• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

scarybore

Nice, when you go to import your ME2 save it tells you can choose any save from a career and it tells you all the important choices immediately on the right side of the screen. Huge improvement from ME2.

Nice, when you go to import your ME2 save it tells you can choose any save from a career and it tells you all the important choices immediately on the right side of the screen. Huge improvement from ME2.

Just to clarify for me; can you restructure the face of said imported file?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Less than a minute into my first ME3 release co-op match and I get a phone call from somebody having a "computer emergency" that I have to address. NOOOOOooOOOoooOOooo.

Anyone played the PC version? Are the cloth/armor textures just as bad as in the demo screenshots i've seen? They looked worse than in ME2.

Ive been palying ME2 recently, and the mass effect 3 demo.
Ive played ME2 with the high resolution texture pack, and without it (right now, the game is alt tabbed).
I can tell you, ME2's default textures were equally as horrible or even a little worse that what you see in the ME3 demo. You remember being the textures being better, thats all.

Megasoum

Banned
So I just want to make sure I understand how it works. Now that they have the new weight limit system, every classes can use any weapons but you are limited to how many weapons you can carry (except for soldiers who can carry everything).

Do we have any kind of "hard numbers" on that? For example, just how many weapons can an Adept carry around?

I played through 2 as a soldier but the way I see things right now, I think I might go Adept for ME3.

If I could play an Adept that carries for example an Assault Rifle + Pistol (or SMG) then this would be really bad ass. Sure I loose the sniper, shotgun and heavy weapon but I get a ton of awesome biotic abilities. And also, looks like the first rank of your mastery gives you some kind of adrenaline rush.

So, is such a build possible?

CAW

Surprisingly enough I can't seem to find any info on Origin's release window for ME3 digital deluxe edition. Any ideas? 12AM EST, 3AM EST or sometime in the afternoon tomorrow? Does anyone know for certain?

GSR

Surprisingly enough I can't seem to find any info on Origin's release window for ME3 digital deluxe edition. Any ideas? 12AM EST, 3AM EST or sometime in the afternoon tomorrow? Does anyone know for certain?

12 AM EST, though people are unlocking it right now via a Korean VPN.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ive been palying ME2 recently, and the mass effect 3 demo.
Ive played ME2 with the high resolution texture pack, and without it (right now, the game is alt tabbed).
I can tell you, ME2's default textures were equally as horrible or even a little worse that what you see in the ME3 demo. You remember being the textures being better, thats all.

I played ME2 two weeks ago with the default textures, and it never felt that bad compared to demo screenshots of the Earth mission.

Maybe the lightning depending on where i am has a lot to do with it. Or maybe i need to take a look again at those screenshots lol.

CAW

Awesome! Apprently I fail at using google, but hey, I have the GAF! ;)

Another quick question. It appears that the digital bonus stuff has unlocked and I can view the art and the comic. Is the comic safe to read or will it contain spoilers of any sort? Or is it a prequel to events that will unfold in ME3?

I flicked through the art book a bit but decided to close it out until I play the game as I noticed an updated character model and I really want to be shocked in-game.

The comic is called 'Invasion'.

Feature

Banned

If that's the case, it should be easy for them to implement a 'rebuild your save' option where you get a list of important things that happened during ME2, and you can choose your desired outcome. Especially handy when you've played ME2 on PS3 and are now moving to PC like me.

Lime

Anyone on PC can comment on its graphical effects compared to the demo? Is it the exact same or are there differences between the final product and the demo?

rozay

Banned
So I just want to make sure I understand how it works. Now that they have the new weight limit system, every classes can use any weapons but you are limited to how many weapons you can carry (except for soldiers who can carry everything).

Do we have any kind of "hard numbers" on that? For example, just how many weapons can an Adept carry around?

I played through 2 as a soldier but the way I see things right now, I think I might go Adept for ME3.

If I could play an Adept that carries for example an Assault Rifle + Pistol (or SMG) then this would be really bad ass. Sure I loose the sniper, shotgun and heavy weapon but I get a ton of awesome biotic abilities. And also, looks like the first rank of your mastery gives you some kind of adrenaline rush.

So, is such a build possible?

Yes you can, and the weapon load out screen will tell you how much of a casting boost you get.

Micerider

Has there ever been a reason put out there for why Reapers need ground troops?

Infiltration? I mean, when they don't JUST want to reduce all building to boulders and make sure that a specific job is done (like killing Sheppard, ravaging building makes it hard to have a Kill confirmation).

Sai

shinobi602, at least your order is likely to ship today... :(

* Sai keeps checking his Origin's Order Details.

That $14 I spent on expedited shipping won't mean much if I get it a week or more later. lol

Cool...is it a flat weight number by category (so every Assault Rifle weigh the same) or it's different for each model?
Weapons have different weights. I recall reading something about the Revenant weighing as much as the Widow.

ShaneB

ME2 told us
that they need to collect people(or whatever race they're harvesting) to turn into goo and to build new reapers, etc...
Mass Effect 2 spoiler, just in case folks are sensitive about that (but why are you in a ME3 thread if that's the case.

Given their general size I'd say it's more a comfort thing, besides they don't just destroy everything they also collect resources and kidnap organics for indoctrination and
reproduction as seen in ME2

CrazyDude

Im0Rh.png

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The importing works exactly as said before. Final ME2 level = Start ME3 level. I also got 20 extra points to distribute, though I don't know if that's standard or if it's a bonus for doing something specific. Also, ME1 faces indeed do not import. I had already prepared ahead of time for this using the demo to recreate my old face and saving the code. My Male Shep came out nearly perfect, but my Female Shep is going to be a bitch to get looking right.

I just got past the intro, and it was pretty much the same as the demo including Anderson's walking & running animations. I'll probably shut my mouth for the rest of the day about the game.

Top Bottom