• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS THREAD
tumblr_inline_ngeut5rJaq1s4zxee.gif

Terrible things happen on a slow news day.

brau

Hate to switch gears but, are there any MonHun fans in Outer GAF? I plan to fulton my way over to the MH4U OT on Friday.

oh yea! MH fan right here. I'll be picking up a new 3DS soon to play MH4. Still a bit sour this is just not coming to WiiU by default.

JayEH

Hate to switch gears but, are there any MonHun fans in Outer GAF? I plan to fulton my way over to the MH4U OT on Friday.

I wish I was. I've tried on multiple occasions to get into 3 Ultimate Wii U but with no luck. It's a game series I want to love D:

brau

I wish I was. I've tried on multiple occasions to get into 3 Ultimate Wii U but with no luck. It's a game series I want to love D:

If you ever want to play on wiiU, let me know. Game is awesome. But you do have to go into it with maybe people that know the game to ramp you up.

Lernaean

Banned
No one escapes from the inevitable. Probably everyone in this thread gets mentioned! ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I'm OK being mentioned. You can do whatever you want to my fragile body.
But I'm not OK with you playing your head over that. Watch it.
As it's been said already, no one is expendable.

oh yea! MH fan right here. I'll be picking up a new 3DS soon to play MH4. Still a bit sour this is just not coming to WiiU by default.
Brotheerrrrr!!! I ordered the MH4U 3DSXL (get all that?) from Gamestop. Hopefully I get it before next week. We will have to swap friend codes!

brau

Brotheerrrrr!!! I ordered the MH4U 3DSXL (get all that?) from Gamestop. Hopefully I get it before next week. We will have to swap friend codes!

FOR SURE!!!!

I wanted a MH new 3DS... but they ran out. I'll pick it up next week for sure tho, and then we can go hunting! I am pretty excited for a new MH.

-Deimos

I played the shit out of MHFU on my PSP but they went exclusive in NA after that. Didn't pick up a Wii U until recently so I missed out on MH3.

I'll be picking up MH4 if that 3DS emulator makes enough progress, otherwise I'll wait until the next Wii U version.

JayEH

If you ever want to play on wiiU, let me know. Game is awesome. But you do have to go into it with maybe people that know the game to ramp you up.

yeah I'll take you up on the offer if I ever get back to it. It may be a while though since my backlog is full of JRPGs and the Spring gaming season is about to start.

It took me a while to get into it at first (MHFU days), but eventually I was hooked. I equate it to the Souls series in that way. It can be frustrating and overwhelming when you start out, but once it clicks, its amazing. Did you play solo or with bros? It's way more fun with bros.

I played the shit out of MHFU on my PSP but they went exclusive in NA after that. Didn't pick up a Wii U until recently so I missed out on MH3.

I'll be picking up MH4 if that 3DS emulator makes enough progress, otherwise I'll wait until the next Wii U version.
I feel you man. I was pretty frustrated that Sony lost out on the franchise. I pretty much bought my WiiU for 3U, and I'm buying a 3DS for 4U lol. Quite an expensive series to follow!

brau

yeah I'll take you up on the offer if I ever get back to it. It may be a while though since my backlog is full of JRPGs and the Spring gaming season is about to start.

Yea.. just ping me and we can play.I am always up to hunting some monsters.

I have no idea what is going on. What are you guys up to.

Go to meetings for a few hrs, come back to this haha Thats why this thread takes priority. One blink of an eye, and you are left behind.

-Deimos

It took me a while to get into it at first (MHFU days), but eventually I was hooked. I equate it to the Souls series in that way. It can be frustrating and overwhelming at when you start out, but once it clicks, its amazing. Did you play solo or with bros? It's way more fun with bros.

I feel you man. I was pretty frustrated that Sony lost out on the franchise. I pretty much bought my WiiU for 3U, and I'm buying a 3DS for 4U lol. Quite an expensive series to follow!

Capcom makes it really hard and expensive for people to keep up with the franchise. They might as well make a dedicated MH machine every time a new game is released.

This thread is delivering. Thanks, Chinner! Well, finished Raiden's character profile. Now, onto Big Boss.

9G6s2Go.png

Didn't really want to write anything down since learning about him really adds a whole lot to MGS2. Trying to keep these character profiles and game summaries as friendly to newcomers as possible!

This thread is delivering. Thanks, Chinner! Well, finished Raiden's character profile. Now, onto Big Boss.

9G6s2Go.png

Didn't really want to write anything down since learning about him really adds a whole lot to MGS2. Trying to keep these character profiles and game summaries as friendly to newcomers as possible!
Great job again LD. All it's missing is the infamous 'Did you say nerd?!'

Capcom makes it really hard and expensive for people to keep up with the franchise. They might as well make a dedicated MH machine every time a new game is released.
If you have a PS4 you might want to try out Toukiden Kiwami. I hear its similar mechanically to MonHun. I might get it myself.

brau

If you have a PS4 you might want to try out Toukiden Kiwami. I hear its similar mechanically to MonHun. I might get it myself.

Toukiden was fun. Played it a lot on the Vita. It is a good entry... but far from MH. But still a good game.

JayEH

I have no idea what is going on. What are you guys up to.

Go to meetings for a few hrs, come back to this haha Thats why this thread takes priority. One blink of an eye, and you are left behind.

If you really want to know...go back one page...

JayEH

I agree with this. Just put the nerd quote. Let people #DealWithIt.

Good work btw.

9G6s2Go.png

It's awesome, but I miss MGS4 Raiden (aka. best looking Raiden).

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

9G6s2Go.png

MajesticLinedArmadillo.gif

You're pretty good!

The MGS4 render looks a bit out of place there. Why don't you try some art instead, just a suggestion.
Will send you a PM.

I agree with this. Just put the nerd quote. Let people #DealWithIt.

Good work btw.

It's awesome, but I miss MGS4 Raiden (aka. best looking Raiden).

Thank you, brothers!!!! Appreciate the advice; I will probably end up swapping out that MGR:R MGS4-based model of Raiden out for something a bit later. Or maybe moving it around a bit. Because it does look a bit out of place, as is. So, I'll see what I can do about that!

9G6s2Go.png

Very nice Love Deterrence!

This thread is never boring. I'm sure when I wake up in 8 hours, there will be something else crazy waiting for me.

You guys. :D

Can't say it will be finished in 8 hours as I am going to sleep now. But you will definitely see something like this sometime tomorrow. (Atleast in less than 24 hours)

kbkw6t9a.png

9G6s2Go.png

Looks excellent! Such a cool character. I just rebought MGS4. I haven't played it since release and I'm really stoked to reexperience it. I wasn't an enormous fan of 4 after my love of the rest of the series, but I think I'll like it much better this time around.

The corniness killed me. I just think I was too young to realize that's what it was with the older titles, and thought 4 was a departure. Turns out its all corny and campy.

Rean

9G6s2Go.png

Nice work!

Pinewood

9G6s2Go.png

Fantastic job. Erotic fanfiction hasn't slowed you down one bit.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Needs more MGS4 Raiden though.

And the health bar should be MGR:R with the revengeance mode activated
leuhkikcskn4.gif

JayEH

Looks excellent! Such a cool character. I just rebought MGS4. I haven't played it since release and I'm really stoked to reexperience it. I wasn't an enormous fan of 4 after my love of the rest of the series, but I think I'll like it much better this time around.

The corniness killed me. I just think I was too young to realize that's what it was with the older titles, and thought 4 was a departure. Turns out its all corny and campy.

I would say 4 is on another level with the corniness.

it certainly is all corny and campy. but mgs4 is the worst of it by far

JayEH

Phew. Glad it wasn't just me. I've played all the other games almost double digit times, and then 4 I've only played once. I'm really hoping awareness of what it is help it become more palatable.

I still enjoy since it since it's still Metal Gear but 4 didn't feel like Kojima was really into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom