• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Kornflayx

TD_208_Photo_02.jpg

lol

Why is her pinky finger sticking out so randomly?

Aiii

So not worth it
Vinny remains the best thing about Total Divas.

-edit: Lol, TJ carefully not saying Nattie's painting of Bryan and Brie sucks and suggesting that "maybe they want a vegan blender, or something" instead. _O-

I was thinking about the upcoming NYC ROH/NJPW show, and it really struck me how the NJPW guys stick out like sore thumbs on the card. They're too big, too charismatic for these ROH guys.

Here's Tanahashi, who headlined shows at the Tokyo Dome not too long ago, wrestling Michael Bennett, whom I would describe as "okay" if I felt like being charitable. The best part of Michael Bennett's act is Maria Kanellis.

And then there's Cedric Alexander. Who is he to face Okada?

At least the Steen/Nakamura makes some sense; Steen's one of ROH's biggest guns, and Nakamura's one of the best in the world.

On the NJPW side, I know that Liger's probably still the most recognizable, and he had a decent match against Danielson ten years ago at Weekend of Thunder Night 1, but he feels out of place challenging Adam Cole for the ROH World Championship.

I was thinking about the upcoming NYC ROH/NJPW show, and it really struck me how the NJPW guys stick out like sore thumbs on the card. They're too big, too charismatic for these ROH guys.

Here's Tanahashi, who headlined shows at the Tokyo Dome not too long ago, wrestling Michael Bennett, whom I would describe as "okay" if I felt like being charitable. The best part of Michael Bennett's act is Maria Kanellis.

And then there's Cedric Alexander. Who is he to face Okada?

At least the Steen/Nakamura makes some sense; Steen's one of ROH's biggest guns, and Nakamura's one of the best in the world.

On the NJPW side, I know that Liger's probably still the most recognizable, and he had a decent match against Danielson ten years ago at Weekend of Thunder Night 1, but he feels out of place challenging Adam Cole for the ROH World Championship.

I feel like Bennett/Tanahashi is a sleeper match that they'll use to try and make Bennett to some degree.

Cedric is there to get Rainmaker'd in the face and posed on.

Goddamnit Liger is old and to sound uncouth, I've seen him enough in the States already.

PS Meltzer doesn't know shit and is basically there to get fed info now

I think WWE has expected Paige to be more over than she is right now because they debuted her the night after Mania. They wanted the "ripple effect" but it hasn't clicked yet.

Their problem is that they expect that their audience watches NXT, when they clearly don't. 99% of fans have no idea who these people are.

I feel like Bennett/Tanahashi is a sleeper match that they'll use to try and make Bennett to some degree.

Goddamnit Liger is old and to sound uncouth, I've seen him enough in the States already.

I'm sure this show won't be cheap for ROH between booking the NJPW guys and the Hammerstein Ballroom, and I know that ROH plans to use Hero and Styles on an alternating basis. But I really wish it had been Hero instead of Cedric Alexander in the Okada match.

I think WWE has expected Paige to be more over than she is right now because they debuted her the night after Mania. They wanted the "ripple effect" but it hasn't clicked yet.

Their problem is that they expect that their audience watches NXT, when they clearly don't. 99% of fans have no idea who these people are.

I don't think she was booked strongly enough in her first few matches either. I know they didn't want to make AJ look week, but they could have had Paige's win look like less of a fluke.

They have to stop booking her to take a beating and then somehow slap on her finisher. I mean, I think they've been moving away from that, but she's legit, and they need to demonstrate that. Having her defending a lot is good, but she needs to look stronger doing it.

LOVE that King of Swing T-shirt that homages the old King of the Ring graphics.

They need to bring King of the Ring back DAMNIT.

Browny

Banned

Steen - Nakamura ,could will be awesome. How did Liger get on in Toronto? If he's on form, him vs Cole should be good too.

Meltzer needs to contradict whatever gets released as news - gotta get them headlines...

Steen's in a weird place at the moment... On one hand, he's got a relatively easy schedule - but no job security. On the other hand, the E would be a big step up, insurance and security - but the toughest schedule going if/when he makes it to the main stage... And being a father of two, it's swings and roundabouts there as well...

Who the fuck ok'd that back?

Who the fuck ok'd the front?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Those shirts are awesome, and I like the backs too to be honest. If you hate em, toss on a jacket and bewm!

Spoken like a true poor.

It's summertime. We don't have to wear hobo clothes. Wear less, not more, unless those are the only possessions you have.

KOTR logo is currently being buried by shitty indies anyway

A LEGO deathmatch sounds like something that would be a lot more painful than it would look. Which strikes me as a terrible idea.

Although pointing out that an indie called 'Interspecies Wrestling' came up with a bad idea is probably a bit redundant.

Rapstah

Did you really think it was over? After the eerie conclusion of last Sunday’s Steel Cage Match at Extreme Rules, Bray Wyatt wasn’t satisfied with a mere victory over John Cena — he now seeks to rule the entire WWE Universe as a god. Before The Wyatt Family was victorious over Cena and WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos on SmackDown, The Eater of Worlds issued a bone-chilling message to the 14-time World Champion: “… where we’re going, nobody ever comes back.” To what was Wyatt alluding? Perhaps on Raw, the backwoods preacher’s dark words will be illuminated.
I don't think there's any match type from which "nobody ever comes back". Are they doing Hell in a Cell or (lol) Buried Alive at Payback?

Sblargh

Banned
Odds on WWE putting an arrogant rookie with little to no training on the main roster just so they could create a Total Divas episode about how much she sucks?

A LEGO deathmatch sounds like something that would be a lot more painful than it would look. Which strikes me as a terrible idea.

Although pointing out that an indie called 'Interspecies Wrestling' came up with a bad idea is probably a bit redundant.

Interspecies Wrestling helped bring El Generico to the world, so it's not all bad.

On the other hand, it also brought Giant Tiger, Pasquale The Italian Chef, Moohammad The Terrorist Cow, GLAAD Badd and a guy literally named "Shitty" to the world, so it hasn't been all great either.

Top Bottom