• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to follow a lot of anime. But no more. The only one i still follow is One Piece.

Other ones that i was big into was Ippo, Onizuka, Full Metal Panic... and so on. Wanted to get into some of the new ones, but they are too random sometimes. Kill La Kill, way to out there, and i like FLCL. lol.

I'll have to look into that one tho, and see. The last anime i tried watching was Space Dandy.

FLCL and Gurren Lagann are Gainax and Kill la Kill is Trigger, which is an offshoot of Gainax. It's similar to FLCL and Kill la Kill. Way less over the top as Kill la Kill. I'd say way more of a gradual rise than a straight into insanity.

From what you've told me I think you'd really enjoy it!

I used to follow a lot of anime. But no more. The only one i still follow is One Piece.

Other ones that i was big into was Ippo, Onizuka, Full Metal Panic... and so on. Wanted to get into some of the new ones, but they are too random sometimes. Kill La Kill, way to out there, and i like FLCL. lol.

I'll have to look into that one tho, and see. The last anime i tried watching was Space Dandy.

Parasyte the maxim, Durarara, Tokyo Ghoul and Kuroko Basketball is all you need. go to crunchyroll asap!

brau

FLCL and Gurren Lagann are Gainax and Kill la Kill is Trigger, which is an offshoot of Gainax. It's similar to FLCL and Kill la Kill. Way less over the top as Kill la Kill. I'd say way more of a gradual rise than a straight into insanity.

From what you've told me I think you'd really enjoy it!

Best anime in the world, it will make you grow about 8 more pairs of balls.

Parasyte the maxim, Durarara, Tokyo Ghoul and Kuroko Basketball is all you need. go to crunchyroll asap!

Awesome. I'll have to queue up some episodes then. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Okay guys, I'm getting some rest now. Prepare your snakes for tomorrow! When it's time for:

3othciu5.png

Rean

System Error: "Bitch please, you're embarrassing me! But thank you."

I don't know why, but I started to read your lines in a big black lady voice from this point onwards.

Vally

I just read the fanfic... wow. 'Remember the basics of SEX' made me laugh more than it should have. Awaiting part 2!

I wonder what Kojima would think of this... either he'd love it or he would remove our poster from their offices right away lol

Pinewood

I just read the fanfic... wow. 'Remember the basics of SEX' made me laugh more than it should have. Awaiting part 2!

I wonder what Kojima would think of this... either he'd love it or he would remove our poster from their offices right away lol

He would def remove the poster

And put it into his office

I wish I was on that poster :(

Dawg

That poster is our greatest achievement.

It all started as a random idea. I still can't believe it's actually hanging in the konami HQ :lol

What is the story behind that poster? Can you please shed some light on this?

Edit: sorry, double post.

It started around gamescom when Dawg and patriot just came up with the idea, and somehow dawg wasn't able to attend. Long story short Tora aka "Top exec of Konami" offered to deliver it to Kojima and now MGS-Gaf is hanging on Konami Japan HQ

Dawg

I'm still sad I missed out on meeting Kojima because that German theater HAD TO close at 10pm.

I could feel the disappointment in the air. Some people had incredible cosplay costumes just to meet Kojima. I felt even more bad for them than for myself.

I still remember standing there with the GAF poster in my container. I was so excited to show it to him in person. I was about to meet the mastermind.

The ride home with my bro was a sad one. Gamescom was great and all, but both of us were secretly looking forward to the Kojima meeting the most.

I'm still sad I missed out on meeting Kojima because that German theater HAD TO close at 10pm.

I could feel the disappointment in the air. Some people had incredible cosplay costumes just to meet Kojima. I felt even more bad for them than for myself.

I still remember standing there with the GAF poster in my container. I was so excited to show it to him in person. I was about to meet the mastermind.

The ride home with my bro was a sad one. Gamescom was great and all, but both of us were secretly looking forward to the Kojima meeting the most.
Damn, I remember when that all went down. I think I wasn't active in the community at the time, but I felt bad for you.

I remember this too, except you were banned, and I was super sad.
I wanted at least one of us Diamond Dawgus to get to meet our Big Boss...

JayEH

I remember this too, except you were banned, and I was super sad.
I wanted at least one of us Diamond Dawgus to get to meet our Big Boss...

PM me and you can meet my Big Boss.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

That's shitty. Don't worry he'll be at Gamescom this year to promote the November release of TPP.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Hopefully there will be future opportunities.

Kojima came here to Seattle for PAX prime a couple years ago. Went to his presentation and he had a meet and greet type thing afterwards, but the line was hours long and he could only stay for a little bit.

It's never too late though! If it does happen sooner than later, aspire to be someone that Kojima wants to meet instead! Now, go! Become the legend!!

JayEH

Hopefully there will be future opportunities.

Kojima came here to Seattle for PAX prime a couple years ago. Went to his presentation and he had a meet and greet type thing afterwards, but the line was hours long and he could only stay for a little bit.

It's never too late though! If it does happen sooner than later, aspire to be someone that Kojima wants to meet instead! Now, go! Become the legend!!

Was that the one where he showed off Ground Zeroes publicly for the first time?

When I read that post, my music player choosed by random MGS3 OST - Debriefing. I almost saluted unwittingly.

JayEH

My dad has a cat. He's ok I guess. I have a real man's pet: a 80 pound (slightly overweight) beagle/bulldog mix.

Pinewood

I have a long-haired dachshund
or however you spell that
A true Diamond Dog, rubbing his nose in bloody battlefield dirt

E: A true FOXHOUND, if you know what I mean
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Choomp

Banned
How worth it is playing through everything again for TPP? I just played through MGS3 and I've seemed to hit a wall in MGS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom