• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

And good job on Dawg's avatar, patriot :p

Credit for the image being created goes to immortal-joe. Credit for giving me the spark to come up with this idea goes to Sawyer_daa on twitter.

kUwE2KX.jpg

Dawgu is already a demon.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Brrrrrothers,

Progress report:

- Mosaic getting close to completion. Still need to spend more time cleaning it up though, but getting a bigger variety of avatars going compared to last time.

- Back of Mosaic layout made, with simplistic message and standard layout. Definitely willing to play with the message if you guys want.

- While the avatar layout is not final, the names ARE. So if you can't find your name for some reason, please let me know. Names are arranged alphabetically.

- Planned delivery to Infinity Patriot is this Thursday, September 4th.

Front

Back

Way late on my end, so going to bed. Will check the feedback in the morning.

Way to go, Joe!

Brrrrrothers,

Progress report:

- Mosaic getting close to completion. Still need to spend more time cleaning it up though, but getting a bigger variety of avatars going compared to last time.

- Back of Mosaic layout made, with simplistic message and standard layout. Definitely willing to play with the message if you guys want.

- While the avatar layout is not final, the names ARE. So if you can't find your name for some reason, please let me know. Names are arranged alphabetically.

Front

Back

So happy to be a part of this project and community. Excellent job with both, and the whale is an excellent touch.

Can you imagine the trailers?

The speculation?

THE HYPE?!

Yup!

I am probably going to try and avoid Silent Hills pre-release stuff, though.

This lead-up to MGSV has been great, but I'm afraid I'll be burnt out on "Afghanistan is a big place." monologues by the time it is released. (Then again, I'm sure this fatigue will disappear when new MGSV footage is available. :lol)

Dawg

Yeah, but I'm sure there is a reason Kojima keeps showing us the same footage over and over.

He keeps saying he doesn't want to spoil that much (and I believe him, partially) but I have a feeling he's hiding a big surprise.

Yeah, but I'm sure there is a reason Kojima keeps showing us the same footage over and over.

He keeps saying he doesn't want to spoil that much (and I believe him, partially) but I have a feeling he's hiding a big surprise.

Yeah, same here! And that's what's so exciting - the stuff we haven't seen. I know that watching and playing are two entirely different things, so I know it will feel fresh when we get the game -- just the frustration that comes along with the wait really gets to me! :lol I think I can finally relax and enjoy the anticipation like a normal human being once we get a release date. You know, not staying up until 5 AM to watch Kojima Station or whatever ungodly hour to get the latest tidbit of MGSV info.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Dawg, did you lose a bet?

Brrrrrothers,

Progress report:

Whoa, that's amazing, Joe. Thank you very much!

Dawg

Kojima probably read through this thread before the conference and decided to postpone the announcement for two weeks.

-Deimos

Finished MGS2. It was a lot shorter and the bosses were a lot easier than I remembered.

Onto MGS3!
Finally get to play as SS again!

Brrrrrothers,

Progress report:

Front

Back

Very cool! Thank you.

Akiller

Once MGS V is released and the hype is over...

...will all of us go Silent Hills mode?

Of course, Diamond Dawgs hype train will rise again!

Just like he did for MGS2 tanker, guess who will be the "Raiden" this time...:Sn4kuface

Brrrrrothers,

Progress report:

Front

Back

Amazingness all around. Amazingness.

how much of MGS4 was shown prior to release? i seem to recall the vast majority of it was the middle east chapter. especially 6-ish months out from release *crosses fingers*

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Exactly 50 years ago today, Snake
pulled the trigger and eliminated The Boss

snake-points-patriosswq6i.jpg

Probably the greatest gaming moment in videogame history.

iLmhVETS0m92y.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah guys the game is just around the corner. Konami just released an article to refresh everyone's mind of the events what happened and are relevant to TPP.

2014-09-0217_05_18-koozreg.png

From John to Venom: The Story of Metal Gear Solid

With Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes already released and The Phantom Pain on its way, you will soon be able to witness the transformation of Big Boss into a man fueled by revenge.
For the newcomers who want to understand MGS history, or the veterans who want to rediscover Big Boss' legacy, here's a summary of the events that lead to Metal Gear Solid V.

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/posts/From-Jack-to-Venom-The-Story-of-Metal-Gear-Solid

2014 release it is. TGS release date announcement confirmed.
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

Yeah guys the game is just around the corner. Konami just released an article to refresh everyone's mind of the events what happened and are relevant to TPP.

2014-09-0217_05_18-koozreg.png

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/posts/From-Jack-to-Venom-The-Story-of-Metal-Gear-Solid

2014 release it is. TGS release date announcement confirmed.
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

YUP! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!! TGS RELEASE DATE!!
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

I told you.

You only speak when Infinity Patriot says it's OK for you to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom