• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Man God

Non-Canon Member
LEGITSHOOK.COM EXCLUSIVE SECURITY FOOTAGE OF BRONSONLEE IN NYC:

ivgQy8j8OaV5d.gif

This kinda reminds me of Hulk Hogan playing the guitar in the Real American video.

Sblargh

Banned
After WWE bankrupts, where does Daniel Bryan go? RoH? TNA? Back to Japan? Or will he walk the world with his lovely bride at his side wrestling in any promotion it happens to be having a show in whatever place he is in?

Vylash

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Life doesn't get easier, you just get stronger. Bolieve in yourself. Sky above me, earth below me, fire within me. It's Bo Time

Thorakai

After WWE bankrupts, where does Daniel Bryan go? RoH? TNA? Back to Japan? Or will he walk the world with his lovely bride at his side wrestling in any promotion it happens to be having a show in whatever place he is in?

He is going to retire in the middle of the woods and travel to the city to sell his organic farm products to sustain himself and Brie. Probably have his life cut short after attempting to wrestle a bear.

Raw64life

I didn't realize how out of shape Bo Dallas is. That flab is jiggling all over the place when he's celebrating outside of the ring and then they replay it in slow motion as if it wasn't gross enough the first time. Wouldn't be surprised if that's edited for the US airing. Not anywhere close to being a Boliever so far.

I didn't realize how out of shape Bo Dallas is. That flab is jiggling all over the place when he's celebrating outside of the ring and then they replay it in slow motion as if it wasn't gross enough the first time. Wouldn't be surprised if that's edited for the US airing. Not anywhere close to being a Boliever so far.

That slow motion shot was not flattering at all...neither was his Tebow kneel(?).

Razorskin

----- ------

It legit shook

legitc0jsl.gif

Alucard

Banned

Let's hope not! His slow-mo flab will generate instant heat! Just makes you hate him all the more for being a hypocrite. Loved his message to Sin Cara at the end. Haha.

"You tried hard! Never give up! Keep trying and maybe one day you can be like me!" or something like that. So good.

Gorillaz

Starting to really have a feeling that they will mess up handling Bo. I want to be wrong.

They really should have just done Bo promos each week for like 3 years straight

I feel like Bo would be super amusing if he just lost constantly. Or if all his wins were because of some outside factor yet he attributes it to his great attitude.

I feel like Bo would be super amusing if he just lost constantly. Or if all his wins were because of some outside factor yet he attributes it to his great attitude.

This is how I feel. I also think him cheating and pretending like everybody is oblivious to the fact that he has to in order to win. He could be a hilarious heel. Need to tweak their storytelling though.

HE IS AN INSPIRATION TO THE WORLD, MAGGLE

Bo's gimmick is fucking hilarious but I could see it getting old fast.. I'd love to see him get fast tracked to a Cena feud.

In other news, I made the mistake of watching tonight's Main Event on the WWE Network and oh my god that was the worst thing I've seen in my life. Never again. I mean really, a shit arm wrestling match? Really?

Showaddy

Man, Bo was in the system how freaking long and he's softer than Hero was. His body is so bad.

It's pretty amazing how fucking lazy a person must be when they're at the performance centre like 5 days a week and they still look like this. If Bo wasn't from a wrestling family he'd have been future endeavoured years ago.

It's pretty amazing how fucking lazy a person must be when they're at the performance centre like 5 days a week and they still look like this. If Bo wasn't from a wrestling family he'd have been future endeavoured years ago.

It's all part of the gimmick, friend. Bo just gets it on a whole other level.

Thorakai

He is just following the footsteps of his brother, brother.

Sblargh

Banned
I feel that WWE "messing up" heels is not a bad thing. People were so ready to fall in love with anything Cesaro did, now they're starting to be annoyed at him, and he is someone who can (and constantly does) win matches. So good, that's how you build a heel, make him win against people that get cheers (Sheamus and RVD) and make him someone you don't like. He's not the ultra-cool Swiss Superman, he is the meh King of Swing who accompanies Paul Heyman who don't even talk about him that much. Yet, he get reactions, as he should. Cesaro is still super important in the card, he is basically The midcard heel right now, and yet everytime I see the internet talking about Cesaro is about they don't understanding him right now. Good, he is the villain, you shouldn't be able to get him. (it is why Cena being actually a heel makes Wyatt someone who is actually a face, yet a face who says things we shouldn't agree with and who will lose to the heel, and so just look like a joke character)

Bo should have the same effect. Make the smarks analyze how much of a failure he is and how they can't stand him anymore and how he should be jobbing, how he is being shoved down our throats, etc.; we should want him to lose. He already has that incredible face that you just wanna punch, now the belly that you just can't respect, make him somehow, in some way, defeat one of the Shield members. Make him blatantly cheat in a feud with someone we want to like, say Ziggler for instance; make us want to see Ziggler win, in part, because of how much we want to see failed flappy belly who WWE messed up by debuting on Smackdown lose.

I think there's a lot of good sides to "smark" crowds, they have fun, they react, they work with the wrestlers (even when working against them), they know who can have a good match and so who can make the best main events, and so on; the bad side is that you have to outmaneuver the internet to make people hate a good heel. Rusev vs black-guys-who-have-been-ignored might be someone trying to do it (or I'm giving the E too much credit here); you have to keep fucking up with people's expectations so you can generate a controlled type of discontent that you can defuse later on to create satisfaction. The problem is when you create a type of discontent (CenaWinsLol) that you never resolves (CenaKeepsWinningLol). You can't have wrestling without you wanting to see one of those two guys getting kicked in the face and that will never happen until people stop, somehow, to be in love with the heels.

krae_man

Yes, just like a lava lamp.

alstein

Man, Bo was in the system how freaking long and he's softer than Hero was. His body is so bad.

Just look at his family tree. None of them were ever ripped, on both sides.

I think there's a lot of good sides to "smark" crowds, they have fun, they react, they work with the wrestlers (even when working against them), they know who can have a good match and so who can make the best main events, and so on; the bad side is that you have to outmaneuver the internet to make people hate a good heel. Rusev vs black-guys-who-have-been-ignored might be someone trying to do it (or I'm giving the E too much credit here); you have to keep fucking up with people's expectations so you can generate a controlled type of discontent that you can defuse later on to create satisfaction. The problem is when you create a type of discontent (CenaWinsLol) that you never resolves (CenaKeepsWinningLol). You can't have wrestling without you wanting to see one of those two guys getting kicked in the face and that will never happen until people stop, somehow, to be in love with the heels.

The issue is that the heels are the folks the people want to see win, because the faces suck. They should book the popular heels as faces but keep them acting like heels instead of neutering them. Does Barrett really need to change if he becomes a face?

Hasney

That Bo debut was a shit sandwich, but with delicious bread. Nice promo and the pep talk at the end was great too, but the match... Ew.

Bo should be a valet for one of the divas.

Sblargh

Banned
The issue is that the heels are the folks the people want to see win, because the faces suck. They should book the popular heels as faces but keep them acting like heels instead of neutering them. Does Barrett really need to change if he becomes a face?

In terms of personality, I don't think so, but faces should kick ass and heels have their asses kicked. How the characters themselves behave depends on what is pop culture reacting to at the moment, but the babyface should always be considered the one who deserves to win for whatever reason, either because he is the best wrestler and/or because he is passionate about it and/or because he is someone whose morals we agree with and so on.
The heel, on the other hand, should win despiste not deserving it, either because he is the worst wrestler and so needs to cheat (Sandow should be this guy) and/or because he is only in it for the money or fame and don't respect the fans (Cesaro seems to be going for this one now) and/or because he is someone whose morals we disagree with (Bray is trying his best to be this, but Cena has so much heat that even saying "I want to burn the world and corrupt the children" makes people love him, because as long as you have a chance of defeating Cena, you're automatically the hero).

Barrett could be an arrogant babyface, he is a good wrestler (he beat Sheamus clean), he loves to wrestle (he is always smiling, laughing and happy to be there) and his bad news thing is just funny, he rarely, if ever, says something that actually offends people; people usually boo and laugh at the same time. I'd say that in smark era winning because you sell more merchandise or because of backstage politics, if that's the perception of the fans, counts as much as cheating as having a concealed weapon was in the 80s. Batista is a heel because he "cheated" by having a wrestlemania main even in his contract.

These are complex times, at the very least, too complex to try to approach the heel/face thing in a simplistic manner.

strobogo

Banned
I don't see a denial.

#strolosthisway #happyhour

My absence was alcohol related. But there were some disparaging statements about me and I'm going to start acting like Aiii/Sandman over them. I went like 7 hours of drinking hard after only being able to sleep for about 3 hours. Like black out drunk, but without the black out. And then ended up staying up for over 24 hours, but pretty much dead the whole time. It was a terrible feeling. I was wishing in the thread for my liver to explode. It didn't, but it definitely did hurt the next day.

I would like to renew my request to one Laserfrog asking if he could draw me, with an adult beverage and an about to explode liver, with a pensive Godzilla there, silently judging/worrying over my health. I know it is a big request. If anyone can do it, it is the talented Laserfrog.

ibjJof6usnXlEt.gif

Top Bottom