• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rean

Man I swear most of you guys are using the inferior white theme of NeoGAF because I see stuff that isn't transparent all the time like that emoticon. It has a white cube square around it so you guys must be using that white theme :c

I can't even go back after using dark.
I feel like I'll go blind if I went back to light gaf.

Skullface

Since everyone else is saying where they're from, I'm from Washington D.C.

I've just started playing X for the first time. I'm about 5 hours in so far, I've been enjoying it so far. It shows its age at times but its still fun.

He knows.

tumblr_inline_msq2bzjPKy1qz4rgp.jpg

I'm jealous that you're playing it for the first time! I've played through it 2-3 times. I'll be honest, I was dissapointed the first time I played it because it was the first corridor style FF. I actually gave up on it about 5 hours into it. Then I played it about a year later because I was grounded for a year after I was arrested. It was the only game in my collection I hadn't given a chance, let alone beat. I loved the hell out of the game during that play through.

smug.gif

Dakota Johnson is fine so I wouldn't mind seeing that.

It's also one of those movies that you have a 92.1896% of getting laid afterwards. If you're already dating the girl for long enough, that shoots to 99.0167% . I was gunna get laid tonight dammit! I just had to suffer for a few hours first 😡

Man I swear most of you guys are using the inferior white theme of NeoGAF because I see stuff that isn't transparent all the time like that emoticon. It has a white cube square around it so you guys must be using that white theme :c

I can't even go back after using dark.

The biggest, blackest theme

Dawg

Speaking of your home country, your spelling and grammar is so good that I assumed you were American for a long time. Do you have any idea how many Americans lack the English skills that you posess?/

Heh, thanks. I actually met some people that also thought I was American for a similar reason :lol I'm happy with my English, but I feel like I lack the expertise to write longer posts or stories. I tend to prefer simpler words, I guess. Or I just have trouble findind the right words. I guess that's just the difference between good English and having English as your First language?

I have no idea why my English is good though. I never really studied English until late in high school when I was already experienced. I'd skip English classes and still get 90% or more on my exams while others were struggling to get 50%. I kinda felt bad for them.

The weird thing is that my French is really bad. Like... I only know super basic stuff :c And that sucks... because I just HAD to be born in a country where French is almost as important as Dutch because loads of jobs require decent French. It sucks...

JayEH

I'm jealous that you're playing it for the first time! I've played through it 2-3 times. I'll be honest, I was dissapointed the first time I played it because it was the first corridor style FF. I actually gave up on it about 5 hours into it. Then I played it about a year later because I was grounded for a year after I was arrested. It was the only game in my collection I hadn't given a chance, let alone beat. I loved the hell out of the game during that play through.

It's also one of those movies that you have a 92.1896% of getting laid afterwards. If you're already dating the girl for long enough, that shoots to 99.0167% . I was gunna get laid tonight dammit! I just had to suffer for a few hours first ��

Yeah there's that too lol. The Notebook is a 100% guarantee each time.

Heh, thanks. I actually met some people that also thought I was American for a similar reason :lol I'm happy with my English, but I feel like I lack the expertise to write longer posts or stories. I tend to prefer simpler words, I guess. Or I just have trouble findind the right words. I guess that's just the difference between good English and having English as your First language?

I have no idea why my English is good though. I never really studied English until late in high school when I was already experienced. I'd skip English classes and still get 90% or more on my exams while others were struggling to get 50%. I kinda felt bad for them.

The weird thing is that my French is really bad. Like... I only know super basic stuff :c And that sucks... because I just HAD to be born in a country where French is almost as important as Dutch because loads of jobs require decent French. It sucks...

dude, knowing 2 languages and writing well in both is extremely impressive. i took 4 years of french and can't say more than a few words. classic american laziness i guess

Dawg

dude, knowing 2 languages and writing well in both is extremely impressive. i took 4 years of french and can't say more than a few words. classic american laziness i guess

I honestly think there's only ONE reason my English could be this good.

Videogames.

Rajang

I honestly think there's only ONE reason my English could be this good.

Videogames.

Yeah, same here. But I also watched alot of movies as a kid and tv shows with Dutch subtitles. And I grew up with English music as well (like everybody here in the west of Europe).

Im drinking a bottle of wine by myself.

It's a cheap italian Lambrusco wine. :>

Is it made by Riunite?

Not terrible but then again I don't like wine.

Currently comtemplating pouring myself a glass of whiskey even though I'm not supposed to drink liquor right now. I fucking hate V-day, every time it reminds me of my dead ex.

Fuck it gonna smoke some weed and play Ground Zeroes or something, I'll have a stream up in a bit.

No, it's Chiarli.

You're Dutch right?

Man you guys should be getting some great Belgian and German beer imports, why drink that trash?

Gotta get yourself some Saint Bernardus or Baccus in your life fellow Diamond Dawg, that's like shit American Belgian import tier.

Since for some reason the Belgians don't like to export a lot of their beers over here.

Man, I had this Trippel once....oh my God.

Dawg

You're Dutch right?

Man you guys should be getting some great Belgian and German beer imports, why drink that trash?

Gotta get yourself some Saint Bernardus or Baccus in your life fellow Diamond Dawg.

dis is me drinking legit belgian beer

10888941_937937582907h8u5k.jpg

shortly before getting wasted, embarrassing myself in front of friends (as usual) and nearly missing my train back home, also made a drunk thread here on gaf despite people thinking i was faking it

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

shortly before getting wasted, embarrassing myself in front of friends (as usual) and nearly missing my train back home, also made a drunk thread here on gaf despite people thinking i was faking it

WTF Dawg how old are you?

Rajang

You're Dutch right?

Gotta get yourself some Saint Bernardus or Baccus in your life fellow Diamond Dawg, that's like shit American Belgian import tier.

Since for some reason the Belgians don't like to export a lot of their beers over here.

Man, I had this Trippel once....oh my God.

Yeah, you're right but I don't have anything else atm. :<

Belgian and German beer are GOAT indeed.

Duvel is a beer I like alot. I went to Brussels with my gf and we went to a cafe called Delirium, where they have 3000 different beers. It was heaven.

Dawg you're so young or are you vampire ?

That looks like either a Golden Ale or a Trippel... although the cloudiness and color also reminds me greatly of the wonderful Blanche De Bruxelle.

My favorite trippel is Trippel Karmaliet by Brouwerij Bosteels.

The single best Trippel or Golden Blond style beer ever created in my opinion Dawgu~

Dawg

Dawg you're so young or are you vampire ?

:>
i'm 22

That looks like either a Golden Ale or a Trippel... although the cloudiness and color also reminds me greatly of the wonderful Blanche De Bruxelle.

My favorite trippel is Trippel Karmaliet by Brouwerij Bosteels.

The single best Trippel or Golden Blond style beer ever created in my opinion Dawgu~

You have good taste, Royale Dukuu~~

Yeah, you're right but I don't have anything else atm. :<

Belgian and German beer are GOAT indeed.

Duvel is a beer I like alot. I went to Brussels with my gf and we went to a cafe called Delirium, where they have 3000 different beers. It was heaven.

Duvel is great, and a pretty common one to find over here. Trippel Karmaliet is the best man... oh or a good Farmhouse Ale or traditional Sour.

Delirium! Man the beer ingredient shop I used to work at, my boss did this huge trip across Belgium, anyway he told me many stories of Delirium which was his favorite stop in the entire journey.

Personally I just love a lot of Belgian and German beers my favorite German beers are:

WiessBier, there is only one company in America that can produce the kind of Weissbier I once had from a friend who snuck it back from some rural part of Germany near Austria. The name of the company is Prost, and they are Based in Denver, Colorado. A wonderful mouthfilling wheat beer with a barely noticeable bitterness, and full of incredible flavor. Notes of banana, clove, citrus, cracked wheat and pale malt combine with a wonderful bready and spicy yeast character. A wonderful beer really.

Roggenbier, An ancient German beer based on Wiessbier with a Rye and bock style backbone. Up to 70% Rye, leading to a very spicy, earthy, and bready, slightly tart beer with all the notes of a bock and weissbier.

Bock, Bocks are great for wintertime. One of the darkest German beers, think of it as a re-engineered Stout.

Octoberfest Marzen is probably my bar none favorite, the rich malty and hoppy notes of these lagers are mouth watering.

As for Belgian beers, I love them all. xD.

I love IPA and extremely bitter or experimental bitter beers.

Nothing like those especially on cold or hot days.

I like a good Nitro Stout, Chocolate Stout, or a Russian River Imperial Stout now and then.

:>
i'm 22

You have good taste, Royale Dukuu~~

Thanks Captain Dawgu!~ >.<

Senpai noticed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom