• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Remeber when punk and bryan headlined a ppv

Booker needs to get back on commentary

cm_punk_vs__daniel_bryan_over_the_limit_poster_by_isharkfeli-d4zk0hn.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
Remeber when punk and bryan headlined a ppv

Booker needs to get back on commentary

Wow, really? This sounds cool. "goes to Network"

"John Cena takes on the polarizing purveyor of people power, John Laurinaitis. Plus, both World Championships are on the line!"

John Cena does John Cena and John Cena is John Cena, oh, btw, something-something world title

That doesn't like look that terrible a show, I should check it out on the Network. This was the one with Big Show coming out to help People Power right?

Yes.
Also the match is horrible, typical fart joke humor Cena is known for. Christian vs Cody Rhodes also happens for the IC title. Bryan/Punk was one of the best matches of that year. Orton's second suspension also happened literally days after that PPV too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I've become that terrible person that posts buzzfeed "articles" on their facebook. I'm sorry, but they made me smile.

Browny

Banned
Off topic cat update. Only has his front teeth left - but had his dinner last night and breakfast this morning with no complaints. He was pretty lazy last night, spent the evening cleaning himself and staring out the window. He's like Batista at Elimination Chamber - just going through the motions at the moment.

Didn't get the chance to sit him down for some G1, so hopefully tonight he'll be a little more amiable.

Sblargh

Banned
Off topic cat update. Only has his front teeth left - but had his dinner last night and breakfast this morning with no complaints. He was pretty lazy last night, spent the evening cleaning himself and staring out the window. He's like Batista at Elimination Chamber - just going through the motions at the moment.

Didn't get the chance to sit him down for some G1, so hopefully tonight he'll be a little more amiable.

I never had a cat remove their teeth, I hope he gets used to to it soon. But after going to the vet and having to stay there for a while, I bet he is just happy to be at home again!

UberTag

How did Bryan and AJ not become a real-life thing? Punk and Brie are just poor substitutes.
It's kind of a shame really.
AJ and D.Brine together as characters were endearing. You wanted to see them together. They had chemistry.
Whereas D.Brine and Brie are cringe-worthy at best.
And landing AJ persuaded CM Punk into retirement.

You know it's a bad day in this thread when it revolves around The Miz.
Seriously.

WWE has taken a monumental nosedive since Mania. They had so much going for them. The whole Demon Kane Is BACK angle which wasted the shit out of Daniel Bryan, the inevitable dragging out and mismanagement of the Cena/Wyatt feud, the burial of Cesaro, the dragging out of the Shield/Evolution feud... It's like they destroyed every good thing they had.

Should be interesting with A.J. going back on the road full time right after getting married, gotta wonder if that pulls Punk back toward WWE

Sblargh

Banned
Should be interesting with A.J. going back on the road full time right after getting married, gotta wonder if that pulls Punk back toward WWE

She'll have a baby in that belly and, not being able to wrassle, will take Vickie's place as whatever it is Vickie does.

Seriously.

WWE has taken a monumental nosedive since Mania. They had so much going for them. The whole Demon Kane Is BACK angle which wasted the shit out of Daniel Bryan, the inevitable dragging out and mismanagement of the Cena/Wyatt feud, the burial of Cesaro, the dragging out of the Shield/Evolution feud... It's like they destroyed every good thing they had.

No, see, it's a bad day when we are angry and rioting because of these things above. Talking about The Miz is how we chill.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rushed marriages always go over well in pro wrestling. Though I guess Punk is realizing he's old now, and AJ's too much of a mark for Punk to ditch him, so it could work out.

Hasney

Seriously.

Eh, it's nice. I'm almost willing my NXT faves to not get called up (Bo and Rose aren't a massive loss) as it's the only wrasslin' I'm watching at the moment.

Aiii

So not worth it
To be honest, ever since they made the move the the Network, I haven't found NXT to be half as good as it used to be.

The Live Events are nice though.

Sblargh

Banned
To be honest, ever since they made the move the the Network, I haven't found NXT to be half as good as it used to be.

The Live Events are nice though.

It's the nature of NXT to lose its talent, tho.; I completely expect the product to oscilate in quality. Like, what is the best thing about NXT today is the women division. But then Bayley, Alexa, Charlotte and Sasha Banks get all called up the next few months and we will go "oh, remember when the women division of NXT used to be good?"

What NXT has left is Tyler Breeze (who is just now getting really good), Zayn, Neville, Kalisto and The Ascension if you're either me or Sunflower.
It's not a lot of people and it's about to be even less. But it's the nature of NXT. It's also the nature of NXT to some new talent appearing out of nowhere and making everything awesome again. So I think it will always be worth keeping up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watch Dogs is looking like a dud going by streams and people who got it early. Dat ubi magic

You guys ever sit and think about all the tv shows that get lost to the annals of time? I was looking at a bunch of old 80s schedule for whatever reason, and there's so many shows that i'd never heard of until now or barely heard of, and they don't have DVDs, and they don't even have illegal means of getting them. It's just kind of crazy to think about

alstein

Rushed marriages always go over well in pro wrestling. Though I guess Punk is realizing he's old now, and AJ's too much of a mark for Punk to ditch him, so it could work out.

Maybe it will work out. I know, pro wrestling means the odds are 5%, but I really hope it does for both of them.

Browny

Banned
Watch Dogs is looking like a dud going by streams and people who got it early. Dat ubi magic
Don't say that! I've had my pre-order in for nearly a year - I'm actually going to take time off work to play it! Don't kill the dream!

I hope it's good or I'll cry

Marvel

could never
I have WD pre-ordered. Last minute thing really. I'm thirsty for PS4 games.

Looks ok, not great but not dogshit like gaming says imo.

Aiii

So not worth it

You guys ever sit and think about all the tv shows that get lost to the annals of time? I was looking at a bunch of old 80s schedule for whatever reason, and there's so many shows that i'd never heard of until now or barely heard of, and they don't have DVDs, and they don't even have illegal means of getting them. It's just kind of crazy to think about

Still waiting for that Netflix release of Nowhere Man

Top Bottom