• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks excellent! Such a cool character. I just rebought MGS4. I haven't played it since release and I'm really stoked to reexperience it. I wasn't an enormous fan of 4 after my love of the rest of the series, but I think I'll like it much better this time around.

The corniness killed me. I just think I was too young to realize that's what it was with the older titles, and thought 4 was a departure. Turns out its all corny and campy.

Nice work!

Fantastic job. Erotic fanfiction hasn't slowed you down one bit.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Needs more MGS4 Raiden though.

And the health bar should be MGR:R with the revengeance mode activated
leuhkikcskn4.gif

LD, how about adding some watermelons?

You can never have enough Shinkawa art.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Looks great, very nice work!

Thanks, everyone!!!! Just made another revision:

Kx6oh0b.png

Also, sorry for lack of watermelon. Oh, and good luck with MGS4, Sheriff!

Oh, and good luck with MGS4, Sheriff!

Thank you! Right now, though, my PS3 boots up to the main menu. I click MGS4. It says it needs the 2.0 software update. It has a progress bar before opening the game that reachs 100% and theeeeeeen....

Nothing. Black screen. It doing this with a couple of games so I'm worried. It stays powered on and clearly the video input isn't disrupted because the screen is backlit a little... but it's just a black screen. I let it run for like 10 minutes and it didn't force out of that or anything. Anyone have any experience?

JayEH

Thank you! Right now, though, my PS3 boots up to the main menu. I click MGS4. It says it needs the 2.0 software update. It has a progress bar before opening the game that reachs 100% and theeeeeeen....

Nothing. Black screen. It doing this with a couple of games so I'm worried. It stays powered on and clearly the video input isn't disrupted because the screen is backlit a little... but it's just a black screen. I let it run for like 10 minutes and it didn't force out of that or anything. Anyone have any experience?

How old is your PS3?

DevilFox

This one is hilarious.

He clearly doesn't like the song
leuhkikcskn4.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsUGyfW-ZYc

Agreed, he doesn't get enough love.

Donna Burke even commented on Tactic Productionz's video so I guess he wins lol.

SneakingFox is working on a true entry for the contest I think (he teased something). Me and Tactic did a very quick edit at the same time but Sneaking seems to have taken the contest/video a lot more seriously so I really expect an awesome video from him. :)

You can never have enough Shinkawa art.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Never enough, indeed. Still love this live paint from him.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
You forgot the part where 90% of the game is moving soldiers to your truck

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
and yet konami doesn't seem to want my $10 to let me do that

I remenber when that bug happened and you could dl every PSP and PS1 game, I got Portable Ops on my Vita and played a bit and was all ready to go and then my brother deleted it because he's a prick.
Fuck my brother.

I remenber when that bug happened and you could dl every PSP and PS1 game, I got Portable Ops on my Vita and played a bit and was all ready to go and then my brother deleted it because he's a prick.
Fuck my brother.

Make up with your brother!

Otherwise, next thing you know, someone will have your brother's arm grafted their body but his ID will take over and he'll continue to taunt you!

Fuck my brother.

i'm so pissed i didn't take advantage of that at the time. i thought it was going to lead to something permanent

Yeah, for sure. That's why I couldn't part with it! PS1 & 2 compatibility. Also a whopping price tag. I'll keep y'all updated. Thanks for giving me a listen!

Good news. Got my game to boot, but only after a restoring to default settings. Silly me didn't realize it deleted alllllll my saves. Fortunately, PS+ backed it up... back in November. Either way, still pleased all is running smoothly. Only game I was worried about was Disgaea D2 since it's the only PS3 game my friend and I were currently playing and he's doing alllllllll the playing. So, that was his hours of grinding lost, not mine.

He wasn't too upset. He is a far more patient friend than I when it comes to that. If I lost 15 or so hours of grinding I'd just toss the disc out the window.

And now we watch Snake smoke a cigarette for the next 20 minutes.

That's one handsome man you got down there in bottom-left.

image.php

Can't disagree with you one bit!

Nice touch with the quote LD. How many more profiles are you working on now?

Thank you! Actually, I was only doing profiles for the playable characters in the canon games (so, Solid Snake, Raiden and Big Boss) and want to knock out the rest of the games ASAP-- especially with this thread nearing 400 pages!

I have a suggestion. I would replace the Naked Snake header with Big Boss since you call him Big Boss in the opening sentence. Other than that it looks good as always.

Thank you! Yeah, I know, man... ;_; I really want a Big Boss health bar, but unfortunately... The games in which Big Boss is playable don't feature a health bar that says anything other than "Naked Snake" or (player name, Peace Walker). But if I come across something like that, I will totally do that!

awesome but no TPP big boss in the wallpaper?

Thanks! Two bits of Shinkawa art!

raven777

Man Sony Korea is having short conference video this Friday and they might announce MGSV Korean localization! Hope we get a release date soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom