• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure that Noel Gallagher is England's greatest musical export since the days of Zep/Who. Even if he and his brother are cunts. Noel is way LESS of a cunt, at least.

He's alright. His brother is absolutely horrible though. Oasis did some ok stuff.

I'll tell you what though - next to Dolph Lundgren, who is A+ top tier, Sweden's second best export was Alcazar.

H9gzECo.jpg

fpLbV2e.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
Beat Happening? You? Did you listen to any shitty bands like Sebadoh or Sonic Youth?

To show my appreciation, I am a big Sepultura fan. Or was...

Sonic Youth, completely, sure. I don't know what a Sebadoh is. There was a time when I would listen Sonic Youth's first album (teenage... something? Riot?) almost every day.

One of the Cavaleras had a store in a shopping near my house, I would often see him there and we would awkwardly stare at each other for some reason. I never really liked his shirts or his music, I think he felt the bad vibe when I walked by.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sonic Youth, completely, sure. I don't know what a Sebadoh is. There was a time when I would listen Sonic Youth's first album (teenage... something? Riot?) almost every day.

One of the Cavaleras had a store in a shopping near my house, I would often see him there and we would awkwardly stare at each other for some reason. I never really liked his shirts or his music, I think he felt the bad vibe when I walked by.

That's...so cool *_* uguu

Man I loved that band so much.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Beloved Twitter user STRIGGA posted this:

WRESTLE-1 drew a a poor house of only 710 fans today in Korakuen Hall with the main event KAI vs Yuji Hino. Almost as bad as #ajpw.

:( I enjoy WRESTLE-1 when I get to see ems. Sounds expected though.

You know what also came out of Sweden?

These guys:
A_Teens_members.jpg

That's right.

Never heard of them. They look waaaay too young to be making gay fuck music like Alcazar does.

strobogo

Banned
He's alright. His brother is absolutely horrible though. Oasis did some ok stuff.

I'll tell you what though - next to Dolph Lundgren, who is A+ top tier, Sweden's second best export was Alcazar.

H9gzECo.jpg

fpLbV2e.jpg

I think he's dope as fuck. The voice of a drunken cunty angel. Oasis had a lot of bullshit songs, though. Stuff that just isn't interesting at all. I tend to blame Liam for it. But when you listen to High Flying Birds and Beady Eye, you can see who the real talent of the band was. The High Flying Birds album is super rad and I wish I had even known about them when they came out instead of a few months ago when I got on another Oasis kick.

Sblargh

Banned
Isn't Camera Obscura from sweden? I like them. Had my share of hipster sex by introducing Camera Obscura to girls.

I never liked any form of heavy metal. I was in a crowd that enjoyed stuff like Blind Guardians a lot and I just went "well, if this is what you consider good, then good luck with that". I kind of knew that there were a whole lot of different subgenres and stuff, but then, the people who liked those subgenres also liked Blind Guardians, so yeah, Blind Guardians made me immune to metal.

Edit: Btw, this conversation made me listen to Beat Happening and goddamn when a band is just right for you. Maybe that's why I stopped going after new music, Beat Happening exist and so I don't really need other music.

strobogo

Banned
Isn't Camera Obscura from sweden? I like them. Had my share of hipster sex by introducing Camera Obscura to girls.

I never liked any form of heavy metal. I was in a crowd that enjoyed stuff like Blind Guardians a lot and I just went "well, if this is what you consider good, then good luck with that". I kind of knew that there were a whole lot of different subgenres and stuff, but then, the people who liked those subgenres also liked Blind Guardians, so yeah, Blind Guardians made me immune to metal.

Is Black Label Society considered heavy metal or some other kind of metal? Regardless, they opened for GNR and were THE WORST. Christ. Just awful. The only band that I've seen that might be worse was the Tragically Hip, who opened for The Who. Straight up garbage. And I worked at a concert venue (Deer Creek 4LYFE) and ended up working Ozfest and Warped Tour, with such great acts like Korn. And Korn was really, really bad. But BLS was on a whole new level of "what the fuck am I listening to".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had a weird memory just now of the Pointer Sisters playing while I had sex a ways back. He's So Shy - dope-ass song, no idea why it came on at the time.

Is Black Label Society considered heavy metal or some other kind of metal? Regardless, they opened for GNR and were THE WORST. Christ. Just awful. The only band that I've seen that might be worse was the Tragically Hip, who opened for The Who. Straight up garbage. And I worked at a concert venue (Deer Creek 4LYFE) and ended up working Ozfest and Warped Tour, with such great acts like Korn. And Korn was really, really bad. But BLS was on a whole new level of "what the fuck am I listening to".

Weird, I enjoy BLS a lot - and Zakk Wylde is accomplished as fuck. Maybe it was just a shitshow, somehow?

Tragically Hip fucking sucks.

Sblargh

Banned

There was a time when I almost got a job at a classic rock station; I still love a lot of rock n roll from the 60s/70s.

Korn had that one famous music with the McFarlane videoclip. I enjoyed that and made the mistake of buying the CD, which was entirely shit.
During college, there was a guy that I think spent an entire year trying to get me to like Black Label Society, but then in college I was way too much into cute/sugary stuff to be swayed by these macho bands.

This is my kind of music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBa07wBZ7E
It might be too hardcore for y'all, but it's all right, it's my music and my alone, it's what makes me better than each one of you. It's cool that you hate it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just listen to modern pop punk/post-hardcore bands like Such Gold and Title Fight and have a good time.

I think Black Label Society was a skater band that turned into a bad metal band

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
sblargh if I go Max Payne and come visit will I be robbed? Yes I will go to dangerous areas.

strobogo

Banned
Had a weird memory just now of the Pointer Sisters playing while I had sex a ways back. He's So Shy - dope-ass song, no idea why it came on at the time.

Weird, I enjoy BLS a lot - and Zakk Wylde is accomplished as fuck. Maybe it was just a shitshow, somehow?

Tragically Hip fucking sucks.

I think BLS sucks, no matter how accomplished Wylde is. They sounded like garbage. You can't differentiate any of the instruments. Or really even understand what Zakk is saying. It's all so muddy and just noise, with all of the songs and riffs sounding like the same thing. It made me very worried that it was just bad sound and GNR was going to sound terrible, but they sounded great and had none of the issues that BLS had. Not even when Zakk came out to play on Whole Lotta Rosie, which meant Axl, two keyboard players, a drummer, Tommy on bass, and FOUR guitar players. And it didn't sound muddied and garbage like all of BLS' set.

Sblargh

Banned
sblargh if I go Max Payne and come visit will I be robbed? Yes I will go to dangerous areas.

We'll consider you protected by the gods if all that happens to you is losing your money. But when people ask me about how dangerous São Paulo is, I just point to The Wire and say that if that's an accurate representation of Baltimore, then it's better than that.

Obviously, you can't joke around about walking into a favela looking like a playboy gym rat and then revealing yourself to be a tourist the first time you say anything. I really fear for the drunk soccer tourists who will come to the world cup and then decided that a favela is a tourist attraction. People won't leave this world cup alive if they are coming thinking like this.

There's actually nothing exotic or mysterious about it. Some parts of the cities are drug trafficking territories, just like they exist everywhere else in the world, and just like everywhere else, if you're there at the wrong time, you will get shot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We'll consider you protected by the gods if all that happens to you is losing your money. But when people ask me about how dangerous São Paulo is, I just point to The Wire and say that if that's an accurate representation of Baltimore, then it's better than that.

Obviously, you can't joke around about walking into a favela looking like a playboy gym rat and then revealing yourself to be a tourist the first time you say anything. I really fear for the drunk soccer tourists who will come to the world cup and then decided that a favela is a tourist attraction. People won't leave this world cup alive if they are coming thinking like this.

There's actually nothing exotic or mysterious about it. Some parts of the cities are drug trafficking territories, just like they exist everywhere else in the world, and just like everywhere else, if you're there at the wrong time, you will get shot.

World Cup shouldn't even exist. What a fucking mess they are. Unbelievable. There's gotta be a better way.

XenoRaven

The World Cup is awesome. Unfortunately it's a huge opportunity for scum bags to take advantage of people. Especially the people in charge and the governments of the countries that host it.

Browny

Banned
Dirtsheets:

- WWE is said to be interested in current IWGP Jr. Champion Kota Ibushi, who is considered by some to be the best high-flyer in wrestling. Last year Ibushi became the first Japanese wrestler to sign a dual contract where he's a regular with the DDT promotion but works big shows for New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Just a rumour?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never did understand Luger saying he had a physique that stood out - he was obviously one of the most in-shape, strongest looking guys in WWF at the time and WCW as well, but it didn't feel like THAT significant a jump.

When I think of a significant jump, I think of Strong Man in NJPW with his opponents - much bigger disparity.
fwkBqBu.png

Dirtsheets:

Just a rumour?

I'd imagine it's bullshit, but Ibushi is one of my favorite talents so inside I say "Well, of course, everyone should be interested in him!"

VINCE RUSSO RAW THOUGHTS!!!!

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/bro-freakin-easter-bunny-raw/

That’s where it broke down for me. Now, understand, that I’m from a certain era called the “ATTITUDE ERA”. And during the “ATTITUDE ERA”, yeah–-we did things like this. We even brought in Santa Claus so AUSTIN COULD DROP HIM ON HIS HEAD WITH A STUNNER!!! Which is my point–-you want to get heat on Swagger? Than LET HIM DROP THE SILLY RABBIT!!! That’s heat—”ATTITUDE” heat. OR–-are we not allowed to do that because we’re “family friendly” now? I don’t know–-not there–-don’t know the rules.

Sblargh

Banned
World Cup shouldn't even exist. What a fucking mess they are. Unbelievable. There's gotta be a better way.

Oh, and it totally became a scape goat for a lot of bad things around here. Brazillians have this simplistic notion that if money is being invested on the world cup, then it's not being invested in hospitals or schools (like we had a golden age of health care and education that suddenly ended because stadiums had to be built). Anyway, in an actually clever move, sectors of the society like public transportation are threatening to strike during the world cup and they have the support of the population because public transport sucking is also the world cup's fault. I don't think we're in any kind of political instability, there's no revolution waiting to happen or anything like that, but brazillians found out that taking the streets with signs while chanting is an enjoyable outdoor activity that has the plus side of making legitimate demands be heard by the powers that be.

So there's this feeling that will be chaos. Because an influx of tourists for an event this big is always chaotic, and to add to that, we'll riot (in a soft, mostly non-violent, with only a few destruction of public patrimony here and there) whenever we feel we'll be the most inconvenient time for everyone trying to enjoy soccer matches.

I'm just going to stay at home and watch some wrasslin'.

RP912

Banned
Russo is like the guy in the back in middle school that throws spitballs at you. You confront him to find out that he likes collecting pokemon cards like you do.

That's how I feel about his thoughts. His booking is atrocious but he means well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and it totally became a scape goat for a lot of bad things around here. Brazillians have this simplistic notion that if money is being invested on the world cup, then it's not being invested in hospitals or schools (like we had a golden age of health care and education that suddenly ended because stadiums had to be built). Anyway, in an actually clever move, sectors of the society like public transportation are threatening to strike during the world cup and they have the support of the population because public transport sucking is also the world cup's fault. I don't think we're in any kind of political instability, there's no revolution waiting to happen or anything like that, but brazillians found out that taking the streets with signs while chanting is an enjoyable outdoor activity that has the plus side of making legitimate demands be heard by the powers that be.

So there's this feeling that will be chaos. Because an influx of tourists for an event this big is always chaotic, and to add to that, we'll riot (in a soft, mostly non-violent, with only a few destruction of public patrimony here and there) whenever we feel we'll be the most inconvenient time for everyone trying to enjoy soccer matches.

I'm just going to stay at home and watch some wrasslin'.

Soccer is one of the worst sports anyway. Kick a ball into a goal - no challenge. Hockey runs a close second, being a room-sweeping challenge on ice.

bjork

Americans never had the A-Teens huh? Lucky you.

We had them in a small degree, I remember the promotion for a record coming out here. I used to moderate on another forum, and some guy with a username like DevilChrist666 or some shit had a sig that was this gigantic pentagram or whatever. So I changed it to a banner ad for A*Teens. He never did come back.

Sblargh

Banned
Soccer is one of the worst sports anyway. Kick a ball into a goal - no challenge. Hockey runs a close second, being a room-sweeping challenge on ice.

In the end, pro wrestling is the greatest form of athletic competition, it involves high risk maneuvers, theatrical skills, physical strenght, body building, backstage politics and social media awareness.

It's the complete package.

RP912

Banned
It's weird I been playing fifa on the vita and football manager 2014, but wouldn't dare watch a actual soccer game. I'll probably watch a mls game on sunday since I don't got much to do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hmm... well they did sign KENTA, so I wouldn't say it's impossible. I like this Triple H thing of actually signing wrestling talent and not just a bunch of "potential"-type guys who have never wrestled before.

Can say one thing about the Kliq, they got themselves over during a time where nepotism ran rampant. I think Triple H is tired of signing all their former employees kids over actual stars.

tumblr_n5v9odSLQW1sj4xr4o2_500.png

mrboo001

Banned

Ok Vince... below is two gifs, showing two different sports. One is Hockey, the other one does feature "sweeping". Which is which?

curling-o.gif

courageouspossiblebubblefish.gif

Answers in the spoiler:

Top is Curling (showing sweeping), bottom is Hockey. Both are Olympic Winter Sports.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok Vince... below is two gifs, showing two different sports. One is Hockey, the other one does feature "sweeping". Which is which?

Answers in the spoiler:

Top is Curling (showing sweeping), bottom is Hockey. Both are Olympic Winter Sports.

Trick question, both are the same sport under different names

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funny thing I noticed about Larry Z. The internet wrestling community seems to generally hate Larry for one reason or another.
Yet the people he puts over constantly in WCW, are internet favorites. Benoit, Malenko, Eddie, etc. I don't think he liked Rey that much though.

The Raven/Benoit feud was random and went on too long.

Top Bottom