• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

YUP! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!! TGS RELEASE DATE!!
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

You only speak when Infinity Patriot says it's OK for you to speak.

Dawg will remember that.

Yeah guys the game is just around the corner. Konami just released an article to refresh everyone's mind of the events what happened and are relevant to TPP.

2014-09-0217_05_18-koozreg.png

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/posts/From-Jack-to-Venom-The-Story-of-Metal-Gear-Solid

2014 release it is. TGS release date announcement confirmed.
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

Oh god pls yes

I really hope its 2014

Ladies and Gents the 22 minutes Gamescom demo is FINALLY on Gamersyde in all it's glory. (1080p, 60fps)

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_15803_en.html#.VAW_9H-2zjA.twitter

hnnng 5gb dling still.

Welp after seeing the news of a possible TGS release date announcement for TPP i caved in and ran out to buy Ground Zeroes for dat PS3.

P.S.1 Oh Hai MgsGaf
P.S.2 First post on NeoGaf wooohoo.

I can't choose between 1, 2 and 3. It's like my ultimate trilogy.

That said, MGS V might take the crown if it delivers on the hype.

Here's hoping. MGS4 introduced you to the series though, do you feel that negatively towards it? I'm avoiding that MGS4 thread in Gaming where you may have already expressed your opinion on it.

Hi dudes,

Just wanted to deliver a PSA: I've received a few more requests to join the mosaic since I submitted my most recent version yesterday; I suppose it was from people not active in the thread but do view it from time to time. I'm adding all who sent me a PM, but I must point out that I will not be able to accept anymore requests as of this post. I need to dedicate the remaining time to ensuring each avatar gets some placement on the image, while also finalizing the list of names on the back.

By the end of Thursday, Infinity will get the links to download the full-res versions via PM.

Thanks for your kind words and continued support.

Hi dudes,

Just wanted to deliver a PSA: I've received a few more requests to join the mosaic since I submitted my most recent version yesterday; I suppose it was from people not active in the thread but do view it from time to time. I'm adding all who sent me a PM, but I must point out that I will not be able to accept anymore requests as of this post. I need to dedicate the remaining time to ensuring each avatar gets some placement on the image, while also finalizing the list of names on the back.

By the end of Thursday, Infinity will get the links to download the full-res versions via PM.

Thank you for the hard work, joe! :)

Dawg

Here's hoping. MGS4 introduced you to the series though, do you feel that negatively towards it? I'm avoiding that MGS4 thread in Gaming where you may have already expressed your opinion on it.

The game is on a different level than the first three games. I don't really feel that negatively about it and I still think it's a really good game, but I think the hardware back then was (maybe?) a limit for Kojima and he couldn't really make the grand game he had in mind. I've read a lot about what MGS4 should have been and it's kinda obvious he couldn't deliver that stuff in the end.

Normally, I'd consider nostalgia playing a part but I've played 1, 2 and 3 after MGS4 and it's only been a few years. With that in mind, I felt the first three games were much better as a whole. Every game in the franchise has stuff I like, but the fourth game just... felt off. Not just the story, but also the gameplay. I felt like something was missing there.

Having played Ground Zeroes now, I know Kojima has still got it. A lot of stuff has been improved (imo) and the gameplay is just really good. If he can bring the same level of gameplay in the full game, I doubt we'll have much to complain about. Hell, looking at the things we're speculating about... the full game will be incredibly big with tons of features.

No idea about the story though. That was a big issue in 4 and, despite the trailers and teasing, we still don't know horseshit.

Palpable

Hi dudes,

I directed a few fans to this thread that I noticed weren't on the list.

Dawgu, what size did you print the first version as?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Brrrrrothers,

Progress report:

- Mosaic getting close to completion. Still need to spend more time cleaning it up though, but getting a bigger variety of avatars going compared to last time.

- Back of Mosaic layout made, with simplistic message and standard layout. Definitely willing to play with the message if you guys want.

- While the avatar layout is not final, the names ARE. So if you can't find your name for some reason, please let me know. Names are arranged alphabetically.

- Planned delivery to Infinity Patriot is this Thursday, September 4th.

Front

Back

Way late on my end, so going to bed. Will check the feedback in the morning.

GLORIOUS
crying-gandalf-o.gif

Oretachi wa Diamondo Dawgsu

The game is on a different level than the first three games. I don't really feel that negatively about it and I still think it's a really good game, but I think the hardware back then was (maybe?) a limit for Kojima and he couldn't really make the grand game he had in mind. I've read a lot about what MGS4 should have been and it's kinda obvious he couldn't deliver that stuff in the end.

i think it's pretty obvious from the various interviews and ideas kojima has talked about pre-MGS3 and pre-MGS4, what we're seeing out of TPP thus far is a lot of those ideas coming to fruition, along with many new ones of course.

Dawg

i think it's pretty obvious from the various interviews and ideas kojima has talked about pre-MGS3 and pre-MGS4, what we're seeing out of TPP thus far is a lot of those ideas coming to fruition, along with many new ones of course.

The only thing that still disappoints me, is that the open world isn't really an "open world". You know, I expected a complete OPEN world with no loading screens and where you could pick your own missions and bases to infiltrate.

But that doesn't seem to be the case? Instead, we get a set of large, open areas set in different places.

You better not fuck this up.
doge.png

Can I add you to the proofread list? :lol

The only thing that still disappoints me, is that the open world isn't really an "open world". You know, I expected a complete OPEN world with no loading screens and where you could pick your own missions and bases to infiltrate.

But that doesn't seem to be the case? Instead, we get a set of large, open areas set in different places.

Well, it's open where it counts - the game's approach to each mission. And besides, once you complete a mission (say, getting an Intel file), you don't have to return to base and select a new mission - you can keep going. That's my take, anyway.

I'm going to start working on that OT right now.

I need to prepare.

How many posts in the OT will be dedicated to David Hayter theories because I'm hoping all of them?

As someone who appreciated the limited amount of battlefield sneaking that we got in MGS4, TPP is pretty exciting. Hopefully, it doesn't take another gen for Kojima's clearly ambitious ideas to come to fruition. TPP technically is still the same gen as MGS4.

i'd actually prefer different places, makes more logical sense to have different separate bases and areas to explore. and the missions are already less linear and more "open" than anything GTA has done. i said this before, but i would take a game with 10 GZ-ish missions, let alone something with even bigger maps and motherbase and all that comes with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom