• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Community Thread | It's not over yet! -Cancelled- WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOR!?

I don't think I've ever screamed and cried so much at a game reveal in my life. It's like a dream come true.

Exactly what I needed in these dark times for Mega Man fans.

RM8

Playing through Mega Man 5 (totally because of the Smash hype) and I reach this part.

u3Ohetql.jpg

I love love LOVE this game! And this is also probably my favorite Mega Man track from any Mega Man game.

Yeah, and I just know I remember it having one of those Japanese videos like the Airman one but I can't remember at all what it was called. I think it was the one about the partners ? I could be confusing it.

It is indeed the one I meant, but looks like it's not the one I had in mind judging from the music though. I'm not sure if there's one of those videos for Protoman Castle theme then :/

qq more

It still feels so surreal seeing Mega Man in Smash Bros... It's been almost a week already and I'm still a bit blown away by that reveal.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Refyref

It still feels so surreal seeing Mega Man in Smash Bros... It's been almost a week already and I'm still a bit blown away by that reveal.

No, I'm with you.

The sad part is that this:
MMSYellowDevil.gif

Is the closest we've had to a new Megaman game for 3 years.

All Mega Man fans feel the same way!! :D I still tear up when I see the reveal trailer.

His inclusion will also give him a lot of exposure to get new fans. A new game should follow.

Refyref

Well Rockman and Forte was released in 1998 and 9 was released in 2008, so that's 10 years.
We'll get another same ol' same ol' 8-bit game 7 years from now.

But there were many games in the (sub)series in that gap. There hasn't even been 1 Mega Man game since MM10. At all.
I do not speak of X Over

qq more

Well Rockman and Forte was released in 1998 and 9 was released in 2008, so that's 10 years.
We'll get another same ol' same ol' 8-bit game 7 years from now.
what

If Mega Man 9 and 10 aren't considered new then I guess the Mega Man franchise barely ever had new games throughout its life.

redcrayon

I'm playing through Megaman 6 for the first time at the moment, (having played through 4 and 5 on their VC release too) really enjoying it. The music isn't as good as 2/3, but there's some really nice mechanics, and the rush adapters are a nice evolution- I'm mildly addicted to the power fist as weapon of choice! Just the Wily stages to go now.

If anything they have got me really excited for Shovel Knight in September, that looks like about as close to a new Megaman game as we'll get for a while.

Nerokis

Okay, so I first got into Mega Man with the X series, and since then I've dabbled in most of the other series as well (Zero being one exception, and I just ordered the DS collection). I somehow ended up never playing a Mega Man Classic game, though. The combination of the 3DS VC releases and the Smash Bros news lead me to finally trying out Mega Man, and...well...it's seriously different from anything I've played before.

I have a feeling this also has something to do with playing it on the 3DS, but the physics, the hit detection, the art direction, the level design, the punishing mechanics, the music... It all combines to form an almost surreal experience for me. I'm not used to this little guy (look at how tiny Mega Man is!) jumping twice his height, with no actual sense of momentum I can perceive, ever so floatily. On the other hand, whereas you land perfectly still from a jump, I'm still really not used to the ever so slight slide Mega Man does when he stops running. Working with these physics, memorizing the block patterns, choosing which block to jump to, timing it all correctly, whilst avoiding the stupid little spike thing (thinking ice level here).... Good god, it's just so different. :p

I can feel myself adjusting. I finally beat the ice dude. Damn those stupid helicopter things. And I never thought I'd ever hate penguins.

I don't even particularly like the idea of third party characters in Smash Bros and I'm excited for Mega Man. Mega Man makes me into a hypocrite.

qq more

I don't even particularly like the idea of third party characters in Smash Bros and I'm excited for Mega Man. Mega Man makes me into a hypocrite.

I'm okay with it if they fit in the Smash Bros universe and have a good history with Nintendo.

Sonic fits in so well and had a good rivalry with Mario. He doesn't look out of place in Brawl. I hope he returns in this one with an improved moveset and a new Sonic level like Death Egg or City Escape.

Mega Man fits in the most, he actually looks like a Nintendo character to me. I'm really happy he got in. He deserves it for having such a successful franchise on Nintendo systems. I hope they never cut him from any other future Smash Bros games.

Snake... I'm a hypocrite about. He doesn't have a noteable history with Nintendo and yet he doesn't look too out of place in the SSB universe. I want him back, he was great. (psst, Kojima, release the HD collection w/ Twin Snakes and MGS4 on Wii U.)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Because PxZ is getting localized, I realized that we'll get that "Volnutt is still stuck in the moon" dialogue. :/

Copenap

Ok guys, I need your help.

I'm trying to play through Maverick Hunter X at the moment but damn the game is kicking my ass.

Where should I start? I found different boss orders and even following them wasn't helping me. Should I google the power up locations first and start with collecting them?

I'm trying to play through Maverick Hunter X at the moment but damn the game is kicking my ass.

Where should I start? I found different boss orders and even following them wasn't helping me. Should I google the power up locations first and start with collecting them?

Go for chill penguin first, dash should help a lot

Copenap

Making progress, was able to beat Chill Penguin without any help any than youtubed where to find the dash in Flame Mammoth level and beat Flame Mammoth as well.

Also found both heart containers (needed youtube for the Penguin one). Damn, how am I supposed to find this stuff on my own?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Making progress, was able to beat Chill Penguin without any help any than youtubed where to find the dash in Flame Mammoth level and beat Flame Mammoth as well.

Also found both heart containers (needed youtube for the Penguin one). Damn, how am I supposed to find this stuff on my own?
If something looks suspicious, check it out.

Kokonoe

Banned
ICZoung.gif

Mega Man: The Power Fighters OST 09 - Junk Man

gqMtJbI.gif

Mega Man 9 - Splash Woman Stage (Sega Genesis Remix)

Mega Man 25th Anniversary Rock CD: Splash Woman (MM9)

I still need to play 4, but it has some good music. I'm actually going to skip 3 and try out 4 since I don't care for 3.
Welp, this is going to be nostalgia night for me then.

From looking at the Robot Masters, music, and other things about 6, I have a feeling it's going to end up being my favorite 8bit Classic Mega Man when I get to it.

Now that I've had time to play 6 again, I have to say that 3 has the best movement by far. Every game after 3 tweaked the slide in one way or another that made it worse; 6 can't cancel it into jump at all for example.

I still need to play 4, but it has some good music. I'm actually going to skip 3 and try out 4 since I don't care for 3.

Nothing against 4, but I'm sure I am not alone in thinking that is a horrible decision.

Videoneon

All right, let's start posting good Mega music in this thread.

Mega Man 5 Complete Works: Napalm Man Stage

With Mega Man 6 out, I figure I'll post this:

Mega Man 6 Complete Works - Flame Man

Favorite track in the game.

You've moved on already, but personally I go for fighting Flame Mammoth first in MHX. He's easy, I don't believe you need other weapons or upgrades to reach any upgrades (taking a little damage for that heart container ain't that big a deal.) That Dash upgrade is essential, the game feels slow without it IMO, and you need the leg upgrade to get the head upgrade in Chill Penguin's stage. Fire Wave will help you take out the bulldozers in Armored Armadillo's stage. Fire Wave I believe also helps you get a heart container in Chill Penguin's stage, I can't immediately recall if that was changed.

So starting with Flame Mammoth and progressing through the boss order (Chill Penguin, Spark Mandrill, Armored Armadillo) is a nice order.

qq more

Has anyone here ever beaten all of the Mega Man Killers in MM10's DLC? I've only managed to beat Enker, it's really hard because you only have one life thanks to them being Time Attack exclusive levels.

SkyOdin

Has anyone here ever beaten all of the Mega Man Killers in MM10's DLC? I've only managed to beat Enker, it's really hard because you only have one life thanks to them being Time Attack exclusive levels.

Yeah, I beat all three of them. They are pretty tough, so it required some practice and a lot of resets. The weapons they give are cool, so it is worth it.

qq more

Yeah, I beat all three of them. They are pretty tough, so it required some practice and a lot of resets. The weapons they give are cool, so it is worth it.

I love that they become permanent too. So when you start a new file you can have the weapons you've earned from them!

Karakato_001

Neo Member
Just so you guys know, Mega Man Unlimited (fan game) is completed and will release on July 14 this year. Check out the trailer HERE. Definitely excited about this one.

On less exciting news, anyone care for the Game gear Mega Man game? I didn't, but it looks like it has been rated for rerelease most likely for eshop.
LINK

qq more

Just so you guys know, Mega Man Unlimited (fan game) is completed and will release on July 14 this year. Check out the trailer HERE. Definitely excited about this one.

On less exciting news, anyone care for the Game gear Mega Man game? I didn't, but it looks like it has been rated for rerelease most likely for eshop.
LINK
Nice. Hope the fangame turns out very good!

As for the Game Gear game... I would seriously not recommend it. Poorly outsourced game.

IIRC it's just six Robot Masters total from Mega Man 4 and Mega Man 5 randomly cobbled together into one game.

The graphics are nicer than the NES games, and the music's worse (the Game Gear's PSG only having, like, one waveform) but I dunno if I'd go further than that. (I haven't actually played the game, so I kinda can't go further by default.)

Top Bottom