• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

I feel like I need a break from WWE. NJPW looks a little lost in the Bullet Club story, and the wrestlers there all seem worn out. ROH might be my break, but I see a name like Cedric Alexander and feel hard to give a shit. Chikara lost me with the shutdown story, and I'm not watching CZW or IWA-MS. Maybe I should check out PROGRESS or SHIMMER soon.

New Paige:
tumblr_n1vdrrx8AL1sx191ko1_500.png

strobogo

Banned
They should go with "It's like Netflix for wrestling (or sports entertainment)" instead of "It's like Netflix, but better." The later sounds like they're taking a shot at Netflix for no reason. The former sounds like what they actually mean and what the Network really is. It isn't like a better Netflix. It is a Netflix devoted to one specific genre.

"We're better than Netflix because we're more expensive and are devoted specifically to one thing!". That doesn't make sense. Being the Netflix of wrestling makes perfect sense.

Gorillaz

They should go with "It's like Netflix for wrestling (or sports entertainment)" instead of "It's like Netflix, but better." The later sounds like they're taking a shot at Netflix for no reason. The former sounds like what they actually mean and what the Network really is. It isn't like a better Netflix. It is a Netflix devoted to one specific genre.

"We're better than Netflix because we're more expensive and are devoted specifically to one thing!". That doesn't make sense. Being the Netflix of wrestling makes perfect sense.
Next step:

"We are the Citizen Kane of streaming services"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Vince is competitive and will not stand beside his competition.

Probably something to do with Batista leaving early. He was supposed to face Bryan next. Extending Kane keeps the plan after Payback the same as before with no changes needed, as opposed to bringing a future challenger up a month.

Not sure if a Kane rematch is better or worse than a Batista feud.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like I need a break from WWE. NJPW looks a little lost in the Bullet Club story, and the wrestlers there all seem worn out. ROH might be my break, but I see a name like Cedric Alexander and feel hard to give a shit. Chikara lost me with the shutdown story, and I'm not watching CZW or IWA-MS. Maybe I should check out PROGRESS or SHIMMER soon.

STARDOM should start doing ippvs then I wouldn't have to waste my time with other promotions.
d.gif

k.gif

I checked out the SHINE show a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have another coming up in a few weeks, I recommend you check it out.

strobogo

Banned
Vince is competitive and will not stand beside his competition.

Netflix isn't his competition. The closest thing to competition for the WWE Network is TNA's paid Youtube page, which doesn't have new stuff, a live feed, and streams everything in 360p max even thought their free page streams the same footage in 720p/1080p.

I checked out the SHINE show a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have another coming up in a few weeks, I recommend you check it out.

I saw your review and was intrigued.

Taller Hendrix, Athena, Neveah, and Kong are on the card.

Oh, there's an EVOLVE show in NYC this month.

Christ, there are 2 wrestlers on the card with hashtags as wrestling names.

Netflix isn't his competition. The closest thing to competition for the WWE Network is TNA's paid Youtube page, which doesn't have new stuff, a live feed, and streams everything in 360p max even thought their free page streams the same footage in 720p/1080p.

Russo even books their Youtube page. Damn.

You have a choice. Watch Impact this Thursday with us.

Sorry bean, Monday Night Raw Supershow starring Brock Lesnar is about the most I've felt like giving This Sport™ recently, and trust me when I tell you it's only in hope of Bork turning up to kill people. Impact lost me sometime last year, maybe 2 years ago, i dunno.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WCW Master Card

• Nash - Sure, makes sense
• Sting - Yep, big draw
• Goldberg - Mhm. Big draw.
• Buff Bagwell - Wat

No it' not just Kane. Yes, it's a stupid feud, but he's not doing well regardless. Actually now that I think of it, maybe it's good that he has been given the title so now fans can shut up about how great he is.

I agree. He'll always have his Wrestlemania moment. I thought that after main eventing and winning the WWE Title at Wrestlemania, you're pretty much a "made" guy but look at Miz.

People think this is good
LOLWWE
I think I'll join the #TNAtion, friend.

My man.

"As bray wyatt continues to build his flock.." Michale Cole said that really creepily.

And has he actually built it? lol

Raven and his Flock was so much better than the Wyatt Family. Eff the WCW haters.

FFS the Kane shit again tonight was bad, Brie's non-existent acting ability didn't help, I get Bryan wanted to get his wife away from Kane and all that but goddamn if it didn't make him look like a coward in the process this feud is just awful and that in car scene included another pet peeve, the "invisible" cameraman in situations where there shouldn't be a cameraman. I know Vince thinks he's "making movies" while at the same time trying to sell a show as if based on "reality" but I wish they didn't didn't hide camera guys behind the damn fourth wall, I wish heels wouldn't plot and scheme against someone in front of a camera and all that stuff with backstage segments. It's up there with people being incapable of going back the week before to see what happened in disputes, even those they'll actually show a fucking recap just beforehand. But mainly I really hate the camera guy thing.

Adam Rose's debut fell flatter than a drunk tool stage diving only for no one to catch him. Goddamn, Evolution delivers the Triple Powerbomb better than the guys who have been doing it for over a year and a half. >_<

We all know WWE isn't above insulting their audience, it's the same shit they do when shilling just about everything from Yuke's latest rehash of a 15 year old Playstation game as the hottest, best looking piece of shit to ever come out since the last one to their shitty movies as the biggest movie out now that even beat out other big movies... That have already run their course at the top of the box office. To promoting other people's crap or the WWE app and now the WWE Network. It sounds like they're really desperate to get subscribers, I got a feeling the numbers have stagnated post WrestleMania since they're now bribing people with referral bonuses.

I don't know who I'd want to bitch slap and yell at more, Michael Cole, Kevin Dunn or Vince. Maybe Stephanie is involved seeing how "heavy handed" she is. >_>

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
LOLWWE

My man.

Raven and his Flock was so much better than the Wyatt Family. Eff the WCW haters.

Raven had DDP, Goldberg, Kanyon, Kidman, and Saturn carrying him. Bray is forced by the rules of three for factions in current WWE or else he may have been able to recruit new members.

I can't believe Shane Douglas tried to get 'I'll franchise your ass' over.

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

He's going to license the rights to it to wanna be business owners all over the country who in turn will be selling it themselves? Turning you into some sort of prostitute?

Top Bottom