• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

I just want to say that I'm amazed at Kiefer's performance. I really feel like this is a different character all together from the PW and MGS3 Big Boss. I really feel like we've got a true villain on our hands. Then there's that moment where it looks like Big Boss is really choosing his words carefully when addressing Kaz. It almost looks like he bites his lip for a second. And the tongue and lip smacking... So nuanced.

JayEH

I just want to say that I'm amazed at Kiefer's performance. I really feel like this is a different character all together from the PW and MGS3 Big Boss. I really feel like we've got a true villain on our hands. Then there's that moment where it looks like Big Boss is really choosing his words carefully when addressing Kaz. It almost looks like he bites his lip for a second. And the tongue and lip smacking... So nuanced.

I really enjoyed that we finally got to see Big Boss take charge and make his own decision in the Quiet cutscene... Which may the first time we've seen him do this?

Skullface

I really enjoyed that we finally got to see Big Boss take charge and make his own decision in the Quiet cutscene... Which may the first time we've seen him do this?

You might be right. A quick look at Peace Walker might give you the impression that Big Boss is subservient to Kaz.

Ever since the GZ announcement, I've loved how they have his weapon attached to the hip instead of the usual "glued to his back" set up they have for most avatars. Also, the way it sways and buckles as he moves is great too.

-Deimos

Ever since the GZ announcement, I've loved how they have his weapon attached to the hip instead of the usual "glued to his back" set up they have for most avatars. Also, the way it sways and buckles as he moves is great too.
I love the fact that we can actually see the weapon instead of it disappearing. I know MGS always let you carry an arsenal but I'm willing to let that tradition go in favor of a more realistic inventory system.

and it's just more practical. it's alot closer to how real military personnel will carry rifles. i don't even mind that there isn't a strap per se (guess it's understood), I'm just glad it aint on his back.

J.EM1

Licensing products can be pricey. I remember Medal of Honor: Warfighter featuring weapons from top tier weapons manufacturers; Daniel Defense, Aimpoint, LaRue Tactical, etc. It's a shame the game didn't do too well.

As far as MGSV is concerned, I've made my peace with it featuring fictional, albeit hybrid types of real world weapons.

TheBoss1

Licensing products can be pricey. I remember Medal of Honor: Warfighter featuring weapons from top tier weapons manufacturers; Daniel Defense, Aimpoint, LaRue Tactical, etc. It's a shame the game didn't do too well.

As far as MGSV is concerned, I've made my peace with it featuring fictional, albeit hybrid types of real world weapons.

Maybe the PC community will make/edit in genuine weapons whenever TPP arrives for them. Hopefully, I will have a new PC to max out (or close to) TPP by then.

Palpable

Yeah but at what cost? We lost real weapon names :(

I've been sour about this since the reveal of weapons being fictional. The designs aren't even of real weapons, but mash ups. Every single MGS game prior has real world weapons (with a mix of sci-fi guns too) and sometimes they're even important to the storyline. For example, Ocelot's Single Action Army being featured numerous times & it being his signature weapon. I wonder how that'll work in TPP. Also when Raiden pointed out that the Gurlukovich soldiers on the Big Shell were armed with Russian gear and AN-94's on the outside and how he had to carry an AKS-74u to get to the shell 1 core. If they have a weapons expert talk to us on radio about the fake guns, that'll be dumb as shit.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I've been sour about this since the reveal of weapons being fictional. The designs aren't even of real weapons, but mash ups. Every single MGS game prior has real world weapons (with a mix of sci-fi guns too) and sometimes they're even important to the storyline. For example, Ocelot's Single Action Army being featured numerous times & it being his signature weapon. I wonder how that'll work in TPP. Also when Raiden pointed out that the Gurlukovich soldiers on the Big Shell were armed with Russian gear and AN-94's on the outside and how he had to carry an AKS-74u to get to the shell 1 core. If they have a weapons expert talk to us on radio about the fake guns, that'll be dumb as shit.

Yeah, I'm also disapointed in it, but I just handwave is at custom MSF/Diamond Dog weapons, maybe Cipher and other characters still have real ones.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yeah, I'm also disapointed in it, but I just handwave is at custom MSF/Diamond Dog weapons, maybe Cipher and other characters still have real ones.

The US soldiers in Guantanamo Bay in Ground Zeroes were using the fictional spinoffs.

Palpable

The US soldiers in Guantanamo Bay in Ground Zeroes were using the fictional spinoffs.

Yeah, this. Every gun in the game is fictional. The Marines in Gitmo didn't even have a rifle that remotely resembled the M16 service rifles lol.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
15213815407_4591983c3e_o.png

Skullface

I wonder when we'll seriously get a release date. I mean, will they announce it at the VGAs or just by surprise during a Kojima station?

Fun how so many here are highly speculating the latter half of the game leading into an mg1-2 remake.If, for some reason (because I highly doubt this or a hayter appearance to happen), this is the case I for one would love to see the game devolve into itself until it got to that point. Imagine that kinda mind fuckery? What I mean by this is that the gameplay and graphical fidelity would start to "downgrade" into the prior iteration of each game until it cycled into (or a point leading up to) mg1.

JayEH

This game has been in development longer than most people's high school years. Perspective.

Well a couple of years of that is working on the FOX engine but yeah it's ridiculous. But you can't say the final product doesn't take advantage of that time.

Anyway there's a big PSN sale for Konami stuff right now with plenty of Metal Gear games included!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom