• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You're joking about the Yong bit, right?
Please be fucking kidding.

Kinda like how Sins of the Father was in the E3 2014 trailer because she tweeted she couldn't wait for E3?
doge.png

I just checked back and she didn't said she can't wait for E3.
doge.png

Also, what do you think about that buddy system? i think Yong is on to something.

Sn4ke_911

Buddy system is nothing new dude. This has been speculated on since E3.

Also, you didn't check hard enough.

05D5AE55-1D4F-4598-9FCE-FFA1B4B080C7_zpsdanfkii8.png

Different person breh, i'm talking about Stefanie Joosten aka Quiet.

Also, i have never heard anyone speculating about the animals we fulton to use in the missions and upgrade with special abilities and shit. I'm totally giving credit to Yong for this.

Palpable

Different person breh, i'm talking about Stefanie Joosten aka Quiet.

Also, i have never heard anyone speculating about the animals we fulton to use in the missions and upgrade with special abilities and shit. I'm totally giving credit to Yong for this.

Companions in general. Using sheep/goats/wolves is from Yong, but he never cites sources so who knows if he came up with it on his own.

Kinda like how Sins of the Father was in the E3 2014 trailer because she tweeted she couldn't wait for E3?

My bad, I should've said Donna. Pre-E3 everyone was going nuts about it simply because Donna was looking forward to E3. I'm drawing similarities of you assuming we'll see more Quiet simply because Steph said she can't wait for TGS.

I love those videos :D

They're such drivel ;( Seems like he'll post a new video for every Kojima tweet.

If Kojima went missing and it was found out that Yong kidnapped him, raped him, defacated on him, and cut off his sausage all because Kojima didn't want to make Yong his waifu, I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, I'd be surprised that it happened, but if I heard Yong did it, I'd be like, "wow, didn't think he'd really do it. Huh..."

Sn4ke_911

Companions in general. Using sheep/goats/wolves is from Yong, but he never cites sources so who knows if he came up with it on his own.

My bad, I should've said Donna. Pre-E3 everyone was going nuts about it simply because Donna was looking forward to E3. I'm drawing similarities of you assuming we'll see more Quiet simply because Steph said she can't wait for TGS.

Yes companions in general, i knew that since i've seen the Snake and dog artwork and when they showed the FOX Engine demonstration video with the dog in it. But i'm specifically talking about the buddy system now... i've never heard of this except for Yong i would assume this comes from him, seriously man you're giving him hate for nothing. Please don't hate him just for the sake of hating him, imo he doesn't deserve that... his analysis are always very well thought out and well done.

On the other hand we don't really know if it will be true but it's definitely a nice and plausible theory with the animal fultoning ...why else would you want to fulton a sheep to motherbase and waste GMP?

Well yeah but Donna is not Stefanie so we'll see.

If sources are not cited, it is generally believed that he came up with it on his own, especially if sources are cited and people are credited by said person, which Yong does.

Companions have been briefly discussed before, but with the showing of the Gamescom demo, it has been discussed in more detail now.

My bad, I should've said Donna. Pre-E3 everyone was going nuts about it simply because Donna was looking forward to E3. I'm drawing similarities of you assuming we'll see more Quiet simply because Steph said she can't wait for TGS

I agree it doesn't have to be directly quiet related at all. Which is even more exciting, because it could be some general TPP news like the release date

Palpable

Yes companions in general, i knew that since i've seen the Snake and dog artwork and when they showed the FOX Engine demonstration video with the dog in it. But i'm specifically talking about the buddy system now... i've never heard of this except for Yong i would assume this comes from him, seriously man you're giving him hate for nothing. Please don't hate him just for the sake of hating him, imo he doesn't deserve that... his analysis are always very well thought out and well done.

On the other hand we don't really know if it will be true but it's definitely a nice and plausible theory with the animal fultoning ...why else would you want to fulton a sheep to motherbase and waste GMP?

Well yeah but Donna is not Stefanie so we'll see.

I know it may seem like I'm hating on him for the hell of it, but I just really don't care for his videos at all. The way he churns out videos and doesn't cite just leaves a bad taste.

Animal fultoning for food (mess hall) or petting zoo (raises troop morale) are the two main things I see it for. But controlling sheep as companions on missions? Come on now...

I know Steph isn't Donna, but it's all the same principal is what I'm getting at.

Sn4ke_911

I know it may seem like I'm hating on him for the hell of it, but I just really don't care for his videos at all. The way he churns out videos and doesn't cite just leaves a bad taste.

Animal fultoning for food (mess hall) or petting zoo (raises troop morale) are the two main things I see it for. But controlling sheep as companions on missions? Come on now...

I know Steph isn't Donna, but it's all the same principal is what I'm getting at.

I wish Kojima would just come out and tell us a bit about the fucking game. For example the mother base stuff, how does multiplayer work? what if another player is in the base and you use the phantom cigar? how the hell should that work? how can you build your base etc. just give us a basic run down same for that buddy system. How does it all work??

Start talking about the game jesus.

Seriously all those speculations start to hurt my head lol.

Palpable

I wish Kojima would just come out and tell us a bit about the fucking game. For example the mother base stuff, how does multiplayer work? what if another player is in the base and you use the phantom cigar? how the hell should that work? how can you build your base etc. just give us a basic run down same for that buddy system. How does it all work??

Seriously all those speculations start to hurt my head lol.

Agreed. Why so many features are being kept a secret, I do not know, but it's kind of irritating. I thought the same thing when I saw that infiltration gameplay from GC. Walking around your base and suddenly seeing the time fast forward would be retarded. I hope this is all explained at TGS.

Sn4ke_911

Agreed. Why so many features are being kept a secret, I do not know, but it's kind of irritating. I thought the same thing when I saw that infiltration gameplay from GC. Walking around your base and suddenly seeing the time fast forward would be retarded. I hope this is all explained at TGS.

Yeah, i mean don't tell me anything about the story but at least start talking about the basics in the game, it's all so confusing and starts to get really frustrating.

Seriously, a new trailer for MGSV at TGS is not enough. If the game really comes out early 2015 i'd like to see live gameplay or a montage video where they show and more importantly EXPLAIN some of the stuff in TPP.

It would be good if they would do it like Rockstar Games with RDR and GTA. They always release those explanation videos where they talk about the basics and systems in the game and how it all works. For a game this huge with so many stuff to do it would be very helpful and spare some headaches until the release lol.

It can be frustrating but at least we have video evidence of Kojima promising to give us more information in two weeks. I suppose that doesn't really confirm that he'll give us a release date and I can imagine how pissed people will be in here if he doesn't. But if he said that, he has to be planning to give us a decent amount of detail about the game mechanics although I'm not particularly hopeful about there being extensive gameplay footage to go along with it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
m8 that shit is already done, I'm posting it in two weeks when Kojima reveals the game will be sold right after TGS ends.

Wouldn't be the first time something like that has been done. MS did it at E3 '10 when they first showed the 360 Slim then said they were in store & on sale immediately after the show.

Of course the chances of MGSV actually being in stores without anyone knowing? Zero.

Sn4ke_911

2014-09-0123_30_41-ke06shy.png

edit: Wow triple post.

I really hate the community thread :/

Brrrrrothers,

Progress report:

- Mosaic getting close to completion. Still need to spend more time cleaning it up though, but getting a bigger variety of avatars going compared to last time.

- Back of Mosaic layout made, with simplistic message and standard layout. Definitely willing to play with the message if you guys want.

- While the avatar layout is not final, the names ARE. So if you can't find your name for some reason, please let me know. Names are arranged alphabetically.

- Planned delivery to Infinity Patriot is this Thursday, September 4th.

Front

Back

Way late on my end, so going to bed. Will check the feedback in the morning.

Brrrrrothers,

Progress report:

- Mosaic getting close to completion. Still need to spend more time cleaning it up though, but getting a bigger variety of avatars going compared to last time.

- Back of Mosaic layout made, with simplistic message and standard layout. Definitely willing to play with the message if you guys want.

- While the avatar layout is not final, the names ARE. So if you can't find your name for some reason, please let me know. Names are arranged alphabetically.

Front

Back

My God. It's absolutely beautiful.

Sn4ke_911

Awesome, good job joe.

I would put the NeoGAF logo somewhere on that back cover and maybe the url www.neogaf.com but other than that it looks really cool.

Dawg

FYI, if Kojima accepts it (and maybe, if he posts a picture or Tora makes a picture) ...

We can make a thread about that, right? Or isn't that considered "news" either? :p

Akiller

Brrrrrothers,

Progress report:

Front

Back

image.php

Should be "immortal-joe is Master"

Amazing, thank you joe and thank you MGSGAF. We're pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom