• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
7AzcAvA.png

laughing so hard rn

Palpable

Kojima is secretly a huge PC gamer.

On a side note, FC4 is probably the closest thing to compare TPP in terms of open world games. I've noticed in the DF thread about FC4 that people are really impressed with it being locked 30.Ha.

I noticed this as well. Hopefully TPP sets the standard for res/fps on the PS4.

JayEH

Ehhh 7800 yen... Was hoping I'd be dealing with an US company for this since Konami's US Twitter account was posting about it. If I buy any figure I think I'll wait for the Venom Snake one.

TheBoss1

Still think MGS2 Snake had the coolest sneaking suit. The one in TPP looks like a mix between MGS1 and MGS4 suits, and I don't like the bulkiness of the MGS4 suit. The game isn't finished yet so I will withhold judgement until it is out.

MGS2>GZ>MGS3>MGS1>>>>>MGS4

Chinner

Banned

Ehhh 7800 yen... Was hoping I'd be dealing with an US company for this since Konami's US Twitter account was posting about it. If I buy any figure I think I'll wait for the Venom Snake one.

yeah i want to like the figma figure, but something puts me off. i think it's the face sculpt, it looks okay s but it lacks detail that puts me off. the venom snake figure is more tempting at this point/

i agree that the mgs2 sneaking suit is the best though. it's also gets bonus points seeing as it's just the mgs1 suit but it's been recycled by snake and otacon. it's got a nice continuity to it as philanthropy don't have funding to develope new sneaking suits.

Skullface

This was probably discussed in another thread ( I know I brought it up elsewhere before ), but check out Epitaph by King Crimson and tell me that this wouldn't have been just as appropriate for the "Nuclear" trailer?

Actually I think breezin by George Benson would've been a perfect match. Watch the trailer muted with the song playing. You won't regret it.

New PythonSelkan video :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXS3ZbUcUyw

iAoJ0e7rPh3Om.gif

(they have a point about Miller though)

hahahahaha, i nearly spit my coffee out when he highlighted that

the miller thing is curious, but i think it's just kojima streamlining everything for new players. if you read the backstory and then play the game, kaz's statement serves to reinforce the idea to the player that paz is someone that has betrayed us, but may have some good in her

wilsonda

This was probably discussed in another thread ( I know I brought it up elsewhere before ), but check out Epitaph by King Crimson and tell me that this wouldn't have been just as appropriate for the "Nuclear" trailer?

I liked "epitaph" as it did have a pretty similar tone/sound... Just not sure it had the impact/tempo of "nuclear" ...either way thanks for an excellent new song

Skullface

My pleasure. I haven't been too active on MGS Gaf lately since the drop of the Master Chief Collection, and all the grief that goes with that. Any updates? I not fully appreciate any wait Kojima imposes on this game's release.

The thing I don't like about shaky-cam is that I sometimes miss some visual details because my eyes can't keep up. If it's intended to be confusing, then I understand but it's hard to tell.

One example is in the E3 2014 trailer when Kaz hits the African child soldier and then the camera goes wild and the child has a gun. At first, I didn't realise that he snatched that gun from Big Boss lol - until I rewatched it.

It's just that I like to soak in all the details and shaky-cam can sometimes ruin that experience for me.

I agree, i love the single shot scenes, but i hate the documentary shaky cam. Doesn't seem like he uses it a lot so it's not too bad, but i prefer clean camera movement ala fincher, tarantino, etc.

Chinner

Banned
I think it's clear that Kojima has been inspired by the cinematography of Emmanuel Lubezki such as Children of Men or Gravity. It's definitely a good move and it takes advantage of medium as you don't have the physical or planning restrictions you have in real life.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's clear that Kojima has been inspired by the cinematography of Emmanuel Lubezki such as Children of Men or Gravity. It's definitely a good move and it takes advantage of medium as you don't have the physical or planning restrictions you have in real life.

Waitaminute... capital letters? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH CHINNER?!

wilsonda

I just hope Kojima doesn't let the one continuous shot thing completely control his cinematic style in TPP.. if he feels a scene deserves a different cut/angle I hope he goes with his gut ... I loved GZ scenes but some stuff seemed a bit blurry
maybe it's cuz I played on xbone jk jk

So, like Love stated, those who game on Steam, we should add each other - let's build up this community on Steam.

Steam Profile Name: rogue_agent

Alright, guys! With Metal Gear Solid V coming to Steam, I figured it's about time we all added each other to reinforce the circle-jerk that is MGSGAF!

Steam Handle:
EXTREMELY SOLID

Hmmm I already have you as a friend. I had no idea it was you!

I wanted to post this earlier but...
15496673007_b2a28698f1_o.png

If anyone wants to connect on PSN to prepare for MGO3, my PSN ID is "PrinceOfWhatever" (who would've thought of that? ^^)

I'm also planning on buying Peace Walker again, but for PS3 this time so I can play coop.

Batzi

Banned
I don't want to create a new thread for this unless it goes official but we haven't seen anything from Kojima yet on Twitter. The Game Awards show and the Playstation Experience are due in less than 3 weeks and Kojima didn't tease anything yet. No trailer editing no nothing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't want to create a new thread for this unless it goes official but we haven't seen anything from Kojima yet on Twitter. The Game Awards show and the Playstation Experience are due in less than 3 weeks and Kojima didn't tease anything yet. No trailer editing no nothing.

The trailer is already ready. It's the one that Sutherland was talking about in the TGS video. Originally it was planned for TGS but they moved it now to the TGA's.

/speculation

Batzi

Banned
The trailer is already ready. It's the one that Sutherland was talking about in the TGS video. Originally it was planned for TGS but they moved it now to the TGA's.

/speculation

They referred to the "Quiet but not silent" cutscene as trailer :S A Kojima trailer starts with the KONAMI logo usually and ends with credits and is obviously heavily edited.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They referred to the "Quiet but not silent" cutscene as trailer :S A Kojima trailer starts with the KONAMI logo usually and ends with credits and is obviously heavily edited.

That's why i think Sutherland was talking about a different epic new trailer which will shine new light on the much anticipated story line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom