• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

ToraShiro should've gotten the mosaic around 6 hours ago, but I haven't heard from him. I certainly hope he got it. Otherwise I'll be flipping tables in the FedEx office I went to.

TheF1BOB

Banned
I wonder how big Code Talker's role actually is.

He'll probably just be like a witch doctor or something.

English spoken Kojima Station not coming back in its current form.

Well that sucks, but I guess they haven't done an episode since E3. Maybe we'll get subbed Japanese episodes? Or even better, English dubbed episodes lol.

I'll be lying if I said I wasn't gonna miss it.

They should hire Kiefer to provide Kojima's voice as consolation for being the new face of Metal Gear.

FIFY.

That is a lie. TeamC is just jelly because TeamA is going so strong!

How can we be Jelly of a team who has such a hurtful leader?

MB24EJf.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Been playing GZ again... game is really good. Has me so stoked for MGS proper.

But Kojima and Co. please fix the guard-pop. Everything else can pop in the game, but please fix the guards.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Konami jp have added a new section to their site about TGS:

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/tgs_2014/

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/tgs_2014/

This made me chuckle:

In stage events, luxury guest on stage plan, including the director Hideo Kojima. By preparing the stage program of various concepts, it will deliver the latest information to be worried about. In particular: In the "METAL GEAR SOLID V THE PHANTOM PAIN", I also offer video for the first time published in this Tokyo Game Show 2014.

2016 CONFIRMED! PANIC :p

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I have been messing around with MGS2 on PCSX2.

Not the correct aspect ratio but I thought the shot looked cool for screenshot purposes. Has an isometric rpg kind of aesthetic to it. Game runs terribly slow.

My cpu is 2.6Ghz ;_;

I think I might upgrade PC before going PS4 to be honest, because I would love to be able to emulate my PS2 games, even if it means missing out on MGSV initially. We'll see what TGS brings.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Not the correct aspect ratio but I thought the shot looked cool for screenshot purposes. Has an isometric rpg kind of aesthetic to it. Game runs terribly slow.

My cpu is 2.6Ghz ;_;

I think I might upgrade PC before going PS4 to be honest, because I would love to be able to emulate my PS2 games, even if it means missing out on MGSV initially. We'll see what TGS brings.

Man the PS2 MGS games have aged great, haven't they.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

My cpu is 2.6Ghz ;_;

You should try using a widescreen patch.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Widescreen-Game-Patches?pid=271674#pid271674

I think that archive has one.

-Deimos

pls. those controls take some used to, but one you get used, you are in complete control of snake/raiden all the time.
Not even. Do you know how many times I accidentally shot a soldier while holding him up or how many times Snake wouldn't stay prone? Too many times!

At least we got the 3rd person camera in MGS3, so much better.

Skullface

I, uh... I can't believe I'm saying this, but he makes some good points. I wasn't so much convinced that there's a relation to Decoy there, but she may be thematically related to octopi in general. Super octopus powers!? Quiet is David Octohayter!

Metal Gear?!
Metal Gear?!
Metal Gear?!
Metal Gear?!
Metal Gear?!
We've had exactly two run ins in the past...

#TeamO unite!!

Sn4ke_911

Remember when Kojima said right after MGS4 he's not done yet with Solid Snake?

and yeah since Kojima's next game is Silent Hills and no more MGS for now you better believe Solid Snake is in MGSV.

Palpable

Remember when Kojima said right after MGS4 he's not done yet with Solid Snake?

and yeah since Kojima's next game is Silent Hills and no more MGS for now you better believe Solid Snake is in MGSV.

Remember when Kojima right after MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, & MGS: PW said he isn't making MGS anymore? Point is, the guy can't fully be trusted! Certainly not with something he said 6 years ago.

Sn4ke_911

Remember when Kojima right after MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, & MGS: PW said he isn't making MGS anymore? Point is, the guy can't fully be trusted! Certainly not with something he said 6 years ago.

Well he said that in 2012 too and by that time the game must have been already a few years in development. So he obviously knows what he's talking about.

2014-09-1418_36_22-kok1rt7.png

Dawg

Could mean a lot of things though.

Even without Kojima, Metal Gear Solid will continue as a franchise. The problem is that Kojima is a perfectionist. I'm pretty sure that is part of the reason he always ends up making the next game... because he has a hard time leaving his biggest IP in the hands of others. I also seem to recall an interview where he said his team still wasn't up to the task without him.

So yeah, him saying they're not finished with Solid Snake could mean he's in MGS6 or who knows what. It's not mutually exclusive to MGS V. Of course, he could also be in MGS V AND MGS6. Or just in MGS6. Or maybe he's just in Silent Hills.

JayEH

Even without Kojima, Metal Gear Solid will continue as a franchise. The problem is that Kojima is a perfectionist. I'm pretty sure that is part of the reason he always ends up making the next game... because he has a hard time leaving his biggest IP in the hands of others. I also seem to recall an interview where he said his team still wasn't up to the task without him.

So yeah, him saying they're not finished with Solid Snake could mean he's in MGS6 or who knows what. It's not mutually exclusive to MGS V. Of course, he could also be in MGS V AND MGS6. Or just in MGS6. Or maybe he's just in Silent Hills.

Yep this pretty much sums it up. I think he thinks KojiPro can't do anything without him lol. After Rising I don't think he has much faith in them.

Sn4ke_911

Why would Kojima talk about Solid Snake in 2008 and 2012 when he is not in MGSV? i highly doubt he was talking about MGS6 or Silent Hills at that time lol.

Also, weren't you my second in command on TeamA? looks like we have a traitor here! Diamond Dogs arrest this man, Ocelot will take care of you.

Dawg

Also, weren't you my second in command on TeamA? looks like we have a traitor here! Diamond Dogs arrest this man, Ocelot will take care of you.

For your information, what I said earlier doesn't mean I think SS won't be in the game. I'm just saying that interview is no direct proof. You're asking me why Kojima would talk about Solid Snake in an interview? He's still a big part of the franchise and the interviewer probably asked about him.

Sn4ke_911

For your information, what I said earlier doesn't mean I think SS won't be in the game. I'm just saying that interview is no direct proof. You're asking me why Kojima would talk about Solid Snake in an interview? He's still a big part of the franchise and the interviewer probably asked about him.

Yeah yeah tell that little story to Ocelot let's see what he thinks about it.

-Deimos

Yep this pretty much sums it up. I think he thinks KojiPro can't do anything without him lol. After Rising I don't think he has much faith in them.
The problem with rising wasn't the story though. They just couldn't get the level design right to fit with the gameplay. Plus he left the development to his amateur team, not his main one.

If he decides to retire he better not take MGS with him.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't a proposed MGS6 a game starring The Boss anyway? There would be no way Solid Snake could appear in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom