• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Dude yeah i can tomorrow but right now im on a fucking party man sorry dude bro.

It's Fox engine e3 demonstration

Edit: here it is ...dog gameplay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bdBnsSQzhc

9oy34.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Hahahaaaa no man i love it!

Live your life brehs!!! Seriously you only live once! Always keept that in mind!

MGSV 4 EVER!!!! i can't wait aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!rghhhh

TGS???? Waaaat monday??? no fucking waaaay!!!

Palpable

Damn Patriot, that looks so awesome.

2014-08-3017_44_12-paclsz2.png

BwR9KxPCUAAHPOA.jpg:large

Thanks man. He retweeted it too :)

Seems we've got mixed opinions on which mosaic looks best. I'm down for any of those. They all look good to me. Original is fantastic, but I think what would make it even better is if the Ocelot artwork was photoshopped in next to Boss to kind of look like the TPP render from E3. That is, if the Ocelot art is high res enough.

Dawg

Thanks man. He retweeted it too :)

Seems we've got mixed opinions on which mosaic looks best. I'm down for any of those. They all look good to me. Original is fantastic, but I think what would make it even better is if the Ocelot artwork was photoshopped in next to Boss to kind of look like the TPP render from E3. That is, if the Ocelot art is high res enough.

Like this?

metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-hd-wallpaper

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Progress report:

- Compiled avatars and usernames into one master list (combining the original list from Gamescom and the new one)

- Compiled the chosen image into the proper size, and rendered a sample mosaic (draft, no cleanup done)

I wanted to stop here to point out a few things which caught my attention about this new image:

- We are left with a lot of "negative" space around the image. While we did have that with the previous image as well, we did have some black / grey to balance things out as well.

- The lack of detail affects how smoothly the tiny avatars blend into the image. With the previous image, the details on the hair / beard / cigar...etc provided a nice canvas for the avatars

- The eyepatch here is more angular than it is in the other image, so the shape of the Gaf logo is just a little bit less attractive to me (opinion)

For comparison, at the bottom of the post is what the original image looked like (also without cleanup work)

From this point, I'd like to pursue only one of the below, and get the avatars properly lined up and spread out.

I know many people loved the original, but many also wanted to try the new one. So now that we see how each look within a mosaic, which do you guys prefer?

New Image

Original Image
I think they booth look fine.

Except my avatar isn't in it. Please add. :D

Palpable

Long running joke my cousin and I have about Otacon is that he should love the enemy. And by that we mean every person Otacon has ever loved (except Sunny, I guess) has died. Sniper Wolf, Emma, his father, and Naomi. I can just imagine Snake calling Otacon on the codec and screaming, "Love Metal Gear RAY Otacon! Love it!!!"

CHEEZMO™;127771460 said:
Fuck Otacon crying scenes bullshit. I hope we get to wax Huey in MGS5.

Huey commits suicide long after MGS5.

Palpable

Just to warn you guys, I tried this picture out and it is not so good. I tried all possible varieties.

He didn't mean that picture, but he was using it as a reference to what I suggested; have the artwork edited to look like that. Put Ocelot's art behind Boss in that positioning and see how it looks for the mosaic.

By the way, the sooner the mosaic is done, the better. I don't want to rush printing it & sending it out to Tora at the last second.

He didn't mean that picture, but he was using it as a reference to what I suggested; have the artwork edited to look like that. Put Ocelot's art behind Boss in that positioning and see how it looks for the mosaic.

By the way, the sooner the mosaic is done, the better. I don't want to rush printing it & sending it out to Tora at the last second.

Definitely, that's why I pushed for settling on the original artwork so I can start cleaning it up and making sure all avatars are there.

If all goes well, my plan is to have the final file PMed to you on September 4th.

Is that ok?

Palpable

Definitely, that's why I pushed for settling on the original artwork so I can start cleaning it up and making sure all avatars are there.

If all goes well, my plan is to have the final file PMed to you on September 4th.

Is that ok?

That should work. Do we have any high res art of Ocelot to add next to Boss to make it unique? Just a thought. I can't check since I'm on mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom