• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would gladly trade any trailer or information for the release date. i don't need to see any more of the game

I'm OK with either, but the priority has to be release date. They've shown loads of footage and then some. Kojima was reluctant to show Africa at TGS (but when he showed it, he showed the shit out of it!), so I think we can scratch seeing a new location off the list. That only leaves two things: Metal Gear Online and release date. We're getting one of the two, and my money is on a release date. 100%, without question!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima comes aaaaaall the way to murica.

He will bring the goods!

Sn4ke_911

Oh, yeah, no question!

but no gameplay demonstration since this is a award show. So i think a brand new story trailer is very likely.

AND RELEASE DATE AT THE END OF THE FOOKIN TRAILER AFPDßsp rlßbw4i095ib23DIOJAWIOJrw3kr235234i293b20i52b!"!!!!!!!

AND RELEASE DATE AT THE END OF THE FOOKIN TRAILER AFPDßsp rlßbw4i095ib23DIOJAWIOJrw3kr235234i293b20i52b!"!!!!!!!

F.grilipal!ljig#t^halfgnai..3r5348isi?dt..40gaa543gger
FOop..gefjei94?,.fe$$jioikl%&lferll.ipall!jig#t&aq00//feji1?_ae"aef$5%
FOXENGINE: "FOXDIE" 215..73.5///4gaf%rajrig3j4HIDEOt5h$go88))pi

jaa 43gger

God, yes, please!!!!! I think it's happening, Snaku~!!

Sn4ke_911

F.grilipal!ljig#t^halfgnai..3r5348isi?dt..40gaa543gger
FOop..gefjei94?,.fe$$jioikl%&lferll.ipall!jig#t&aq00//feji1?_ae"aef$5%
FOXENGINE: "FOXDIE" 215..73.5///4gaf%rajrig3j4HIDEOt5h$go88))pi

jaa 43gger

God, yes, please!!!!! I think it's happening, Snaku~!!

IT HAS TO BE!

and David Hayter as special guest
leuhkikcskn4mrlee.gif

Same. I spent a ridiculous amount of time on MGO2, so I'm hoping this one shapes up to be as good or better.

I actually never played MGO before, what is it like? Is it just an online shooter in MGS style or does it include stealth mechanics. I couldn't get much out of gameplay videos but from what I've seen people just shoot each other. That doesn't mean that I think that it's bad but it sure looks boring.

Perhaps we won't get a trailer.

TPP may be selected as a nominee for Most Anticipated Game. Below the title will be "Coming 1984", and it will slowly change to the release date.

Palpable

I actually never played MGO before, what is it like? Is it just an online shooter in MGS style or does it include stealth mechanics. I couldn't get much out of gameplay videos but from what I've seen people just shoot each other. That doesn't mean that I think that it's bad but it sure looks boring.

It has your basic CTF, TDM, and DM modes, but what makes it interesting are the TSNe (team sneak) and SNE (sneak) modes.

TSNE was one team, visible, guarded a Gako/Kerotan and the other team, invisible except for their guns (and breath on cold maps). They had to get the target and take it to their capture point. 1 life. Invisible team only had non lethal weapons except for their knives.

SNE was where two teams faced off in TDM, but Old Snake was played by someone (and MK.II if there were enough players) and had to collect 3 dogtags from enemy soldiers. The higher the camo index, the less visible Snake would be.

There were other interesting game modes like Race and Bomb, too.

I hope all these and more come back for MGO3.

JayEH

I'm just afraid they're going to CoDify MGO. Don't you dare KojiPro LA! MGO is super unique and just making it an EXP, unlock driven game would be lame.

After seeing the comparison screens, I may have to hold out for a PC release of TPP before playing. I'm still double-dipping, of course, because I've gotta get the inevitable Collector's Edition, but man, the difference between the PC and PS4 version is pretty staggering. To be fair, though, in the last presentation of the PS4 version (TGS), Koji Pro seemed to have touched up the engine a lot and gotten rid of a lot of that pop-in. I guess I'll just see how it goes with GZ on PC. /idlethreatfromrushedfanboy

Seriously, shout out to Kojima Productions for getting the most out of their game on each and every platform.

After seeing the comparison screens, I may have to hold out for a PC release of TPP before playing. I'm still double-dipping, of course, because I've gotta get the inevitable Collector's Edition, but man, the difference between the PC and PS4 version is pretty staggering. To be fair, though, in the last presentation of the PS4 version (TGS), Koji Pro seemed to have touched up the engine a lot and gotten rid of a lot of that pop-in. I guess I'll just see how it goes with GZ on PC. /idlethreatfromrushedfanboy

Seriously, shout out to Kojima Productions for getting the most out of their game on each and every platform.

i definitely think the difference will not be as stark with TPP

Palpable

i definitely think the difference will not be as stark with TPP

This. While I'm glad they're giving the finger to parity, I don't think it's night and day based on the sceeens we've seen. Lighting and detail in the distance is better, for sure, but not to the point that I'd spend hundreds on upgrading my rig for it. That's what I got the PS4 for, and I'm plenty satisfied by how it runs/looks on it.

wilsonda

Link to comparison screens? I've been toying with the idea of a monster pc build rather than getting a ps4

JayEH

The PC version does look really good and imagine the PC version of TPP will also be better than the PS4 version. It doesn't really bother me though. I'm not that into super high quality shadows, foilage, etc. As long as it runs at 60 I'm fine.

Chinner

Banned
Looks like the PC version is capable of having more light sources operating at one time in an environment. The first screenshot overlooking the camp looks visibility better because of it.

I wonder if it's a result of improvements to the FOX engine or being on better hardware.... Probably both.

JayEH

We need some comparisons between the PC ,PS4, and the PAX 2012 footage. I remember Kojima at the time said the PC at PAX was running PS3 specs (which was of course b.s.).

our Kojima who art in Tokyo
hallowed be thy name
Your trailers come
your movies be done
On earth as it is in Konami.
Give us this day our daily tweets
and forgive us our fanboy rants
as we forgive those who rant against us.
And lead us not unto nintendo platforms
but deliver us from call of duty

From the Game Awards Thread. Haha, has this been a thing? Couldn't stop laughing.

Sn4ke_911

HOLY SHIT. WHAT?! Kojima is God, man.

tumblr_naaoopwxkb1r3bvjukr.jpg

Hmmm so I guess that means you can get info from Russian soldiers in hold ups to begin with. That's really cool. What other languages can Big Boss speak?

Well if Big Boss can't speak or understand the language from the soldier he interrogates he won't get any enemy locations etc. you need to recruit a translator for that.

Dat attention to detail. KOJIMAAAA

JunkerHQ.net @JunkerHQNet:
You do. Kojima also said that while Snake used to be multilingual, the accident has affected that part of his brain. @Pacifist_Elk

JayEH

JunkerHQ.net @JunkerHQNet:
You do. Kojima also said that while Snake used to be multilingual, the accident has affected that part of his brain. @Pacifist_Elk

Oh ok at least it's justified. Ocelot speaks Russian so that's why he can interrogate the soldiers in Afghanistan. Was looking forward to hearing Sutherland speak Russian though D:

wilsonda

That attention to detail... that's why we love Kojima

I was worried that Kojima's open world vision wouldn't live up to the attention to detail of fc4 or gtav.. but as soon as I have doubts he assures me that everything will be alright

Bring the release day hypetrain

Oh ok at least it's justified. Ocelot speaks Russian so that's why he can interrogate the soldiers in Afghanistan. Was looking forward to hearing Sutherland speak Russian though D:

Are you basing this soley off of the e3 demo? Becuase that was more vertical slice than anything. If that's the first open mission, it's highly unlikely you'll have any of the skills they showed in the footage (box, fulton, etc)

JayEH

Are you basing this soley off of the e3 demo? Becuase that was more vertical slice than anything. If that's the first open mission, it's highly unlikely you'll have any of the skills they showed in the footage (box, fulton, etc)

Yeah but he has Ocelot so he has a translator to begin with. It wouldn't surprise me that you get to talk to Russians right away since it's the first area. That way you can build up your base and then get other translators.

Yeah! I actually do think that Snake will be able to interrogate the Russian soldiers, if it is indeed towards the beginning of the game. I'm sure there's a lot of mission prep. dialogue that we'll get to see when we actually get our hands on the game. (Just speculating, though!)

PC looking real good.

It really is. Very impressive.

JayEH

What did Hideo do to this forum? Jesus. Better avoid Hideo threads altogether.

Yeah man jeez... I was just about to post the same thing. I thought evryone would think the language mechanic would think it's cool but instead everyone is instead just finding ways to shit on him and bringing up irrelevant stuff.

I think I'll just stay here...

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah man jeez... I was just about to post the same thing. I thought evryone would think the language mechanic would think it's cool but instead everyone is instead just finding ways to shit on him and bringing up irrelevant stuff.

Kojima sacrificed some throwaway aspect of Big Boss' character that he'll probably get back anyway for the sake of a really cool sounding feature? waaa kojima is a hack, metal gear story succkss

Palpable

We're in that 'CoD' generation of gamers that don't care about the little details in games that come together to make something great. It's all about static environments, killstreaks, and grinding. Yaaay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom