• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

2014-11-2821_47_38-01w5u1q.png

2014-11-2821_48_30-01dcub3.png

Perfectly sums up why Hayter isn't back.

Perfectly sums up why Hayter isn't back.

How do you mean? I'd say it sums up why Akio is back (him and Kojima are clearly best buds) but I don't see how it explains them ditching Hayter so unceremoniously unless i'm missing something. It's not like Hayter was competing with Otsuka for the role.

JayEH

How do you mean? I'd say it sums up why Akio is back (him and Kojima are clearly best buds) but I don't see how it explains them ditching Hayter so unceremoniously unless i'm missing something. It's not like Hayter was competing with Otsuka for the role.

Yeah it explains why Otsuka but you can also look at it from a different angle and apply it to Hayter. Kojima has no attachment to Hayter so he was able to dumb him easily and without fanfare. If Kojima had the choice between a famous Hollywood star and Hayter, he would pick Hollywood everytime.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, Hayter is not someone that Konami can use to sell the game to the public, so it was probably not all Kojima's fault.

Chinner

Banned
I hope the rumours of the PS1 and 2 emulation coming to PS4 come true. I desperately want to play MGS1-3 on a platform that isn't the Vita.

PS1 emulation will pretty much happen as it's on every other PS platform, so I feel confident that it'll happen at some point. PS2 emulation is the wild card, but I hope it happens.

JayEH

To be fair, Hayter is not someone that Konami can use to sell the game to the public, so it was probably not all Kojima's fault.

It's not like the other games in the series needed celebrity voice work to sell. I haven't heard of one person who's hyped for this game because of Sutherland. It's not a Advanced Warfare situation with Spacey.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like the other games in the series needed celebrity voice work to sell. I haven't heard of one person who's hyped for this game because of Sutherland. It's not a Advanced Warfare situation with Spacey.

Yeah but executives are dumb.

Palpable

I have MGS1 Codec as ring tone, what about you guys?

My ringtone is the MGS1 codec ring, but my text tone is the MGSV motif sound. That deep bass 'duuun dun-dun-dun'. Specifically the one from the GZ end credits after the timeline fades and says 'to be continued in TPP'.

Akiller

My ringtone is the MGS1 codec ring, but my text tone is the MGSV motif sound. That deep bass 'duuun dun-dun-dun'. Specifically the one from the GZ end credits after the timeline fades and says 'to be continued in TPP'.

MGSV sound effect heard when XOF patch drops past (rock-climbing) Snake in GZ's opening cutscene.

Wow, How did you get such specific tones?xD

Mgs2 ringtone
Codec or theme?

TheBoss1

MGS2 Codec (Ring)
MGS4 Drebin Points (Messages)

I use a MGS Soundboard app on Android, but it's not been updated in a while. You guys
Infinity Patriot
should post your tones with links. I really need a new message tone that doesn't sound too "gamey".

Palpable

MGS2 Codec (Ring)
MGS4 Drebin Points (Messages)

I use a MGS Soundboard app on Android, but it's not been updated in a while. You guys
Infinity Patriot
should post your tones with links. I really need a new message tone that doesn't sound too "gamey".

I'll do so tonight man.

Palpable

Honestly, whatever you decide to share I will take. I'm very interested in the GZ tones especially.

Alright cool. I'll post what I can find on my PC after I nap. I'll put them up as .mp3 files (unless you have an iPhone and would rather I put them up as .m4r files).

TheBoss1

TheBoss1

I'm out if they try to CoDify/Battlefield MGO. It is a bit concerning since it's been developed in LA.
So because it has vehicles that means it is BF4?
Yeah, I'm really hoping it tries to be an evolution of MGO2 instead of trying to ape Battlefield with vehicles.
So in other words, you rather them limit the scale of this game just so it can appease to only past MGO fans.

I understand you guys concerns but I'm sure they can include almost everything, including vehicles, from the single player without making it "Battlefield".

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want a one-to-one retread of what they've done before and I very much doubt that's going to happen. I loved MGO1/2 to death, but they both had flaws.

There are elements that I'd definitely want to see back, like SOP, CQC, the game modes, and the range of non-lethal weapons; but I'm hoping for some big ol' open maps to play on with those responsive GZ controls.

I don't want a one-to-one retread of what they've done before and I very much doubt that's going to happen. I loved MGO1/2 to death, but they both had flaws.

There are elements that I'd definitely want to see back, like SOP, CQC, the game modes, and the range of non-lethal weapons; but I'm hoping for some big ol' open maps to play on with those responsive GZ controls.

i agree. i wouldn't mind vehicles being involved either. as long as the areas are large and they don't end up in these small compact battles that happen in battlefield due to teammate spawns and such

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
i agree. i wouldn't mind vehicles being involved either. as long as the areas are large and they don't end up in these small compact battles that happen in battlefield due to teammate spawns and such

Yeah, vehicles could be fun on the bigger maps. I'm wondering if you can drive anything other than jeeps, APCs and horses.

The one thing we know of past MGOs is that they let you do pretty much everything you could in SP. From what we've seen of TPP, that's a really exciting prospect. Embrace the new, people!

Embrace bin attacks!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Since the new MGO is probably not a standalone title because Kojima said the new Metal Gear Online will be ready when TPP is makes me think what if we get a new TPP story trailer and in the end they show a small glimpse of MGO with a ....release date?

and yeah i agree, don't 1:1 copy the old MGO formular.

TheBoss1

I never got around to playing MGO2 when it was up and running because I had terrible internet at the time. I think its safe to put this on my list of regrets. I can only imagine the fun y'all had if I had a lot of fun with PWO.

Nvzman

So because it has vehicles that means it is BF4?

So in other words, you rather them limit the scale of this game just so it can appease to only past MGO fans.

I understand you guys concerns but I'm sure they can include almost everything, including vehicles, from the single player without making it "Battlefield".
That's why I said evolution. I don't want it to lose the focus on stealth.

Nvzman

Which Games Director with a fanatical eye for detail do you think is in charge and has final say over everything?
Yes but still, I'm hoping that it retains the stealth-shooter action of MGO2 and doesn't try appealing too much to the COD crowd. I understand that it's Kojima but I never really got to try mgo except Peace Walker, so I'm hoping some of the cool aspects of MGO2 stays so I can experience them myself.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yes but still, I'm hoping that it retains the stealth-shooter action of MGO2 and doesn't try appealing too much to the COD crowd. I understand that it's Kojima but I never really got to try mgo except Peace Walker, so I'm hoping some of the cool aspects of MGO2 stays so I can experience them myself.

What do you mean by "appealing too much to the CoD crowd"? You don't want it to make money? ;D

MGO wasn't really stealthy. It was closer to a tactical shooter. Outside of Team Sneak and Sneaking, positioning, headshots and teamwork were king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom