in ME3. :p

I honestly didn't like ME2 from the day it came out, and the demo for ME3 is already better than ME2. A more robust skill system goes a long way.

Top Bottom