• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Hasney

How the fuck people manage to beat FTL is beyond me.

I fully believe it is impossible without glitching the game. :D

Luck mostly. You get a good path before the end and it's doable. I can still only do it about 1 in 20 playthroughs.

The title is just 'the Turn of the Screw'. If you put that stray '-ing' in there you're cruising for a 6/10.

Shite book regardless.

Yeah I saw that mistake in my post and whatever I could care less. Made sure it wasn't on the essay though. Awful experience writing 2000 words about it. If only I could find a way to put WCW 2000 gifs around it, maybe it'll be better. Played random Summerslam PPVs in the background and found this flattering graphic.

PijAsqd.jpg

Rapstah

You know, as much as I don't like the Great Khali, his look in 2007 was actually okay. That's probably the only part of him that ever said "monster", though.

Yessssss, got my tickets through for Revolution Pro's June 15th show - Shinsuke Nakamura vs Zack Sabre Jr, Party Marty vs Kevin Steen and 'Machine Gun' Karl Anderson. Progress Chapter 13 on May 18th first, though, and then the Progress World Cup on June 29th. WRESTLING!

Alucard

Banned
Finished the JR/Shawn Michaels interview. Kind of blase to be honest. It seems like Michaels is in a good place personally and just tries to be a good guy to people at this stage of his life, but it made for a pretty uncompelling interview.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All of the wrestler podcasts are pretty bad, honestly.

Leave that shit to the shoot interviewers to give you questions instead of just 'hey remember' and always acting as inclusive as possible

Rapstah

I listened to the Jericho podcast with Cesaro and Chris Jericho just comes across as the Byron Saxton of podcasting. I don't believe for a second he believes any of the stuff he laughs at to be funny and when he does his own humour (with ads) for the first 40 minutes of the show, it's awful.

I liked the interview when they got to how Cesaro got into wrestling though. That was legitimately interesting.

Alucard

Banned
All of the wrestler podcasts are pretty bad, honestly.

Leave that shit to the shoot interviewers to give you questions instead of just 'hey remember' and always acting as inclusive as possible

Nah. There are some good ones. Really liked Chavo on Jericho's podcast. The Benoit talk was harrowing.

I just realised WWE Live is coming to the Hydro, where I occasionally work/live right nearby. Are those shows storyline?

It doesn't matter, I can't go. It's sold out, and even if it wasn't I don't have £45 to blow on that kinda thing, I'm just curious. I might try and sneak in with my work shirt on heh heh...

Rapstah

Even though I bet most of the descriptions for stuff on the Network are automatically generated, I like that someone put the time in to add this:
Clash of the Champions XXIV; Davey Boy Smith challenges Vader for the World Heavyweight Title. A 'shocking' edition of Flair for the Gold.

Alucard

Banned
I listened to the Jericho podcast with Cesaro and Chris Jericho just comes across as the Byron Saxton of podcasting. I don't believe for a second he believes any of the stuff he laughs at to be funny and when he does his own humour (with ads) for the first 40 minutes of the show, it's awful.

I liked the interview when they got to how Cesaro got into wrestling though. That was legitimately interesting.

I enjoy Jericho's style. Mostly light fare, but he can get serious as the situation dictates, but he jumps in and says "Yeah," "Wow," and "Oh my God" too much at times while listening.

After more exposure, Colt is probably the worst interviewer with how ignorant he comes across at times.

Alucard

Banned
Colt also cuts in waaaay too much. One of his interview snippets usually goes like this:

"So, where did you train?"
"Well, I started in Japan and..."
"Crazy place, eh?"
"Oh, for sure. So..."
"I mean, I felt like a fish out of water when I was there. Okay, so you're training in Japan."
"Yeah. I actually met up with my buddy Tiger Mask."
"You're buddies with Tiger Mask?!"

Hasney

What do you guys think of BnB's new theme song?

He's still using Rebel Son, isn't he? Unless he's got another new one since Raw which he's had for months. BOOOOMMMMMMM.

Did find it funny that YouTube pulled that up as his 17th theme. Christ.

He's still using Rebel Son, isn't he? Unless he's got another new one since Raw which he's had for months. BOOOOMMMMMMM.

Did find it funny that YouTube pulled that up as his 17th theme. Christ.

I think they added the BEWMMMM stuff (or at least more of them/he keeps bringing it up)

darkbanjo

I like Colt as an interviewer. He's conversational but it works. Austin was horrible early on, really bad. Now I'd say he's one of the best, there's a guy who can learn a craft.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How the fuck people manage to beat FTL is beyond me.

I fully believe it is impossible without glitching the game. :D

It's not that tough unless you have bad decision-making skills.

Browny

Banned
I just made the mistake of watching the Connor Michalek video during my lunch break. I now have to explain to colleagues and clients why I've just been crying. Damnit...

Luck mostly. You get a good path before the end and it's doable. I can still only do it about 1 in 20 playthroughs.

That's why I prefer roguelike-likes like Spelunky, where success is more skill dependent, than FTL, which is almost all luck dependent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's why I prefer roguelike-likes like Spelunky, where success is more skill dependent, than FTL, which is almost all luck dependent.

I don't know if it matters to me. I've fallen in love with roguelikes in the past 5 years, which is weird. I used to love fighting games but their communities have turned me off of them completely as well as myself getting older and not being capable of the same reflexes I used to have. It's a bummer. Spelunky is purely based on skill though, but you can get a bum run.

Whoah, TNA's gonna be in New York in June? I would go, but then again, it's TNA.

Besides, I have work on those days anyway.

Are you going to miss the NY NJPW show?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
...WHAT? I didn't even know this was a thing! If it's during the weekend, you bet your ass I'm in!

There's even a WrassleGAF meetup brah. Hey NJPW/RoH pals, can you inform Spin about what's going on?

I'm not going :( so I haven't kept up with the most current news.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
T-minus 2 days until ROH/NJPW Global Wars in Toronto. Get on the hype train.

Anyone here ordering the iPPV on UStream?

I want to but I'm moving house all week. This BLOWS. I'm dying to see how the crowd is.

Aiii

So not worth it
There is something incredibly satisfying in watching two people trying to punch and kick each other the fuck out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
man, jake's so cool. slamming the coffin on undertaker's hand and ddting paul bearer. even if i was a kid watching that, i'd been all on board the elizabeth slapping, snake biting, jake's side.

Top Bottom