• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard it both ways but yeah it's really funny that when both Hayter and Piddock are no longer in the game, a whole bunch of people come out saying they were horrible voice actors and they're glad that they'r gone lol. I don't have a problem with having that opinion (I'm not particular fond of either one's work) but it's just funny people bring that up now.

Yeah, exactly. I don't know why, but the hate for anything in Metal Gear is always so delayed. Everyone was fine with Hayter! Until six months passed and... they hated him for no reason. (For example.) MGS4 is masterful! 10/10! Until five years pass and you should feel ashamed for liking it and every post you submit suggesting that you do will be countered by an angry mob. The point, I'm making, is that I just think that the reaction to the voice acting is indicative of the reaction to the series as a whole.

I like how every time Hayter tweets something that screams sarcasm, people are like "Wow. Glad he's gone." Zero's VA was literally bitching about his paycheck on Twitter, I refer to him as unprofessional, and people get defensive. I swear to God, I'm so done once MGSV is out. XD

You should have been done a long time ago regarding those obnoxious threads. It's insanity at its worst with hate from both sides.

JayEH

I'm not going to spend much time in the MGSV OT at all. I'll probably make one post with some dumb comment like "GOTY has arrived" or post a Kojima pic and then get out lol.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I've decided to go for PC on MGSV, sorry console MGO brothers.

Nvzman

I'm still sticking to my PS4 for The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes was awesome at near-locked 60fps and I'm not too sure how my PC can run GZ (would need to be insanely optimized). I like playing with a controller for third person games like this anyways, and doing that on PC would give me an insane disadvantage in MGO.

JayEH

darth-vader-no_zpsdeb6db1e.jpg

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still sticking to my PS4 for The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes was awesome at near-locked 60fps and I'm not too sure how my PC can run GZ (would need to be insanely optimized). I like playing with a controller for third person games like this anyways, and doing that on PC would give me an insane disadvantage in MGO.

I bought a new PC using the Recommended specs for GZ and everything. I'm of course still playing with my PS3 pad, wouldn't have it any other way.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Psh, enjoy your higher resolution and framerate, AA, draw distance, possibility of mods, possibility of a level editor, and possibility of rentable MGO servers where you can cultivate an actual sustainable online community of regulars with rules and map rotations you desire.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ooooh can anyone translate this tweet pls?

2014-12-0317_17_21-onobjze.png

Google translate says this:

If you suddenly see the "trend" of TWITTER, word of "crotch of song", "Phantom Pain" is w

Edit: Eh, it's probably nothing.

This is also pretty impressive. I can already see lot's of Skull Face costumes for halloween next year.

B3yxPAgCQAAxjWG.jpg

B3yxPC8CQAAP7Iv.jpg

Edit2:

Today Hideo Kojima cleaned up at the PlayStation Awards, winning one of each award available. He brought home a User’s Choice Award and a Gold Prize with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, and a 20th Anniversary User Choice Award with Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Yet, his eyes are keenly set towards the future. During his acceptance speeches he mentioned that he doesn’t want to disappoint the fans with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and like with Metal Gear Solid 3, he’d like The Phantom Pain to be still loved ten or twenty years from now, adding that he wouldn’t mind winning the award again with it at the 30th anniversary PlayStation Awards ceremony.

From what we’ve seen so far, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain seems really top-notch. I definitely wouldn’t mind to be here in ten years, reporting on Kojima-san’s 30th anniversary prize.

One thing is for sure: he’ll look exactly the same. Kojima-san never ages.

JayEH

Something about Phantom Pain being a Twitter trend, not really relevant.

It's trending on 12/3 which is December 3 flip that makes 3/12 which is March 12, a Thursday. Games release on Tuesday in US but it's not common that Thursdays are release dates in Japan.. Which would confirm a 3/10 release date for US. I've cracked the code.

LOL I can't believe this is a real briefing.

PW is the king of dumb codec conversations.

Chinner

Banned
bad news, i bought GZ second hand and the code has already been redeemed. i swear if its early access to MGO then dawg will pay :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom