• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lyT3Fyy.png

Why is everyone OK with Tora calling me Shit-Stirrer Extraordinaire?!

Why are you not?!

Why is everyone OK with Tora calling me Shit-Stirrer Extraordinaire?!

Smh.

Because like Sn4ke you are the Hype stirrer, the stirrer of all hypes and troubles.

Thus, we dub thee Shitstorm Dawgu.

Love you Dawg, please leave my base alone.

Yes, sorry, will hopefully reply tomorrow. Thank you for reminding me.

Only because we <3 you.
And because you are a troublemaker.

Thanks Tora! You are the best around!

lyT3Fyy.png

Why are you not?!

You cannot deter my love for all this amazing work for the OT.

*man tears*

Awesome, Brother!

I have a soft spot for MGS2 :)

Thank you, brother!! MGS2 is my all-time favorite, despite MGSGAF trying to pull me over to MGS3 as GOAT! (Though, I can't necessarily disagree!)

As always, You're pretty good!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

I love how you keep the text short and dont spill the beans for newcomers

Thank you!! Trying to keep it relatively spoiler-free, though the same rules will apply to OT2 as the current: No TPP spoilers!!!! (And of course "No David Hayter whining please." :smugface:)

Looks good. The blue 'Plant' is a bit hard to read though. It could be my monitor doe...

Thanks!! Yeah, I know what you mean-- I wanted to go for blue since it's the color of the start menu after completing the Plant chapter, but I'll see if I can make it a bit more eligible!

You cannot deter my love for all this amazing work for the OT.

*man tears*

Thank you, brother! MGS3salute.gif to you, too, good sir!

Very nice! Though
Substance was never an Xbox original.

Thank you, best Junior Member ever! Also, Substance was never exclusive - per se, however, it did originally release for the Xbox (later PC, then PS2)! Anyways, looking forward to seeing how sticky things get in Naughty Dawgs Part 2!

Decided to go with the MGS3 TIME PARADOX font this time around, thought it just looked better with all the communist soil and whatnot in the picture! :p

eX8JCSt.png

Time for my daily congratulations to LD for his OT work.

Thank you, onii-chan~!! ^_^ Appreciate it as always, NUDISTO!

Awesome.

Even awesomer!

Haha! Thank you! MGS2 is so amazing. Really changed what video games are to me. Most people these days play MGS2 and complain about the controls, lengthy dialogue, or what have you. But it's all standard to me. If not for MGS2, I don't think I would have any interest in video games today!

Nah, I was familiar with ejaculation before i met him.

ibm9ecyshnrypk0qqo.gif

Alienous

metal_gear_solid_hd_edition__snake_raiden__by_outer_heaven1974-d5yrgex.jpg

This artwork absolutely must make an appearance somewhere.

But good job, LD, I'm looking forward to the finished work. If you need any help with anything I'd be happy to oblige.

Anyone in Outer GAF who's favorite isn't MGS2 is a communist.

Well I guess my name must be Granin, because MGS3 is the best game in the franchise.

Anyone in Outer GAF who's favorite isn't MGS2 is a communist.

Looks a bit shit m8

Nah, good as always. Keep up the good work LD!

metal_gear_solid_hd_edition__snake_raiden__by_outer_heaven1974-d5yrgex.jpg

This artwork absolutely must make an appearance somewhere.

But good job, LD, I'm looking forward to the finished work. If you need any help with anything I'd be happy to oblige.

Well I guess my name must be Granin, because MGS3 is the best game in the franchise.

Hahahaha! Thanks, guys! Don't worry, Alienous. That particular art is one of my favorite pieces and will be featured in the OP!

brau

Decided to go with the MGS3 TIME PARADOX font this time around, thought it just looked better with all the communist soil and whatnot in the picture! :p

eX8JCSt.png

Thank you, onii-chan~!! ^_^ Appreciate it as always, NUDISTO!

Haha! Thank you! MGS2 is so amazing. Really changed what video games are to me. Most people these days play MGS2 and complain about the controls, lengthy dialogue, or what have you. But it's all standard to me. If not for MGS2, I don't think I would have any interest in video games today!

ibm9ecyshnrypk0qqo.gif

nitpicking your awesome efforts LD.

But these sheet is way tough to read. All the words on caps on the right blend together way too much. the red ones stand out, but the white just kinda gets lost having you make more effort to look at it to read... or you know.. lost interest and move on.

Ashamed that is what i did.

Also, what is with the collage of images at the bottom? I know you are going over them and refining them, but the bottom looks jumbled up.

Apart from that, loving all the work man. Keep it up, and take my comments with a grain of salt.

Hahahaha! Thanks, guys! Don't worry, Alienous. That particular art is one of my favorite pieces and will be featured in the OP!

I like the MGS3 banner, especially the part with the Ape Escape picture.
Unfortunately most people won't be able to play this part. :/

Also, would you please find the source of this artwork Video and include it into the OP aswell? I mean the Artwork with Mery, Solid Snake & Gray Fox, though only the Meryl part is necessary for me.
13.gif

Thank you in advance!

I hate cats.

hate.jpg

shaki123

I am about to buy The Twin Snakes for the Gamecube and I have read some conflicting reports regarding widescreen functionality. Is this game presented in 16:9? Can anybody confirm this for me? Because I simply cannot wait to replay this gem of a game. I have extremely fond memories of this one, and yes I played the original on PSX.

Thanks in advance..

EDIT: Apparently I cannot CTRL+B my title, so it kind of looks stupid atm. lol

Pinewood

In class, learning Solida and Liquids
fuels

Which gave me an idea. MGS 6 should star Jhonny after MGS 4 with the codename Gassy Snake :smugface:

Gotcha. I was wondering what digital entertainment was meaning. I thought it was some weird new endeavor you guys were doing.

Also while I got you. Bring Portable Ops to Vita in NA!

i get the feeling he's not at liberty to discuss this unfortunately :(

I would like to start the petition to change your title to "Shit-Stirrer Extraordinaire".

this is actually a naughty dawgs part 2 spoiler, damn you tora!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
YOU are a member of Foxhound!

What is your Foxhound name and gimmick? How would the boss battle play out?

Mine? Well, I'm glad you asked:

I'd be RAYGUN VIRUS!

A mad science-commando armed with a state-of-the-art experimental raygun. It fires a screen-wide beam that only careful placed cover would stop. I would also use a variation on the Stealth Camo that, rather than hides me, projects multiple, completely independent copies of myself to distract Snake (hence the VIRUS bit). If Snake bumps into one of these copies, he would be temporarily stunned by an electrical discharge, leaving him vulnerable to my deadly raygun!

Imagine Bomberman meets Pac-Man and you'll get the idea.

What about you, OuterGAF?

JayEH

I am about to buy The Twin Snakes for the Gamecube and I have read some conflicting reports regarding widescreen functionality. Is this game presented in 16:9? Can anybody confirm this for me? Because I simply cannot wait to replay this gem of a game. I have extremely fond memories of this one, and yes I played the original on PSX.

Thanks in advance..

EDIT: Apparently I cannot CTRL+B my title, so it kind of looks stupid atm. lol

It doesn't support 16:9 on GC. The only option you would have is to probably use Dolphin.

Jingo

Kojima is the ultimate troll, lets be honest, witch other game would do a trailer like the e3 2013 one, so big, so charming, for a game that was at least 2 years away? No one, theres no other game with this, those kind of trailers usually drops out like 1 year or less at worse, this is why the waiting for this game is so painfull, too much information and reveal too soon!

brau

Kojima is the ultimate troll, lets be honest, witch other game would do a trailer like the e3 2013 one, so big, so charming, for a game that was at least 2 years away? No one, theres no other game with this, those kind of trailers usually drops out like 1 year or less at worse, this is why the waiting for this game is so painfull, too much information and reveal too soon!

IMO... i rather have Kojima take his time with this game, than release a rushed version like MGS4. This one is shaping up to be his greatest game, and it shows. The lack of commitment to a specific release date sometimes frustrates me. But for the most part. I am quite happy he will deliver.

But yea....
Kojima is King Troll over the mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom