• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

#teamdawg or #teamcat ?

You know the answer.
3e225d248b.jpg

Sad times I mean Dawg was banned a few weeks earlier, then Shadow LD got banned as well.

Hahaha! Man, that sucked.

How worth it is playing through everything again for TPP? I just played through MGS3 and I've seemed to hit a wall in MGS1.

Well, don't force yourself into playing anything you don't want to! But if nothing else, make sure you at least get to play MGS3, MGSPW, and MGSVGZ - if you play anything. Kojima said that MGSVTPP will be welcoming to newcomers since bits of Snake's story will reveal themselves throughout the game!

Only pic I have right now. Had to share with you guys

Bruh.

My dog Clyde.

Dachhunds for life, German Engineering Ja!

Such a misunderstood breed, much like Pitbulls. The one thing people don't understand about these lovely hounds is that they are extremely stubborn and nearly impossible to train. That said they are extremely protective, loving, and typically bond to one person and become extremely attached to that person and as long as you are an Alpha dog in the Pack mentality you won't have too many issues. They don't do well being left alone for long hours, and they require a lot of attention compared to other dogs and have a lot of specific health problems.

Clyde is about 9 or 10 now, we've had him for awhile and we rescued him. He was being locked up in a cage and barely fed anything for almost 18 hours a day and lived in a crackhouse, someone actually stabbed him at some point because he has a small knife wound on his side.

He is probably the greatest dog I've ever known and my best friend and brother. He saved my mother's life four times, and my life on another occasion.

Dogs to me can be so much more, cats can go fuck off though.

Dogs are the best, truly man's best friend and it doesn't help I've had a deep bond with dogs since I was a kid. Everybody calls me the dog whisperer lol, because no matter a dogs past they seem to always love me. One of my Aunts has a dog that will bite/attack any man or male dog that comes near her or the dog itself, but she will literally lay next to me or on me and roll over for me.

She doesn't do that for anyone else, even my Aunt lol.

JayEH

Bruh.

My dog Clyde.

Such a misunderstood breed, much like Pitbulls. The one thing people don't understand about these lovely hounds is that they are extremely stubborn and nearly impossible to train. That said they are extremely protective, loving, and typically bond to one person and become extremely attached to that person and as long as you are an Alpha dog in the Pack mentality you won't have too many issues. They don't do well being left alone for long hours, and they require a lot of attention compared to other dogs and have a lot of specific health problems.

Clyde is about 9 or 10 now, we've had him for awhile and we rescued him. He was being locked up in a cage and barely fed anything for almost 18 hours a day and lived in a crackhouse, someone actually stabbed him at some point because he has a small knife wound on his side.

He is probably the greatest dog I've ever known and my best friend and brother. He saved my mother's life four times, and my life on another occasion.

Dogs are the best, truly man's best friend and it doesn't help I've had a deep bond with dogs since I was a kid. Everybody calls me the dog whisperer lol, because no matter a dogs past they seem to always love me. One of my Aunts has a dog that will bite/attack any man or male dog that comes near her or the dog itself, but she will literally lay next to me or on me and roll over for me.

Fucking pisses me off when people get dogs and want nothing to do with them after.

Bruh.

My dog Clyde.

2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg

Dawg

Bruh.

My dog Clyde.

Warms my heart reading this, bro.

Was that the one where he showed off Ground Zeroes publicly for the first time?

Yep! Kojima wore this awesome FOXHOUND shirt too that had the entire logo covered in diamonds (probably sequins or some shiny studs or whatever). It was was a really surreal experience. It was funny at the time because many of the people were speculating who Chico was because I think most people in the audience hadn't played Peace Walker. Walking out, everyone was trying to figure it out and my friends and I were just baffled since the opening dialogue said they were rescuing Chico and Paz. Was fun stuff.

Bruh.

My dog Clyde.

Any talk of animal abuse boils my blood like crazy, but I'm really happy to hear the dog in a better home. Just wish people would understand that Pitbulls and other "dangerous" dogs do not act that way on their own. They are just as loving as other breeds if you just take care of them like a loving person ffs.

Yep! Kojima wore this awesome FOXHOUND shirt too that had the entire logo covered in diamonds (probably sequins or some shiny studs or whatever). It was was a really surreal experience. It was funny at the time because many of the people were speculating who Chico was because I think most people in the audience hadn't played Peace Walker. Walking out, everyone was trying to figure it out and my friends and I were just baffled since the opening dialogue said they were rescuing Chico and Paz. Was fun stuff.

Any talk of animal abuse boils my blood like crazy, but I'm really happy to hear the dog in a better home. Just wish people would understand that Pitbulls and other "dangerous" dogs do not act that way on their own. They are just as loving as other breeds if you just take care of them like a loving person ffs.

Animal abuse and neglect for me, is just as disgusting as pedophilia or murder.

I just don't know how people can do that kind of shit to animals, let alone to other people. Humanity really disgusts me more often than warming my heart and I find that alarming.

That said I'd like to think he's a pretty happy dog.

It makes me incredibly angry that someone would actually stab something that loving and cute, that said I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his bite if he was actually defending his loved ones. I've seen some Dachshund bites and you'd think a pitbull would've got the person instead of a little dachshund.

That's the fallacy though, as these dogs were bred to fight and hunt badgers, foxes, and rabbits as well as other small ground based animals. A true Dachshund from good stock, is a voracious hunter and Clyde lives up to that legacy to a tee.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah we're getting a release date before the end of february.

They keep doing this now every few hours.

hrA3lhA.png

I'm still sad I missed out on meeting Kojima because that German theater HAD TO close at 10pm.

I could feel the disappointment in the air. Some people had incredible cosplay costumes just to meet Kojima. I felt even more bad for them than for myself.

I still remember standing there with the GAF poster in my container. I was so excited to show it to him in person. I was about to meet the mastermind.

The ride home with my bro was a sad one. Gamescom was great and all, but both of us were secretly looking forward to the Kojima meeting the most.
That stinks. I hope you get another chance man.

Sn4ke_911

I ain't pre-ordering shit until you show me the CE, Konami!

Yep, I normally don't buy collectors editions but for MGSV i'll go all in.

Just give me a huge package with lots of extra stuff like Shinkawa artbook, some figure or the prosthetic arm, soundtrack, making-of, stickers, maybe a t-shirt... etc. and I'm willing to pay good money for it.

Dawg

Twitter account spamming "pre-order pls!" + Kojima saying "release date soon" + Konami exec Tora teasing in the community thread...

It's happening and it's happening real soon. February will have the release date, june will be the moment it'll happen. Or close to june anyway.

Twitter account spamming "pre-order pls!" + Kojima saying "release date soon" + Konami exec Tora teasing in the community thread...

It's happening and it's happening real soon. February will have the release date, june will be the moment it'll happen. Or close to june anyway.

And the RAD tweet!

Sn4ke_911

Yeah I think so too... february release date announcement and june release.

Or maybe before june because I highly doubt they want to compete with Batman :3

Team
V/
V/
201V

I can hear the whistle blowing now. Took a break from the train from a bit, but it's getting louder now.

JayEH

Yeah I think so too... february release date announcement and june release.

Or maybe before june because I highly doubt they want to compete with Batman :3

Kojima ain't afraid of the bat. He'll launch same day to kick their ass.

But I think he'll go V/V/201V it's just too good for him to pass up.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Kojima if you want me to preorder then announce if there's going to be LEs first

Sn4ke_911

Kojima ain't afraid of the bat. He'll launch same day to kick their ass.

But I think he'll go V/V/201V it's just too good for him to pass up.

Well he should be because let's face it MGSV wouldn't hold a candle against Bats. (ofc I'm only talking about sales)

It would be so ridiculously awesome if they can manage to release MGSV on V/V/201V.

It's also a tuesday, it would be too perfect... and since Kojima is a perfectionist this must happen!

Dawg

Well he should be because let's face it MGSV wouldn't hold a candle against Bats. (ofc I'm only talking about sales)

It would be so ridiculously awesome if they can manage to release MGSV on V/V/201V.

It's also a tuesday, it would be too perfect... and since Kojima is a perfectionist this must happen!

Bruh.

Metal Gear Solid V will sell more than Batman.

Metal Gear Solid 4 sold more than Arkham City and it was exclusive.

Yeah The Bat is a force to be reckoned with in the States agreed, kojima should find some breathing room and May is perfect. Batman ain't no joke people.

Btw my heart sinks when this thread is grey ;_; random anyone watching the tnt game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom