• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

I really dislike how I have zero indicator of how hard a mission or area is when playing on Insanity.

Some of these boss battles are extremely long and I can't tell if that's just my level/gear or how it more or less is supposed to be.

I'm strongly considering putting the difficulty down because it just isn't fun not knowing and getting killed over and over.

Why do Mass Effect games continue to pretend to want to give you a real option as playing as anything but a white character? The voice acting really isn't there to support the point of being able to design your own protagonist. This some bullshit.

I made a lobby for one of the Gold difficulty Strike missions and 3 level 1 players join the room.

WHY

People still think Bronze Silver and Gold denote how skilled a player is and now how much gear/levels they have. I just refuse to press start and vote to kick them, and then back out if they don't get the point.

Zesh

Despite all of the issues I have with this game... the combat is just so damn fun. They've made Vanguard even better with all of the mobility options. Biotic Charge just never gets old.

CSJ

Anyone having issues with saves/reload randomly not working? It'll stay at 100% loaded forever, (well 5 mins+) until I restart the game and use an old save.

Annoying as fuck, it's happening more and more.

Neverwas

Anyone having issues with saves/reload randomly not working? It'll stay at 100% loaded forever, (well 5 mins+) until I restart the game and use an old save.

Yeah, I was hit with this issue twice last night. =/

Caayn

First time I encountered Assemblers in the singleplayer. One of my teammates instantly says:
Assemblers, careful they make other remnants.
Wait what, how does she know that? We've literally just met them.

Tomeru

I am very unhappy with the game, I just can't get over this deal, so I requested a refund. In the next second it was approved. Literally the next second. Is it usually this fast, or is the bad publicity doing it's thing?

Rellik

DA:I had a save bug that was never fixed so best thing to do is keep a million save files.

xCobalt

I'm doing the task to scan rocks but I cant seem to find one of the rocks on Voeld. The icon is right on top of Techiix. Am I blind or is it located on top of the ice structure?

Rellik

So how is this running on the pro guys and girls?
Does it give it that little extra ommph?

No 1080p mode so it's really bad on the tutorial level because of the lightning. Framerate was all over the place. It got better on the first planet. But I've not advanced past there yet.

Sooo (sibling spoiler)
I just talked to my bro in a coma thanks to space mind magic, told him that dad died and the golden worlds are a bust... well that didn't go so well. Here's hoping that I didn't screw something up for the future lol.

I lied both times and the camera cut to Dr. Carlyle giving an EPIC eye roll; it was worth it just for that reaction.

WHY ARE LEVEL 1 PLAYERS JOINING GOLD DIFFICULTY MISSIONS

WHY

WHY

They did that in ME3MP too, but of course, that usually happened with a high N7 rank and a nearly full manifest. With everyone having a fresh start in a new game it doesn't make much sense... a month or two down the road, maybe...

Anybody else lose like 10 frames (estimate, haven't been counting) since yesterday? No idea why. Exact same settings, but performance is worse :/

And I'm getting major slowdowns in conversations to boot. Like, it's actually desyncing the audio, it's that bad. Idk what's up.

Ascenion

I really wish the Insanity Trophy/Achievement was separate from the multiplayer one. Imo those two are not equivalent. You should not be able to spend as little as 5 hours and get the same thing as if you put the time in and finished the game on Insanity.

No 1080p mode so it's really bad on the tutorial level because of the lightning. Framerate was all over the place. It got better on the first planet. But I've not advanced past there yet.
This game isn't in 1080p??? I'm assuming there will be patches and stuff. I just found out the store never charged me for my PS4 Pro so I have extra cash laying around and want to buy it but that info makes me feel a little iffy.

I really wish the Insanity Trophy/Achievement was separate from the multiplayer one. Imo those two are not equivalent. You should not be able to spend as little as 5 hours and get the same thing as if you put the time in and finished the game on Insanity.
Agreed, especially since Insanity is easily the hardest of the previous games.

nOoblet16

This game isn't in 1080p??? I'm assuming there will be patches and stuff. I just found out the store never charged me for my PS4 Pro so I have extra cash laying around and want to buy it but that info makes me feel a little iffy.

What he means is that the game only has an 1800P mode on Pro and it has framerate issues

Coxy100

Banned
Damn the multiplayer feels rough. Feels so shoddy compared to ME3

It's fun - but just feels a bit amateur. In terms of transition between waves and no voiceover etc

Single player - loving it

Game is growing on me but my fuck is the performance on Base ps4 bad. I'm rarely getting 30fps. It's probably hitting 30 just about in indoor areas but outside.... Yeah nah say goodbye to that.

Ushay

It's fun - but just feels a bit amateur. In terms of transition between waves and no voiceover etc

The good thing is it will have continual support and updates.

Kyoufu

The new races aren't as good either.

But the combat is much better than ME3's so I'd find it hard to go back.

Coxy100

Banned
The good thing is it will have continual support and updates.

Hope so! It needs some work - just so unlike Bioware.

Not got that far in single player yet but that feels better. But again a step back from ME3 somehow. Seems less fluid.

Still fun, just not as good as I'd hoped it would be

Laiza

WHY ARE LEVEL 1 PLAYERS JOINING GOLD DIFFICULTY MISSIONS

WHY

WHY
I made a lobby for one of the Gold difficulty Strike missions and 3 level 1 players join the room.

WHY
Exactly what I'm dealing with.

I think the problem is that they're joining from the single-player strike team UI, which does NOT mention that gold difficulty is recommended for level 18+ characters, nor does it mention that multiplayer progression is completely separate from single player progression, hence you have all these new players jumping in who have no idea what they're getting into.

Feels like it's gonna take awhile for folks to realize that level 1 characters in gold is a complete waste of time.

I felt that way during the trial but I slowly got used to it, no where near as smooth as me3 though.

So is there no way to direct your squadmates what powers to use? Right now I've got Jaal and Drack with me for their Energy Drain and Incinerate abilities, but they just use them when they want to.

Hope so! It needs some work - just so unlike Bioware.

Not got that far in single player yet but that feels better. But again a step back from ME3 somehow. Seems less fluid.

Still fun, just not as good as I'd hoped it would be
really seems like they got multiplayer to a "just functional enough" state then went all hands on deck to get the SP campaign shipped on time

nOoblet16

Drack: What's with the smudge on the eyes, trying to be some kind of superhero?
Peebee: What's with the bones on your face, trying to be some sort of supervillain?
Drack: Yes

The galaxy map feels so boring, annoying to browse through now. Disappointed in that, used to spend ages going through all the planets now I feel like I can't be bothered. The pacing of the game doesn't help. Whoever the reviewer was who said it feels like a direct to video sequel was spot on, it feels like it at times. I still like it but that buzz I got from my initial play throughs of the OT just isn't there.

Freeman76

Just watched some PRO footage on youtube and the FPS seemed a lot better than on the EA demo I tried on XB1. Anyone got impressions?

Did anyone try the new level in multiplayer? It's really pretty I even got matched with people as the host the first time that's happened since last weekend and every single time my entire party would get dropped as the 6th wave started good thing they canceled that beta.

RAIDEN1

It's like every other day new issues with the game are coming up! First with the problems in finishing side-quests, now the need to save every single step of the way!!! What's going on? Is it best to wait for the game to go in the bargain bin? Or hell PS +?

Laekon

First time I encountered Assemblers in the singleplayer. One of my teammates instantly says:
Assemblers, careful they make other remnants.
Wait what, how does she know that? We've literally just met them.

It's a video game. How is everyone calling them the Remnant when PeeBee named them that on her own? How are there research plans for Remnant tech that talks about how it was modified by the initiative? How did the initiative
outcast
take over a
planet from the Kett
?

The story is full of bugs you just have to ignore.

My side mission team, APEX or what ever they are called, can't seem to win. I've sent them on 4 missions, with a 70% chance for success, and they have lost them all. Though maybe its because the initiative only has shuttles.

Top Bottom