• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 9/4 - 9/10

ethelred said:
Your formula is... not that good.

Last week you were off 30k on Tales of Phantasia. You were off 20k on NSMB and 20k off on FF3. You were 3k too high on Brain Age 2, 6k too low on Cooking Navi...

Well it's better than waiting till Wed.
and some of those estimates were fairly accurate.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
ethelred said:
Your formula is... not that good.

Last week you were off 30k on Tales of Phantasia. You were off 20k on NSMB and 20k off on FF3. You were 3k too high on Brain Age 2, 6k too low on Cooking Navi...

At least he didn't start a new thread on his predictions like last week.

Well it's better than waiting till Wed.
and some of those estimates were fairly accurate.

No it's not. You confuse people with your faulty formulas and numbers.

cae

Meh, Minna no Tennis sucks. It doesn´t deserves the sales. Already completed the Challenge Mode, it sucked hard. Nothing to do with HSG series.

cae said:
Meh, Minna no Tennis sucks. It doesn´t deserves the sales. Already completed the Challenge Mode, it sucked hard. Nothing to do with HSG series.

Care to elaborate on this? I was quite interested in importing this.

Barf_the_Mog said:
what the hell is Nintendo going to do for the remaining 3 months of the year? North America will probably gobble up 3 million units - same with Europe. Japan will most likely sell closer to 4 million units. :-/

= 10 million units

They can produce 2.2 million per month. 2.2 * 3.5 = 7.7 million

10 million
- 7.7 million
= 2.3 million shortage
I'd provide stores with signs that say "DS SOLD OUT. Try Wii!"

And then when the Wii is gone too, we can make signs that says, "DS and Wii out of stock, try the Playsta... uh, the Xbox 3... um, nuts'.

JoshuaJSlone said:
I'd provide stores with signs that say "DS SOLD OUT. Try Wii!"

It will be more like "Don't even think about PS3(SOLD OUT since first day, 100K just not enough) ,Wii(SOLD OUT since first 3 days, 1M just not enough) or DS(Always SOLD OUT), go buy some ****ing 360!!!!"
:lol

ethelred

Jokeropia said:
What we can conclude from the Comgnet estimates is that FFIII most likely had a boost again.

But Jonnyram already told us that a week ago -- that Square Enix had finally managed to get a >50k shipment out and the sales of the game were increasing accordingly.

cvxfreak

ethelred said:
But Jonnyram already told us that a week ago -- that Square Enix had finally managed to get a >50k shipment out and the sales of the game were increasing accordingly.

Towards 800K, supposedly.

I'm finding the FFIII figures fascinating. Do we think that the relatively strong sales each week are a symptom of Square not shipping enough to satisfy initial demand, or is this that most unusual of things - a Final Fantasy title with legs?

cae

Magicpaint said:
Care to elaborate on this? I was quite interested in importing this.

The gameplay is not good, simple as that. The game comes down to who's the first to put the ball on the opposite corner of the rival. And you can almost always do that in the second or third stroke of a rally... not enjoyable. The Challenge Mode was ridiculously easy, save for the last 1 or 2 matches (there were like 25 or 30). Unless you want it exclusively for playing with friends, i don't recomend you to import it. Hell, even if it is like that, Outlaw Tennis is better and cheaper.

Cosmonaut X said:
I'm finding the FFIII figures fascinating. Do we think that the relatively strong sales each week are a symptom of Square not shipping enough to satisfy initial demand, or is this that most unusual of things - a Final Fantasy title with legs?
Well, given an infinite supply of FF III cards at game launch, I doubt it would've had a sales pattern quite like this, but it's really impossible to determine from the numbers alone, since thus far it seems they sell what they can ship.

apujanata

Cosmonaut X said:

It is too early to know. We will only know after 2 or 3 more weeks.

Cosmonaut X said:

i think it only depended about 2 things: S-E underestimated DS power, most of cards are kept for imminent Pokemon D/P release

if FF3 shipped during "normal" time it should not have had legs, strong launch result and decreasing week after week

Yeah, but we used get numbers for games much lower down the chart, including totals. It was a good run while it lasted though, thanks neo.

ethelred

Chibbi Brady said:
Yeah, but we used get numbers for games much lower down the chart, including totals. It was a good run while it lasted though, thanks neo.

Exactly.

It was nice getting earlier numbers, but it was even nicer getting LTDs for games outside of the top 10.

Very sad about the no more unconfirmed numbers.

neo2046

http://game10.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1158753294/506

some 1st day sales numbers
PS2 Minna no Tennis - around 120,000 / 56 %
PS2 Kenshin - around 50,000 / 73 %
PSP Yugioh DM GX TF - 18,000 / 57 %
PSP RR2 - around 17,000 / 32 %
PS2 GOD HAND - around 17,000 / 30 %
NDS Yakuman DS Wi-Fi - around 7,000 / 30 %

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/09/20/103,1158749009,60375,0,0.html
Famitsu Weekly Ranking

01 PS2 Minna no Tennis
02 PS2 Kenshin
03 NDS FF3
04 NDS New SMB
05 NDS Brain Age 2
06 PS2 God Hand
07 PSP Ridge Racers 2
08 NDS Brain Training Atama Scan
09 NDS Animal Crossing WW
10 PSP Yugioh DM GX TF

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PhoenixDark said:
So the 91,000 for FFIII is accurate then?
According to the chart it's still at about 50K for a third week, no increase or decrease.

ethelred

jj984jj said:
According to the chart it's still at about 50K for a third week, no increase or decrease.

That's not what the chart says. The chart says it's right below a game that had 50k first day sales.

It's likely a good bit higher than 50k.

Top Bottom