• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Browny

Banned
x6lHn1D.png
*points finger at Aii*

Aiii

So not worth it
And so many people were against EA acquiring the WWE license.....

NBA 2K14 looks amazing on my PS4 too, but that isn't translating to WWE games either. No telling what EA would have done with Yukes tbh.

I wouldn't have mind EA taking it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would have been any different.

NBA 2K14 looks amazing on my PS4 too, but that isn't translating to WWE games either. No telling what EA would have done with Yukes tbh.

I wouldn't have mind EA taking it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would have been any different.

EA could've kept Yukes for UFC, but they nuked them the fuck out and put their top team (Fight Night team) on it

EA don't play with that bullshit, they keep it in-house

Tom Chick is a great dude as well.
He's an MRA douchebag supreme, though that only occasionally shines like a beacon through his writing, so I could forgive you for perhaps not having run into it yet. He actually banned people from his forum because they took a dump on this guy who was looking for advice on how to get around a restraining order his wife put against him on behalf of their daughter. The idea being that he himself had been threatened with "spurious" restraining orders in the past, one by a girlfriend who, and I quote, "bruised easily", so the guy who wanted a way around his could be legit.

Any game without women in it he seems to do OK with, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's an MRA douchebag supreme, though that only occasionally shines like a beacon through his writing, so I could forgive you for perhaps not having run into it yet. He actually banned people from his forum because they took a dump on this guy who was looking for advice on how to get around a restraining order his wife put against him on behalf of their daughter. The idea being that he himself had been threatened with "spurious" restraining orders in the past, one by a girlfriend who, and I quote, "bruised easily", so the guy who wanted a way around his could be legit.

Never ran into any of this. Never looked beyond his game reviews honestly. That blows.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

EA's plan was apparently to get rid of Yukes and get an in house team to develop it.

In case anyone thought this was hyperbole or lacked context, here's what he wrote.

Tom Chick said:
Many years ago, I had a girlfriend with very pale and beautiful skin. She would bruise when we, uh, got amorous. Her thighs and arms constantly had bruises on them. We also had a fairly tumultuous relationship at times. Once, during a fight we were having, she thought I was cheating on her and she came over to my apartment to look through my windows. A mutual friend called and told me that my girlfriend was on her way over, loaded for bear. So I met her outside and told her we should go inside and talk. She refused. She started yelling at me, out on the street, very Italian style. It was like something you'd see in a movie. So I took her by the arm to bring her in. There was pushing and pulling and yelling before she finally came in. I showed her no one else was there, and we made up for the most part.

Many months later, when we broke up, she told me that she had gotten bruises on her arm that night. She had taken pictures of the bruises. She said she would use them to prove that I had abused her. I was shocked. The worst thing I've ever done to a woman was pouring out a Mountain Dew on her head when I was drunk in college, and we both laughed about it at the time. I once cussed out a girlfriend in Italian, having learned a phrase from an opera, but I think the Mountain Dew thing was worse. Yet here was photographic evidence to suggest that I had abused a woman.

More recently, I've had an ongoing dispute with my neighbors about a barking dog. It's been going on for, literally, years. I began by going over and politely asking if they could do something about it. That never panned out. Arbitration fell through. Animal services fell through (thanks, city government!). So I basically had to deal with a mondo German shepherd right outside my bedroom window that freaks out at raccoons at all hours of the night and freaks out at people going to work early in the morning. It sucked. I was reduced to either going over there or calling them on the phone when the dog got on a barking jag.

One night, after visiting the family about their dog, the police showed up at my door about an hour later. They said the woman told them I tried to break into the house and that I'd been calling her on the phone asking her for a date. I was told that if I called that number or visited that address again, she could get a restraining order against me. The police were sympathetic -- they seemed to understand that there was something else going on entirely -- but the only thing they could do was refer me to animal services, which had already failed to do anything after an exhaustive and ineffective process that took over a year. So now when I hear a dog barking, I get to either crank up the music or put in ear plugs and try to go back to sleep. But boy am I tempted to complain anyway.

So cull from those stories whatever lesson you like about restraining orders and the abuse of women. Because I did. I don't pretend to have all the info on whatever was going on with Munky, and I don't think it's fair to make the assumptions you guys were making.

-Tom

Never ran into any of this. Never looked beyond his game reviews honestly. That blows.
Oh yeah, he also is a Kickstarter bum. Raised $13,500 to do ten articles over the course of a year, with stretch goals of special guest writers and two years later there's only been five articles and no special guests.

somedevil

Raw Viewership:

8PM: 3.535 Million
9PM: 3.903 Million
10PM: 3.852 Million

Definitely lowest of the year.

Yep, no Bryan, show being taped and the NBA basketball game killed the rating. Last year on this date they had no nba competition weird. Also, next week is game 4 of Heat vs Pacers good luck.

Looks like the Threat of Sting may possibly be losing some steam. It's time to pull the trigger.
It was a catch 22, either you debut Sting on free WWE TV to boost ratings to secure a lucrative TV contract, or you debut him on WWE Network to increase subscription rates.

They lucked out on the passing of Ultimate Warrior and capitalized on it to great effect with their Warrior Week Network scheme. The opportunity to have Sting as a talking head on Warrior's Network doc was too great to pass up.

Unfortunately it didn't pay off with subscription numbers.

I shudder to think of how many dead wrestlers it will take to prop up that share price.

Top Bottom